Hockey is back!!! 2006-2007: GO OILERS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadiens1160 said:
Jose Theodore's first game in Montreal since he was sent packing. Let's see what kind of reaciton he gets :wink:

Wow, did the fans every taunt the poor guy with their repeated cries of "Theo, Theo". No wonder he let in 8 goals!

I'm sorry, I'm a huge Habs fan but sometimes their fans just piss me off. They're still booing Patrice Brisebois after all these years?!
Geez, get over it already! (The guy just donated something like 25k to a hospital near Montreal in the past few days too)

No wonder a lot of Quebec players don't want to play for the Canadiens.

Meh Montreal is hockey, hockey, and hockey. If you can't cut it playing for the team then don't expect a warm welcome.

These are the same fans who gave Maurice Richard and Saku Koivu 8+ minute standing ovations.

I don't care if it's "hockey, hockey, hockey" (I'm quite aware of that). It's a very unclassy move for such a classy city....

Brisebois gave 50k (not 25k) to a hospital in Montreal although he no longer lives there and no longer plays there....Low blow Montreal.

Apparently, they played Paris Hilton's song after Theo made a save. I find that funny :giggle:

Last edited:
no mention of the sabres yet?! the only undefeated team left, but montreal might break that soonish...

These are the supposed All-Star jerseys for this year - surfaced recently on the net.

27860261963c275be27odm2.jpg

27860262625f82e08d0old9.jpg

Not happy about this. Basically it looks like Rebok is trying to push new-style NHL jerseys on the league for next season. They're more form-fitting, but more worryingly, they have a template instead of letting clubs put the colours where they want to.

People have been making speculative examples of what next year's jerseys may look like:

flyerszr0.png

swiftstarslz7.png

And worst of all

mtlhe7.jpg

Looks like mid-70s MLB jerseys. Jesus christ....

Canadiens1160 said:
Meh Montreal is hockey, hockey, and hockey. If you can't cut it playing for the team then don't expect a warm welcome.

These are the same fans who gave Maurice Richard and Saku Koivu 8+ minute standing ovations.

Any hockey town in the world would have given Maurice Richard and Saku Koivu 8+ minutes of standing ovations, given their stories. Shit, Montreal is where they should have gotten hours.

And "If you can't cut it playing for the team then don't expect a warm welcome." could have been cut and pasted right out of a Yankees fan's post. :yikes:

SUPERB game tonight (Habs and Leafs). What a shootout!

And Souray is producing nicely this season. He has to keep scoring goals from the point to offset the fact that he sucks on defense.

It's official: The Sedin twins are now superstars. The stuff they were pulling against Washington left me scraping my jaw off the floor. Blind passes, tape to tape....just when you think a Sedin is checked off the puck, he gets it back and sends another blind pass to where the other Sedin suddenly has a clear cut 1 on 0 with the goalie..... this stuff just happened over and over and over on Friday night. They could have had 5 points each.

Is there any other professional sports team with superstar twins? Has there ever been? This is a totally unique situation, I think. Superstar twins not just playing for the same team, but playing on the same line.

Unfortunately now you can't wait till the 7th round of a hockey pool and steal the twins. Everyone will know by next year.

Canadiens1160 said:
SUPERB game tonight (Habs and Leafs). What a shootout!

And Souray is producing nicely this season. He has to keep scoring goals from the point to offset the fact that he sucks on defense.

I agree and I was so fortunate to be there!
I couldn't have picked a better game for my first Habs game! (Well, except one where they actually won!)

I went with my Leafs-loving boyfriend and frankly I was shocked at the number of Leafs fans in the arena! They gave the Habs fans a good run for their money in the chanting dept!

I dunno if anyone else is a Leaf fan .... :uhoh: :crickets chirping: :uhoh:

I'm not sure what to make of them this year, I like the fact that they are taking more than 20 shots per game but I'm worried about their "defence" (if you want to call it that).

McCabe and Kaberle are overpaid and lazy and Kubina is still out...

And Hal Gil? :banghead: Has anybody seen this guy do anything? All he does is stand around, they might as well strap some skates on a telephone pole... At least it would block a couple of shots! :mad:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I dunno if anyone else is a Leaf fan .... :uhoh: :crickets chirping: :uhoh:

I'm not sure what to make of them this year, I like the fact that they are taking more than 20 shots per game but I'm worried about their "defence" (if you want to call it that).

McCabe and Kaberle are overpaid and lazy and Kubina is still out...

And Hal Gil? :banghead: Has anybody seen this guy do anything? All he does is stand around, they might as well strap some skates on a telephone pole... At least it would block a couple of shots! :mad:

Now that Domi and Pat Quinn are gone, I don't *mind* the Leafs as much.
Will be interesting to see if they can play as well now that Sundin is out for 3-4 weeks! :yikes:

ladywithspinninghead said:

Now that Domi and Pat Quinn are gone, I don't *mind* the Leafs as much.
Will be interesting to see if they can play as well now that Sundin is out for 3-4 weeks! :yikes:

Well they did pretty good last night in Boston - 6-4 (I didn't know Antrapov knew how to shoot the puck :shocked: ) but now Raycroft is out....:uhoh:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Well they did pretty good last night in Boston - 6-4 (I didn't know Antrapov knew how to shoot the puck :shocked: ) but now Raycroft is out....:uhoh:

Well, the Leafs played well against the Habs the other night! The Canadiens were just pathetic!

I'm losing a lot of confidence in them - if it wasn't for Huet's stellar performance in the first period, I would have bet that tonight's game against Ottawa would mark the end of the Sens' losing streak...

DiPietro actually holding on to a shutout? There's something you don't see every.....ever. He almost had one vs Philly last week, but he blew it w/ 2 mins left, and I just assumed he'd do it again last night.

This thread fell to the second page - we can't let that happen! :no:

So it looks like the Leafs are on a roll - Sundin returns tonight. I wonder how far they'll make it this year.

Ottawa might be finally making a comeback! :up:

And saving the best news for last, Montreal beat the Mighty Sabres with one second left! :drool:

Pronger that douchebag was back in E-Town for the first time since being traded. The boo's were great. I was expecting people to start throwing condoms on the ice.

It's just too bad the oilers lost.

all the Bruins need is one trade ,
just one trade for a star defenceman ( kasparaitis )
, goalie ( bullinwall )
or a forward ( guerin , allison , guy from blue jackets ,
or Datsiyk ).
and then they'll be perfect .
i'm really glad how new GM does his work ( knock on the wood ) ,
and the coach department, dave Lewis certainly knows his stuff , winner type ,
with a bit of luck i'm looking towards eastern finals this yeah ,

and please no gray boredom ala
: buffalo sabres & carolina + senators

Go leafs , flyers and blackhawks ( god help them )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom