GA tickets and arriving late...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xmarcx

The Fly
So I have GA's for 10/10 and now it seems I have a work engagement that won't allow me to get to the venue till close to show time. what's the best strategy her ein terms of where I want to be to enjoy the show themost without an outside rail spot or anything.

In May I camped all day and got center outside rail-but it doesn't look possible now....

Bump...

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm in the same predicament and would like to know the answer too. I have GA tickets to the 10/16 show in Philly, but I have to take a family member to the airport for a late afternoon flight.

Unless someone knows the ropes of how to get around it, my only current plan for a good position is hoping that we get randomly beeped into the ellipse.

Option A: Quit your job and/or find someone to fill in for you, you have under a month to arrange this.

OR

Option B: Give or sell me your tickets at face value. I will Enjoy the show enough for the both of us, and you can get your work done. I'll even send you doubles of my photos (I'll have great pictures b/c I was in line at 7:00am, rather than working) and a white one bracelett.

Let me know! :wink:

I noticed in Chicago at least, that the floor was pretty empty(except for the few rows along the outside of the ellipse) until the lights went down and U2 took the stage. People were still off getting beer, going to the bathroom, etc. It wasn't until after they started Vertigo that the floor really filled up. I think you could still get a decent spot if you can get there before that. There's also a chance you might get lucky like others have and get one of the ellipse wristbands that they hand out on the floor after U2 hits the stage...though it sounds like that usually occurs somewhere back by the soundboard area.

the back of the floor near the mixing board is a very underrated place to be. id almost rather be there than 3-5 rows of people back from the ellipse. there can be a ton of pushing close to the tip, and that can make it very uncomfortable, plus its harder to see.

from the back of the floor you get a better view, you can move around free without being pushed from every direction. you can come and go if you want to get drinks or go to the bathroom without fear of losing your spot. its really not a bad place to be.

I also camped out in May for 9 hours before the show and unless you are ready to stand in a spot with no room to breathe unless you get in the Ellipse I would suggest being somewhere near the middle of the floor where you will see everything and not be cramped. You can slo rely on the people you are going to the show with to try and get a good spot online.

I actually left the wall of the stage to go to the soundboard at one of the Chicago shows. The sound quality is about 1000% better then it is up close and you can actually SEE the show instead of waiting to see Bono's platform shoes wander past.

Chizip said:
the back of the floor near the mixing board is a very underrated place to be. id almost rather be there than 3-5 rows of people back from the ellipse. there can be a ton of pushing close to the tip, and that can make it very uncomfortable, plus its harder to see.

from the back of the floor you get a better view, you can move around free without being pushed from every direction. you can come and go if you want to get drinks or go to the bathroom without fear of losing your spot. its really not a bad place to be.

That's what I did for Elevation shows, and what I will do for Vertigo.

The best sound, a good view, bathroom and beer with ease. You can dance w/o bumping into people.

Chizip said:

agreed... if you're not in the ellipse or right against the rail, by the soundboard ain't that bad an idea. plus if any celebs are at the show they usually hang out back here, too... which is nice. saw richie sambora in back by the soundboard in, shockingly enough, new jersey... he didn't have heather locklear with him though :sad:

MrBrau1 said:

That's what I did for Elevation shows, and what I will do for Vertigo.

The best sound, a good view, bathroom and beer with ease. You can dance w/o bumping into people.

I'm getting the idea that you like beer, MrBrau1. It seems to be a recurring theme in many of your posts. Brau=Beer I suppose. (By the way, I'm with you on this...enjoying a nice glass of Dinkel Acker right now.)

Back
Top Bottom