Foulness, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, U-Wen, I was thinking that the Victorian Interferencers all need to get together and watch Red Rocks on a nice, big screen. I was trying to think of where, since I don't exactly have the world's largest TV nor do I know anybody with a mad home cinema, let alone somebody with a mad home cinema who's happy to have a pack of U2 fans charge in, and I was wondering if we could possibly hire a lecture theatre at uni for it. Do you reckon that would be possible?

I'm sure the idea will probably get thwarted in some way like using the Music Faculty's practice rooms was.

This cracks me up.

STILL no inthistowntastic sig, though?

Uh, that'll come one day. Sig size restrictions are the main thing. I wish I were a member of staff so I could exploit that without realising.

I think the rest of my interface is pretty Inthistowntastic as it as for now, though.

Hey, U-Wen, I was thinking that the Victorian Interferencers all need to get together and watch Red Rocks on a nice, big screen. I was trying to think of where, since I don't exactly have the world's largest TV nor do I know anybody with a mad home cinema, let alone somebody with a mad home cinema who's happy to have a pack of U2 fans charge in, and I was wondering if we could possibly hire a lecture theatre at uni for it. Do you reckon that would be possible?

I'm sure the idea will probably get thwarted in some way like using the Music Faculty's practice rooms was.

That's a pretty good idea. I don't see why not, although if all else fails, maybe the IMU bar in Union House might let us hire their venue, or something.

Alison's current song obsession: Okkervil River's "Another Radio Song"

I don't know if it's supposed to have anything to do with REM's "Radio Song"....

Uh, that'll come one day. Sig size restrictions are the main thing. I wish I were a member of staff so I could exploit that without realising.

I think the rest of my interface is pretty Inthistowntastic as it as for now, though.

The word needs inthistowntastic Bono in >500x120 more than it needs some hobos, that's for sure.

That's a pretty good idea. I don't see why not, although if all else fails, maybe the IMU bar in Union House might let us hire their venue, or something.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might aim to do it near my birthday. I've no other birthday plans, and I'll probably just be celebrating it with you folk anyway, if I celebrate it at all. I'm going up to Queensland for Christmas so I won't go up again mid-January. So I might see if something can be done ... some of those lecture theatres have bloody good sized screens and sound.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might aim to do it near my birthday. I've no other birthday plans, and I'll probably just be celebrating it with you folk anyway, if I celebrate it at all. I'm going up to Queensland for Christmas so I won't go up again mid-January. So I might see if something can be done ... some of those lecture theatres have bloody good sized screens and sound.

I wonder if we could hire the IMAX theatre. :lol:

:drool:

Alison's current song obsession: Okkervil River's "Another Radio Song"

I don't know if it's supposed to have anything to do with REM's "Radio Song"....

I thought I was meant to avoid them because they infect the listener with indie. Not so?

... same diff?

Touche. These were slightly better dressed, considerably less funny hobos, though.

I wonder if we could hire the IMAX theatre. :lol:

:drool:

THAT WOULD BE EPIC SUPERWIN.

I thought I was meant to avoid them because they infect the listener with indie. Not so?
I have no idea... but I think I have a weakness for songs with litany-style lyrics. Or random spoutings that go on and on, in this case, at least. It was in Impy's DI list, and I have belatedly got obsessed with it.

Touche. These were slightly better dressed, considerably less funny hobos, though.
Which hobos are these? See, this is what I get for arriving halfway through a conversation and just butting in.

THAT WOULD BE EPIC SUPERWIN.
Agreed.

Heh, I'm finding all kinds of Superthread history tonight. Like the thread where Ali broke 200 and beat me to the #1 poster spot. And the Bangkok thread, where I set the record for most individual posts in a single thread, 370. :crack:

I honestly don't know what the Inthistowntastic sig would be, anyway. I guess it'd just be a drawing of the guys being Inthistowntastic, but with a twist - it wouldn't be drawn in MS Paint, but actually drawn. I just blew your minds, you weren't expecting that from me.

I have no idea... but I think I have a weakness for songs with litany-style lyrics. Or random spoutings that go on and on, in this case, at least. It was in Impy's DI list, and I have belatedly got obsessed with it.

Which hobos are these? See, this is what I get for arriving halfway through a conversation and just butting in.

impy's DI list? Surely these are words to ward off an Axver! :wink:

I have no idea. They were just some people in someone's sig that flouted the 500x120 limitation, and they looked like hobos to me.

I honestly don't know what the Inthistowntastic sig would be, anyway. I guess it'd just be a drawing of the guys being Inthistowntastic, but with a twist - it wouldn't be drawn in MS Paint, but actually drawn. I just blew your minds, you weren't expecting that from me.

Ooh, you'll go to that much effort?

... or is drawing by hand actually easier than fighting with MS Paint?

Bwahaha, I don't recall that. Actually, did I miss the Bangkok thread, or only post a little in it?

You were there! 63 posts. You were the one who helped to finish it in the wee hours of the morning. I remember observing that if we kept going at the rate we had been maintaining, I would likely break the record, and you egged me on. IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT! I AM NOT REALLY A POSTWHORE! : passes buck :

Heh, I'm finding all kinds of Superthread history tonight. Like the thread where Ali broke 200 and beat me to the #1 poster spot. And the Bangkok thread, where I set the record for most individual posts in a single thread, 370. :crack:

Wow. Aah, the memories! :cute:

So are we going to try to kick on and reach Dinosaur Cove or wherever while it's still sort of Ali's birthday?

zomg! :ohmy:

*fumbles about on floor for bits of mind*

impy's DI list? Surely these are words to ward off an Axver! :wink:

I have no idea. They were just some people in someone's sig that flouted the 500x120 limitation, and they looked like hobos to me.

I have no idea as to how you and Impy's musical tastes mesh or clash...?

Huh. Coldplay?

You were there! 63 posts. You were the one who helped to finish it in the wee hours of the morning. I remember observing that if we kept going at the rate we had been maintaining, I would likely break the record, and you egged me on. IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT! I AM NOT REALLY A POSTWHORE! : passes buck :

Dude, all we have to do is LOOK AT YOUR POST COUNT.

:tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom