Foulness, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea as to how you and Impy's musical tastes mesh or clash...?

Huh. Coldplay?

Oh, he's Mr Indie. Now ask yourself: if you put Axver and Mr Indie in a room and told them to compile a mutually agreeable DI playlist, do you think that after a week, there would be any more than ten minutes of music on it?

Not Coldplay. None of them looked like unqualified barbers.

Dude, all we have to do is LOOK AT YOUR POST COUNT.

:tsk:

That's ... an anomaly.

Ooh, you'll go to that much effort?

... or is drawing by hand actually easier than fighting with MS Paint?

You were there! 63 posts. You were the one who helped to finish it in the wee hours of the morning. I remember observing that if we kept going at the rate we had been maintaining, I would likely break the record, and you egged me on. IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT! I AM NOT REALLY A POSTWHORE! : passes buck :

Oh, you. It's not the drawing that bothers me, it's the fact that I'll probably have to colour it in Photoshop that does! Unless I go watercolour, but I'm a little out of practice in that regard. I'm getting some new coloured inks for Christmas, though. :hyper:

Oohh, it was that thread! Yeah, that was a good one. You are such a postwhore.

Worth a shot, although Interference is being very sluggish for me.

Threaten it with wushu.

My computer was once being sluggish and I death growled at it. It stopped being sluggish!

Now all of you can enjoy the mental image of me death growling at a computer. RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I can stay awake that long... although an hour ago I was thinking I wouldn't be up another hour, ha.

It's your birthday. Live large!

Oh, he's Mr Indie. Now ask yourself: if you put Axver and Mr Indie in a room and told them to compile a mutually agreeable DI playlist, do you think that after a week, there would be any more than ten minutes of music on it?
I don't honestly know what to call "indy", or what it's supposed to be. It seems a catch-all kinda genre.

That's ... an anomaly.
You're certainly an anomaly in the forum's top posters list...!

Speaking of Coldplay, I actually went and rearranged the tracklist to Viva La Vida so it flows nicely. :up:

Yeah, I was really, really, really bored that day. Also, the tracklist was annoying me no end with its mood swings, although I guess it IS Chris Martin.

Threaten it with wushu.

My computer was once being sluggish and I death growled at it. It stopped being sluggish!

Now all of you can enjoy the mental image of me death growling at a computer. RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao:

It's your birthday. Live large!

:rockon: Anyone else would be passed out or throwing up if their 30th b'day fell on a Friday. Me, I'm into the baileys and posting on the internet.

I say again, :rockon:

Speaking of Coldplay, I actually went and rearranged the tracklist to Viva La Vida so it flows nicely. :up:

Yeah, I was really, really, really bored that day. Also, the tracklist was annoying me no end with its mood swings, although I guess it IS Chris Martin.

Nice job! :up: Another day when you're bored you could destroy all evidence of you ever listening to Coldplay willingly.

I don't honestly know what to call "indy", or what it's supposed to be. It seems a catch-all kinda genre.

Indy:

425.ford.indy.jones.051408.jpg

:rockon: Anyone else would be passed out or throwing up if their 30th b'day fell on a Friday. Me, I'm into the baileys and posting on the internet.

I say again, :rockon:

Not to worry - most uni students, on the evening they finish for the year, get blind drunk at a pub.

I did get reasonably drunk, in fact I drank the most I have ever had in a single night (13 glasses of wine), but I did it on the Intarwebz! Nerdism for the (really really sad?) SuperWin.

Oh, you. It's not the drawing that bothers me, it's the fact that I'll probably have to colour it in Photoshop that does! Unless I go watercolour, but I'm a little out of practice in that regard. I'm getting some new coloured inks for Christmas, though. :hyper:

Oohh, it was that thread! Yeah, that was a good one. You are such a postwhore.

I truly don't know how you draw anything of quality with MS Paint.

Yes, that was a crazy thread. I still blame you.

Everyone have a drink for Ali! Even if it's just orange juice or an iced coffee.

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea. I'll drink some orange juice for Ali. I hope she feels honoured.

I'm also getting some oils. I've only painted with them like once or twice before so I can't wait to test them out. :drool:

Oooh. I played with oils when I was doing art classes when I was at school... well, it was on weekends, but I was school-age at the time. You know what I mean.

I think I preferred watercolours... but maybe I was just scared of the oils being so BOLD and DEFINITE. :shrug:

So it's the same as prog and shoegaze? :wink:

I have a feeling that, if I post the lyrics to this song, Ax will implode.

:hmm:

No, no, prog translates to extended wankery, and shoegaze translates to shitty music made by floppy-haired Englishmen playing swirly guitars as they stare at their shoes and make the sounds of dying elephants.

And I'm suddenly curious about these lyrics.

I truly don't know how you draw anything of quality with MS Paint.

Yes, that was a crazy thread. I still blame you.

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea. I'll drink some orange juice for Ali. I hope she feels honoured.

I'm not sure how I did with the mouse I used to have! But on Sunday I came back home and there was a brand new wireless mouse and keyboard that my brother picked up on the weekend. Hooray! Maybe I won't be so frustrated by it anymore.

Okay!

I hope she does too. I'm even going to get a beer. 'Tis Friday, after all. But after that, I go. Gotta be somewhere in the morning.

Still haven't heard it... no desire too either, if the fragments I've heard are any indication.

Not to worry - most uni students, on the evening they finish for the year, get blind drunk at a pub.

I did get reasonably drunk, in fact I drank the most I have ever had in a single night (13 glasses of wine), but I did it on the Intarwebz! Nerdism for the (really really sad?) SuperWin.

No grungy cheese effects?

I'm not sure how I did with the mouse I used to have! But on Sunday I came back home and there was a brand new wireless mouse and keyboard that my brother picked up on the weekend. Hooray! Maybe I won't be so frustrated by it anymore.

Okay!

I hope she does too. I'm even going to get a beer. 'Tis Friday, after all. But after that, I go. Gotta be somewhere in the morning.

Ooh, that's awesome. And reminds me that I need to track down a good new keyboard. All the ones at Dick Smith when I last checked sucked. Perhaps because it was Dick Smith.

I'd join you in consuming alcohol, but last night was more than enough wine. I even had the traces of a hangover this morning.

No, no, prog translates to extended wankery, and shoegaze translates to shitty music made by floppy-haired Englishmen playing swirly guitars as they stare at their shoes and make the sounds of dying elephants.

And I'm suddenly curious about these lyrics.

I know you like shoegaze, I've seen you say it.

Do dying elephants sound better than presumably healthy whales?

and here you go:

Sit back, no song is written
It’s nothing you thought of Yourself
It’s just a ghost, came unbidden
To this house

This infection gets stronger every year
This seed in the water of your tear
There is no escaping it

This seed in the water of your tear
The way an unborn baby’s ear
Unfolds in your belly

This infection gets stronger every year