Glastonbury TV Coverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Glastonbury Ripple Begins.... (updated 18 June) - Announcements and News - Free Forum - U2 Community - Message Board The official site has launched a countdown, and look at this:

BBC Coverage on TV / Radio / Web (UK only - worldwide coverage details to follow)...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/prog...07r6vx/episodes/upcoming

U2.com/U2 facebook is going all out counting down to Glasto with videos and such. I'm feeling that they may have gotten permission to stream the live set on the official site for everyone. Why write a tease like "worldwide coverage details to follow" if you don't plan on streaming it? If they mean the VH1/Palladia cut-down version that would be anti-climatic.

I agree - I think I won't be around for U2's set next Friday, but if I do, I hope there's a stream somewhere. Seems unknown of at the moment.

OH I completely forgot about satellite radio. We get BBC Radio 1 here in the US on Sirius/XM...unless they block it for the weekend and air something else outside the UK? I can use that as a last ditch in case the streams don't work.

From 360? Maybe the wheel mic, that's it.

Otherwise? Michael Eavis overstates everything.

U2 will bring heaps of lights, and those might require extra rigging beyond/beside the stage (think Streets flooding), and they might extend the front of the stage to the crowd or even into it (maybe a bstage is all he's referring to), but that's all I can imagine them doing that's noticeably out of the ordinary. All headliners dress up the actual Pyramid Stage with their own lights, screens, backdrops etc.

From 360? Maybe the wheel mic, that's it.

Otherwise? Michael Eavis overstates everything.

U2 will bring heaps of lights, and those might require extra rigging beyond/beside the stage (think Streets flooding), and they might extend the front of the stage to the crowd or even into it (maybe a bstage is all he's referring to), but that's all I can imagine them doing that's noticeably out of the ordinary. All headliners dress up the actual Pyramid Stage with their own lights, screens, backdrops etc.
that's pretty much my thinking as well.

U2 bringing their own stage to Glastonbury? | News | NME.COM IF true....i can see this giving all the u2 haters out there even more ammo, for u2 being prima donnas and totally not keeping with the Glasto Tradition....and....id be tempted to agree with them. for me....u2 are at their best when its all about the music....Maybe theres a bit of "dick compensation" going on here?

So that would make everyone who makes any addition to the pyramid stage "prima donnas", as everyone headliner i have seen have always added something to the stage.

So that would make everyone who makes any addition to the pyramid stage "prima donnas", as everyone headliner i have seen have always added something to the stage.

Eavis sed " They are bringing their own stage with them. We're having to put a lot of stuff in for them but we’re so happy to have them."

Eavis sed " They are bringing their own stage with them. We're having to put a lot of stuff in for them but we’re so happy to have them."

They WONT be bringing the claw, there is no way in hell it would work there, so i would imagine he is on about bringing there own visuals and lights, not an ACTUAL stage.

AC-DC took their WHOLE show to a festival last year apparently, Stage was set up adjacent to the main stage. So it has been done. But no.....im not expecting The Claw in any shape or form....but i was looking forawrd to a u2 show without all the trimmings

But i really cannot see U2 putting another stage next to the pyramid stage just for the sake of it, so they will be on the pyrimad stage, so all thats going to be extra will be some different lights and maybe a catwalk imo, that is pretty stripped down from what we have had the past 2 tours.

the article itself says to take Eavis' comment with a pinch of salt... :shrug:

There's NO WAY U2 will be playing on a stage separate to the Pyramid Stage. Or significantly altering the Pyramid Stage.

Eavis - god bless him - talks a lot of shit. Translation: They're bringing a lot of stuff. He said 'stage', but might have been referring to stageing or a b-stage. U2 are not going to build another stage. That's lunacy.

Just saw this tweet: RT @U2log: Irish viewers van catch U2 at Glastonbury with live uninterrupted coverage on Setanta Ireland 22.00 - 24.00 on Friday night

I'm not in Ireland myself, but for those who are, this might be a nice option.

OH I completely forgot about satellite radio. We get BBC Radio 1 here in the US on Sirius/XM...unless they block it for the weekend and air something else outside the UK? I can use that as a last ditch in case the streams don't work.

BBC Radio 1 is actually time shifted by 5 hours on satellite radio in the US. May be a good option for me because I will be working while U2 is on stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring some small staging that resembles stuff from ZooTV/Popmart. A Trabant Car might fit somewhere.

....and this screen+sides from Vertigo

299243969_129684adaf_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom