How do you know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smurf_sista

Acrobat
I think i might be bi-polar.... how do i know that its not just teenage mood swings.

coz i get very very very big mood swings in a very short time

but i donno i tend to take it out on my mates and its starting to really worrying them (and me)

i dont know any advice?

I don't know your situation and it may well be (and probably is) nothing other than hormones, but it certainly can't hurt to seek professional advice so that if there is something wrong it can be adressed before it gets deadly serious.

Mood swings could be symptoms of alot of things. If it is starting to worry you (and your friends) then professional advice might be the best thing. Speak to your doctor and explain your symptoms like the above poster says. Good luck with this:up:

Untreated bipolar disorder is a fairly debilitating illness that comes with a whole host of psychological and physical symptoms. If your only concern is mood swings/lashing out at friends on occasion, I doubt that BPD is the cause. However, speaking to your physician if you're concerned at all is always a good idea. Maybe s/he could pinpoint some other reason.

I agree with VintagePunk, if it's just mood swings then you probably don't have biopolar. There are some serious things that come along with the disease that require medication for some people to even function normally on a daily basis

Bi-polar is much more than moodiness. Extreme behavior such as days without sleep during a high and sleeping for days during a low point.

There is extreme moodines, irritablility inability to focus and MOST often denial or no realization that your behavior is abnormal.

If your moodswings are a problem I would definitely see a dr. Maybe there is some simple change you can make. Could be hormonal or a reaction to birth control.

:)

OH and you said you're a teenager so moodiness is VERY normal for a teenage girl.

I would consult your doctor and describe the mood swings you are having. Could just be a normal teen age thing but it never hurts to be sure. Bi-polar is extreme ups and downs which doesn't sound like what you are going through.

My oldest brother used to be with someone who had bi-polar disease. When she was taking her medicine like she should than she was the sweetest person. In fact for about a year or so my family didn't even know she was bi-polar! Last time we saw her we thought she was acting a bit strange. Just figured there were some problems in the relationship. Turns out that she had stopped taking her medication and that's why she wasn't herself. In fact she became psychotic after my brother ended the relationship with her. Said it got to be too much to deal with her mood swings. She ended up coming to his law office one day after having called and saying she was going to kill him.

Back
Top Bottom