Gavin Friday, Has anyone met him.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutch Partygirl said:

He's in Lillies on most Thursdays. Saw him quite a few times there. Guggi is there most of the time as well.

I've read somewhere that it's hard to get in Lillies, is that true? I can't remember where I read that, but I'm sure it was said it's kind of exclusive.

Blue

i think Gavin is amazing

i have never met him and im not familiar with much of his work so im not really in a position to judge

but from what i know about him....what ive read etc.....he seems like a really nice guy

and the idea that a couple in this thread have had about him being a "loud mouth lout"......WTF!? how do you get that from the chicago dvd????

i thought that was bloody hilarious....its very comforting to know that Uncle Gavin loves you :giggle::giggle::giggle:

and so what if he hangs around the band all the time.....they are entitled to have friends....they have been friends for years and i find that really endearing....i hope to still be friends with my school mates when i get to their age...no matter where i am in the world:wink:

Only for the VIP aura (or members only) you have to be famous or you got to have the right connections!

For the normal aura you can get easily inside!

And about Gavin: I love him, he is funny!

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Digsy, UKTan, Bammo and Wendy (I´m not sure if she posts here) are gonna be hanging out in Lillies in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed we get to meet Gav there! :wink:

Flavia, please let us know if you get to meet him and if you do before U2 comes to Argentina ... can you please check if he will be coming?

thanks,

Blue.

I went to Lillies on Saturday but didn´t see anybody interesting.

I left early because I didn´t really like that place. It´s such a pretentious place! The music wasn´t bad tho!

I´d much rather go to the pub and have fun with my friends there. :D

If I run into him, I´ll make sure I ask him if he´s going to South America. :D

Jo and I were planning to go to Lillies on Saturday night but ended up in a great pub opposite Hard Rock Cafe in Temple Bar!!!!!!!!

Lisa

I know some folks from Toronto who were at NY shows this fall who met Gavin and had drinks with him, basically hung out with him at the Spotted Pig and all said he was a very cool guy, very approachable, friendly, funny as hell but a real flirt with the ladies.

Carek1230 said:
I know some folks from Toronto who were at NY shows this fall who met Gavin and had drinks with him, basically hung out with him at the Spotted Pig and all said he was a very cool guy, very approachable, friendly, funny as hell but a real flirt with the ladies.

hmmm...sounds familiar :giggle:

My mum went to a virgin prunes gig back in the early 80's..
She may have moshed alongside some of the lypton village crewe!

I met Gavin 8-9 years ago here in NY at the after party for a (non-U2) concert he was part of. The pal I was with and myself chatted with him for quite awhile. He is quite the charmer...I was wearing a long purple velvet shirt and he rubbed my arm gently saying in that Irish accent "I like your shirt..." :sexywink:

Pop Artist said:
I met Gavin 8-9 years ago here in NY at the after party for a (non-U2) concert he was part of. The pal I was with and myself chatted with him for quite awhile. He is quite the charmer...I was wearing a long purple velvet shirt and he rubbed my arm gently saying in that Irish accent "I like your shirt..." :sexywink:

Charmer! :lol:

Gotta love that fella. :D

Carek1230 said:

Hehehe. That'd be me (living in NY) and Sam. It was actually the night after the Philly show after the MSG shows. Gavin *and* Guggi... brilliant night :)

Carek1230... who are you? LOL

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

A few years back i was at a zootv concert, i had amazing seats and gavin was sat a few rows behind us. the girl i was with didnt know whether to look at bono infront or gavin behind!

I was in Dublin this weeked - of course made the train ride to see Bono's house .... waiting for the train to return to Dublin - sat with Gavin, talked about the weather, his bald head, and meeting him in New York .... I know he must have been leaving from Bono's but didn't want to ask if Bono was home ... of course Bono shows up in Dublin today, the day I left - oh well maybe next time!

he is very sweet .... didn't mind talking with me, very kind, charming ... looks pretty good bald, he removed his hat so I could check it out ... I think is was cool he was just riding the train like anyone else .. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom