Haven't mentioned it in a while, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
...The Joshua Tree is so unbelievably good, that even if considered one of the greatest albums ever, it is still underrated! I was just listening to it again, and though I should say that.:)

That's all. Nothing important. Bye.:wave:

Its amazing also to think when it came out in the 80's with all of that other shit sounding music, it was sooo different.
The Joshua Tree could definetly be the greatest album of all time!

Yeah, I just got back into the joshua tree phase where thats all I listen to .... I've been listening to mostly HTDAAB lately and got a sudden craving for JT??? I think One step closer, and crumbs would sound great on it!

But yeah, my fave album, solid songs, rediscocvered One Tree Hill, easily in the top 10 of my faves!

The best part is how the songs are so awesome live that they make the studio versions sound weak.

Why is it that JT gushing threads never get many posts? Could it be that this album is so naturally great we all know it so nobody has to discuss it! Still I'm always happy to see it mentioned, because it is true!

Axver said:
The best part is how the songs are so awesome live that they make the studio versions sound weak.

dead on. Only complaint I have about the record is the mixing, or sound, or whatever. It's awful. The volume on my CD is so bad, One Tree Hill runs into Exit on my version, and Exit sound SOO BAD on the album version, mainly because I put my volume on the highest mark to rock out to it and it's still low.

But tracks 1-11 are perfection. No flaws for me on JT.

Exit is such a dark foreboding tune. U2 as heavy as i ever heard them i think. Spanish Eyes and Heartland replacing Trip through your Wires and One Tree Hill would have made a great album un-touchable.

jinn77 said:
Exit is such a dark foreboding tune. U2 as heavy as i ever heard them i think. Spanish Eyes and Heartland replacing Trip through your Wires and One Tree Hill would have made a great album un-touchable.
Remove One tree hill from The Joshua Tree......go and wash your mouth out with soap and water:wink:

Among music critics and peers, Joshua Tree is universally recognized as U2's best work.

It is only the band's hardcore fans who think Achtung is U2's best. Just among U2 fans, Achtung is greatly overrated while Joshua Tree is highly underrated.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom