Has Anyone Received their presale/general sale tickets yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's ridiculous mate. I've never seen such bad customer service, especially considering the service charges and price of some tickets. Disgusting.

Had my Wembley 2 ticket waiting for me when I got home form work :up:.

woooo - there is hope for me yet! I fly out on Saturday night, I think I'll be calling ticketmaster tonight just to see if there is any specific info they can give me on my tickets - I'll leave it til the last minute to do venue pickup. I didn't buy seated tickets to line up though, knew I should've got those GA's!

What kind of operation are they running here? I paid a total of 40pounds to get all the tickets posted by FedEx. They can't even provide me with any progress emails, tracking - nothing!

What kind of operation are they running here? I paid a total of 40pounds to get all the tickets posted by FedEx. They can't even provide me with any progress emails, tracking - nothing!

They are running a monopoly. Ticketmaster are currently seeking approval to merge with LiveNation which would further increase their stranglehold on the concert business. Hearings are being held within the US Government about this and there are concerns - no kidding.

TM do not need to care about customer service and they are unscrupulous enough not to. They run a very complacent shop treating their customers as very secondary in their aim to maximise profit. I have found over recent days through Googling different aspects of ticket dispatch that our experiences are by no means unusual - TM have treated customers attending sports events, music, theatre etc. in the same way many many times.

The only way this is likely to change is either through regulation - breaking up their monopoly or by class action lawsuit seeing as the only language they understand is money. I would have thought their would be enough ammunition for a decent law firm to take this forward - TM blatantly misinform customers in several ways not the least of which is charging extra for Fedex with the impression you will get the tickets faster, only to say at the last minute that tickets need to be picked up from box office.

Ok....so i emailed 'Get Me In' ( ticketmaster reseller ) to ask if now was a good time to have my ticket re-directed to my hotel in london. The response started with a message saying something like " you have emailed a query to which we have responded, please do not reply to this email, if you are not satisfied with our response to your enquiry you may re-open this enquiry in 7 days" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Their response to my enquiry was 'We would suggest you send us the address of the hotel you are staying at"!!!!!! How can i if i they wont let me reply for another 7 days????

What the feck do i do now? Ive tried ringing but only get a machine that plays different messages depending on which numbers you press. Once the machine is satisfied it has answered my enquiry it hangs up!

Basically if my ticket doesnt show up here in oz by next tuesday then im fooked. If i have my ticket confirmation number but no ticket will i still be able to get in?
:doh:

this is taking the piss. Little over a week to go and we're still waiting. They best turn up tomoz cos ive got to go out on friday!!

IMHO.....theres a lot to be said for walking into a ticket office (like the local tourist office, as used to be the case for me) and buying your ticket, from a book of tickets, over the counter. Was also a lot fairer system! Thats how it used to be up until the Elevation tour.

IMHO.....theres a lot to be said for walking into a ticket office (like the local tourist office, as used to be the case for me) and buying your ticket, from a book of tickets, over the counter. Was also a lot fairer system! Thats how it used to be up until the Elevation tour.

Yep. Incredible how technology has managed to mess the whole thing up. My first U2 tickets back in '92 were received plenty in advance from the Propaganda U2 fanclub based on a first choice, second choice system and worked perfectly. Now they've sold the fanclub rights to a big corporation and the tickets are only issued through ticketmaster and the whole thing (at least for the UK) has gone to the dogs. This sucks. I will need to swill a few pints in London to wash away the taste in my mouth left behind by this experience before enjoying the concert.... if the tickets ever show.

I will need to swill a few pints in London to wash away the taste in my mouth left behind by this experience before enjoying the concert.... if the tickets ever show.

I'll join you! We might have to stay in the pub if the tickets dont show!

Just this minute got off the phone with Ticketmaster UK again (after speaking to my local Fedex and confirming they have no record of a delivery for me in their system). Got a bit more information this time. My tickets have not been handed over to Fedex yet. There is no tracking number available. They have not gone today, maybe they will go tomorrow. This is to prevent ticket touting and keep the price low for true fans. Makes perfect sense to send them out later for folks overseas than to those at home. This gets worse:sad: Official line is now don't get in contact/panic unless you still don't have them 3 days before the event. WTF

At least we'll enjoy some drinks with reptile if all else fails.

Just this minute got off the phone with Ticketmaster UK again (after speaking to my local Fedex and confirming they have no record of a delivery for me in their system). Got a bit more information this time. My tickets have not been handed over to Fedex yet. There is no tracking number available. They have not gone today, maybe they will go tomorrow. This is to prevent ticket touting and keep the price low for true fans. Makes perfect sense to send them out later for folks overseas than to those at home. This gets worse:sad: Official line is now don't get in contact/panic unless you still don't have them 3 days before the event. WTF

At least we'll enjoy some drinks with reptile if all else fails.

That's ridiculous! :angry:

I absolutely hate this whole deal of not sending tickets out till a month or less before the gig, it causes so much unnecessary stress.

Reptile.....if your tix DONT turn up on time. I would buy from whatever source you can...get a reciept, and then when you get back home...invoice Ticketmaster or whoever for the all money you had outlayed, (ie; recoup the money you paid them AND the costs of any replacements)

joining the waiting.... :sad:
Still don't get my GAs for London 1!!!
We are traveling to London around Tuesday next week!!! :sad::sad:

Good morning, Can you tell me if anyone outside the UK has received tickets for Wembley 2 yet?? Mine have not arrived in the US.

If my tickets don't arrive for the 2nd show before i leave, i'll dispute my charges with my credit card.(who ALWAYS backs up their customer) It's not like I'll EVER be using TicketmasterUK anyway after this mess. :down:

According to the ticketmaster website, both my tickets for the 14th and 15th at Wembley have been disptached, So im expecting them tomorrow really, at the latest.

Cutting it far too fine IMO

Next Time Im going back to See tickets.

bit miffed - Wembley 2 seat ticket has arrived today via normal post but still no sign of Wembley 1 GA - with rip off special delivery paid on it!!!

worried now....:crazy:

yeah, that sucks!!
I'm leaving Norway in 6 days!!
Still no tickets for London 1!!

What is the number I can call ticketmaster?
I tried one number on their page, but nothing happens....

I hate this.. im getting all hysterical!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

yeah, that sucks!!
I'm leaving Norway in 6 days!!
Still no tickets for London 1!!

What is the number I can call ticketmaster?
I tried one number on their page, but nothing happens....

I hate this.. im getting all hysterical!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

I got through to them on +44 844 999999 - then I had to press 5 at the first message and 4 at the second and then wait in a queue. My last conversation with them took about 15 minutes. Not ideal when calling internationally but they don't give a shit about that as they just do not proactively contact us with useful news.

I got through to them on +44 844 999999 - then I had to press 5 at the first message and 4 at the second and then wait in a queue. My last conversation with them took about 15 minutes. Not ideal when calling internationally but they don't give a shit about that as they just do not proactively contact us with useful news.

Thank you... just tried that number.. but not working for me :sad:

I got through with this number +44 161 3852111.
Spoke to a very nice guy.. he gave me a tracking number and told me they should be here by monday 6 pm. :up:

I can see my tickets are in Oslo right now... so at least they are in Norway :lol:

I also just spoke to TM, they gave me a royal mail tracking number

I would expect it to be here by Friday though TBH.

Back
Top Bottom