General GOYB song/video thread discussion Part 2 (Video now on iTunes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boots Album Version Too Sanitised?

Ive been listening to the live versions of Boots and i wonder if the album version isnt rocky and "hard" enough.This song is made for a really heavy sounding dirty riff and i dont think the studio version does that enough.

I think Bono/Edge/Larry have a problem getting the melody out at times because of the tempo and sound flat live right now. Hopefully they can fix it because the melody is great on the album.

Amazon has the GOYB backdrop video from the grammy's up on their site.

Amazon.com : Entertainment : U2 Get on Your Boots

Didn't know where to look to see if this had already been posted.

Hey that's really cool. But what exactly is it? It says something about a link to a content, but I still don't know what exactly it's there for. Is it an ad? Why are they showing the background vid? :scratch:
Anyways, thanks!

Ah edit ok I misread it says content, but I still don't know what it is. :wink:

"Let Me In The Sound"

Ive read that this bit in Boots sounds like a Led Zepplin song or something?.Can anyone tell me the song it sounds like?.

"When the Levee Breaks" - one of the most sampled drum performances ever. Not to mention it's inspired numerous other rhythm sections.

do we know what happened to this version of GOYB?

3201324113_5e30f9f1ce_b.jpg

3202065930_84ceb98952_o.jpg

3202066566_a430d6ac77_b.jpg

:drool:

I just wanted to say I am hearing this song everywhere. If it is on the radio, at sporting arenas and stadiums, or been used by TV stations for sporting events.

It opened up the Spurs-Suns game on ABC today and they have been using it when going to every commercial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom