How did you get a Pic with Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wierd. Bono has freckles. Didn't know that.
He's still sexshay.
And so is his accent, even when you can't understand a word he's saying. *rotfl*

Jamila said:
Bono senses sincerity - and gravitates towards it.

This made me chuckle because Bono - like The Great Pumpkin gravitates to sincerity! :lol:

But what you say is true. :yes:

irishdove, honestly, you would totally be able to handle it. You feel this sense of calm that comes over you. Just stand there and don't be pushy, and if he has time, he will come and chat with you. :)

As for me, my first meeting with Bono happened during Zoo TV, a small group of us had coffee with him at his hotel. There is no way you can plan or prepare for something like that. We were hoping for an autograph, we NEVER thought he would join us!!!

This is the only photo I have of that occasion...sitting on his leather panted lap. :drool: Unfortunately, I look horrifying! :yikes: (that's because I was just closing my mouth after a smile, she caught me before I was ready!)

The really funny thing is that meeting happened one month before my first marriage.....and now 13 years later my dance with Bono happened a month before my SECOND marriage.

:ohmy:

It makes me think I need to get divorced much more often. ;)

P.S. His hair is reeeeeeeeallllyyyy soft.

Attachments

• baby_bono.jpg
    baby_bono.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Mrs. Edge said:

This made me chuckle because Bono - like The Great Pumpkin gravitates to sincerity! :lol:

:laugh: :wink:

Have you put the Bono/coffee pic up at Paul's house yet?

(and by Paul's house, I mean the home that you and Paul now share) :D

Actually....a spooky thing happened. When we unpacked the truck, the ONLY thing that got broken was the glass in my Bono coffee pic! :crazy: It doesn't matter though, I'll get it re-framed. :)

Mrs. Edge said:

irishdove, honestly, you would totally be able to handle it. You feel this sense of calm that comes over you. Just stand there and don't be pushy, and if he has time, he will come and chat with you. :)

As for me, my first meeting with Bono happened during Zoo TV, a small group of us had coffee with him at his hotel. There is no way you can plan or prepare for something like that. We were hoping for an autograph, we NEVER thought he would join us!!!

This is the only photo I have of that occasion...sitting on his leather panted lap. :drool: Unfortunately, I look horrifying! :yikes: (that's because I was just closing my mouth after a smile, she caught me before I was ready!)

The really funny thing is that meeting happened one month before my first marriage.....and now 13 years later my dance with Bono happened a month before my SECOND marriage.

I think I've seen that pic online before and never realized it was you. Cool! :cool:.

Mrs. Edge said:

I'm so sorry I didn't get to respond to this earlier, I'm on a public computer and can't get to it regularly. When I got to the concert in Philly I couldn't believe how calm I was! I was sure I would feel like I was going to faint or something when I saw them, but you are right, a sense of calm does come over you! I thought it was strange, and I felt it two days before I went.

P.S. I wouldn't be caught dead in a picture, I don't photograph well at all - sitting on Bono's lap would do me in, I don't care how calm I was!

So glad that you had a good time, irishdove. (lovely name)

You'll have many more. ;)

Thanks! I've had a sort of rough life (like so many of us), and this was one of the happiest times of my life! I'm so grateful!

pics w Bono...

It takes a little detective work, a lot of patience, a camera ready to go, and Bono in town of course!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/bret6262/HPIM0553.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/bret6262/Bono.jpg

I will be going for #3 maybe- in just a couple weeks in Oakland, or San Francisco- wherever my car takes me....

here is what I have gotten signed so for- going for another round!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/bret6262/HPIM1501.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/bret6262/HPIM0720.jpg

I consider myself very lucky already and anything else is truly a bonus-- but I will still try!

From my experiences, they all arrive at the venue for sound check between 330 and 430pm. Depending on how late/early they are running usually determines how long they can "mingle".

mebono.jpg

rich112580 said:
From my experiences, they all arrive at the venue for sound check between 330 and 430pm. Depending on how late/early they are running usually determines how long they can "mingle".

That had been my experience as well until the DC shows last week when they didn't do sound check either night.

Larry, Adam and Edge showed up around 6:15-6:30 the first night, didn't stop or even roll down their windows, followed shortly by Bono, who did stop and greeted the crowd for about 5 minutes.

The second night, Bono came first, again around 6:15 and just rolled down the window and waved, saying he had a sore throat. The rest of the band came a while later and just flew right past us.

I guess everything depends on if they are doing a runner and coming straight in from the airport instead of a hotel and how Bono is feeling.

elevation2u, I would suggest you be ready to line up near the loading dock around 2:30 and just be prepared to wait. Bring water and wear comfortable shoes! If they do show up and get out, its so worth the wait :D

rich112580 said:

mebono.jpg

I can't imagine to be so lucky to get a photo with the Bman. I'm really happy for everybody whose had that opportunity. Besides the photo, is the memory of that encounter, what was said, maybe a hug etc.. sweet.
I do have to say though, that on most of the photos Bono doesn't smile. Any idea why that is? Are people taking a long time to get their cameras ready and he gets bored or tired? He always seems to be in a good mood, friendly, nice, attentive, kind, generous. I'm sure he's always been very nice to anybody who he has posed with. So why the serious face? It seems to not match his personality.

Back
Top Bottom