Hawaii December 9th - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
weinerdog said:

I'm hardly a running expert, but I did slog my way through a marathon last year, and in my limited experience you'll be too amped up to get any good sleep anyways. As the guru Hal Higdon says on his site.."Get a good night's sleep tonight. You may have more difficulty sleeping tomorrow night because of nervous anticipation. Also, you may need to get up early Sunday to get to the start on time. For this reason, your Friday night's sleep is even more important than your Saturday night's sleep."

So if you've run 50 marathons feel free to ignore my useless .02 . I am hoping the 9th holds up, because then I'll sign up for it too. Takes a date on the calendar to get me going sometimes :) Show would probably be over by 11:15.....
Hi!

I'm thinking about the Honolulu Marathon too. It would be my first. I've started a training schedule of Hal Higdon. Often after a U2 concert I have 'problems' with my legs because of being in the GA line the whole day and jumping up and down during the concert. Let's wait for the date first :)

Hans

techfire said:
Another Hawaii bump........
What's up to everyone who traveled to Hawaii in April, not much action in this thread lately, dammit.
For the Hawaii Yahoo group we now have a new message board, which is easier to navigate than the long lists of emails from the Yahoo mailing list.

If you haven't already been there, you are all invited if you like :)

You can find the link in the Hawaii Yahoo group:

groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

There is a not a lot of U2-Hawaii related news right now, but there are many people there who were in Hawaii in April, and will go again later this year.

Take care,

Hans

kellyahern said:
To everyone who went to Hawaii in April, what is the best place you went/one experience you had that you would say to someone, "You have to do this!" when you go to Oahu?

And no, drunk U2 karaoke does not count. :wink:

hi- kelly
i went to hawaii in april and i would recommend 2 things highly

the submarine ride from the Port Hilton Dock at the Hilton Hawaiian Village was amazing- 1 hour sub ride- a big boat takes you out to the sub and you tool around the ocean floor- i saw sea turtles, manta rays, tons of fish-really a great time!

also-the helicopter ride is worth it- i took the 1 hour tour and had a great time, bought the video so everyone at home could see what i saw (the video is of your exact flight- it's hilarious to see yourself in a helicopter with the huge headphones on!)

the mad hatter said:

hi- kelly
i went to hawaii in april and i would recommend 2 things highly

the submarine ride from the Port Hilton Dock at the Hilton Hawaiian Village was amazing- 1 hour sub ride- a big boat takes you out to the sub and you tool around the ocean floor- i saw sea turtles, manta rays, tons of fish-really a great time!

also-the helicopter ride is worth it- i took the 1 hour tour and had a great time, bought the video so everyone at home could see what i saw (the video is of your exact flight- it's hilarious to see yourself in a helicopter with the huge headphones on!)

Which company did you use for the helicopter tour?

i went with Makani Kai helicopters- they are the oldest (as in been on the island the longest) helicopter tour company.
any other help just let me know! i think i did everything you can possibly do on the island in one week!
molly

About 10 years ago we did the submarine tour and the helicopter tour on Maui. Both were unforgettable and amazing. An absolutely incredible way to see things many won't have the opportunity to see in their Lifetime! Buy the video from your helicopter tour also to watch, remember and enjoy for years.

from Rocko and the Devils website

Oh yeah......remember when I said "an announcement will be made in the near future" about.....you know.....the other thing you come here to find out about? Better pay attention........you know how I love secrets and surprises, right? Bwaah-haa-haa (...evil laughter) Love - Rocko

:banghead: but still lots of love to Rocko for being about the only person that seems give any positive news

nurse chrissi said:
from Rocko and the Devils website
Oh yeah......remember when I said "an announcement will be made in the near future" about.....you know.....the other thing you come here to find out about? Better pay attention........you know how I love secrets and surprises, right? Bwaah-haa-haa (...evil laughter) Love - Rocko

:banghead: but still lots of love to Rocko for being about the only person that seems give any positive news

I think the "Better Pay Attention" sounds promising! :yes:

From u2.com

Thanks For Your Patience
We at U2.com would like to thank you for your patience around the recent postponement of the Vertigo Tour dates. As we're sure you can appreciate, changes of this nature generate a great deal of work behind the scenes.
We hope to have the situation resolved soon. We apologise for the delay and thank you again for your continued patience.

*gasp*
I guess accepting the fact that leaving fans in the dark for about 3 months could be a problem is the first step :wink:

Last edited:
Rumor now has it that Kings and Pearl Jam will be opening the show.

STING2 said:
Rumor now has it that Kings and Pearl Jam will be opening the show.

The exact quote from the "Smoking Section" of the new Rolling Stone (Johnny Depp on the cover) says (incl. their bold):

"You didn't hear it from us, but book a trip ASAP for the Aloha State in early December for a year-end blowout featuring KOL (Kings of Leon), Pearl Jam and (most likely) a Certain Band from Ireland"

From the wording it sounds a bit more like it could be separate shows in the same week (KOL/PJ one night, U2 the next or something like that) than all the same show, but we'll see!

Pop Artist said:

The exact quote from the "Smoking Section" of the new Rolling Stone (Johnny Depp on the cover) says (incl. their bold):

"You didn't hear it from us, but book a trip ASAP for the Aloha State in early December for a year-end blowout featuring KOL (Kings of Leon), Pearl Jam and (most likely) a Certain Band from Ireland"

From the wording it sounds a bit more like it could be separate shows in the same week (KOL/PJ one night, U2 the next or something like that) than all the same show, but we'll see!

Just as an addition, @u2.com says "From what we're hearing on the street, this one has legs. Stay tuned.... "

In this case, I believe @U2 doesn't really know anything else besides what we already do. ;-) They also twisted the quote which is a bit odd for them.

In another thread here Headache in a Suitcase posted a page from PJs tour program with all their tour stops listed, and its had Hawaii all along - which leads me to think it will be a separate show on the same week. Definitely has the legs. :)

Pop Artist said:

kellyahern said:
@u2.com says "From what we're hearing on the street, this one has legs. Stay tuned.... "

:hyper:

Still here waiting and hoping!

Hey everybody!

:wave:

kellyahern said:

Just as an addition, @u2.com says "From what we're hearing on the street, this one has legs. Stay tuned.... "

Pearl Jam has planned two shows in Hawaii, originally they were supposed to be November, though (and that's what the tour program says, I believe).

But yes, I've heard lately that the PJ dates are going to be December. But I think everyone would be happer if they were separate shows, not a shared bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom