Generation Kill >>>>>>>>>>>>>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Who else is watching???

generationkill.jpg

Not brilliant.

Not crap.

I'm watching it. I think it's a great show,and that is coming from someone who is not really into military shows or movies. At first I didn't realize that it was based on actual soldiers/events (besides the beginning of the Iraq war), then I saw the excerpts about each soldier on HBO. I think it's a well cast and well produced show.

I am.

Yeah, it does not suck, it is not brilliant. I'm enjoying it on a small scale. Read the book, not sure if that's taking away from my enjoyment or not.

I quite like it. Not everything can be The Wire and most people watching this are tuning in because they're fans of Simon's prior work. The thing is, those same people that like The Wire aren't into war movies so they'll be turned off a bit by the subject matter even if they absolutely love the writing (you have to admit, the dialogue is phenomenal). On the other end of the spectrum, everyone expecting some Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan kind of thing will absolutely detest this slow moving, few firefights series.

In essence, they've made a wonderfully solid miniseries that will disappoint absolutely everyone on various levels.

plus
I think we are half done.

I believe there are only 7 episodes.

and I don't believe there is a season 2.

Saving Private Ryan, as a whole, disappoints, for me.

I am glad it is not that.

I'll have to wait for the DVD but David Simon is an excellent, gritty writer, I'm sure it'll be interesting to see him trying his hand at something he hasn't encountered first hand.

Back
Top Bottom