For Cat Lovers Only XIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good advice guys, thanks. Perhaps when she's home alone I can leave one of the dinnertable chairs next to the counter so she can use that to jump.

By the way I forgot to ask before, but have any of you experienced that when your cat got older their attitude changed? Miep is such an incredible suck up attentionwhore these days, it's totally not like the cool, distant kitty she was years ago. :cute: Can't say I mind it, she pretty much sleeps next to me every night and wants to sit on my lap way more often. And not to mention she suddenly started meowing when we feed her wet food while we didn't even know she actually could meow!

:hug:s for MsPurrl and Comet

By the way I forgot to ask before, but have any of you experienced that when your cat got older their attitude changed? Miep is such an incredible suck up attentionwhore these days, it's totally not like the cool, distant kitty she was years ago. :cute: Can't say I mind it, she pretty much sleeps next to me every night and wants to sit on my lap way more often. And not to mention she suddenly started meowing when we feed her wet food while we didn't even know she actually could meow!

:yes: Tasha would only sleep by my legs when I was growing up. When she was around 13 years old, I went away to college. The nights I was back at home all she wanted to do was lay next to my torso with my arms around her. She would wait for me to get home from hanging out with my friends, follow me into the bathroom while I showered, and then hurry into my room for us to go to sleep :cute:. I loved it because I always wanted a kitty who would snuggle with me. I miss her :(. On the other hand, Sophie always wants to lay anywhere by me, as long as it's under the covers :giggle:

Fergus pooped in the litter box! :applaud: We completely changed out both boxes Monday night and put in the litter that we usually use. Yesterday, we couldn't tell if it was him or Callie who provided the nuggets. But this morning, we were sure it was him. Yay!!!! :up:

:hug:s for MsPurrl and Comet

:yes: Tasha would only sleep by my legs when I was growing up. When she was around 13 years old, I went away to college. The nights I was back at home all she wanted to do was lay next to my torso with my arms around her. She would wait for me to get home from hanging out with my friends, follow me into the bathroom while I showered, and then hurry into my room for us to go to sleep :cute:. I loved it because I always wanted a kitty who would snuggle with me. I miss her :(. On the other hand, Sophie always wants to lay anywhere by me, as long as it's under the covers :giggle:

:cute: Aaawh that's so cute. Reminds me of our kitten who loved to snuggle with me under the blanket, and then randomly walk around in the middle of the night exploring UNDER the blanket! Crazy little bugger.

So Sophie's a snuggly kitty?

Glad to hear that Mspurrl, strange how cats react so strongly to a different kind of litter eh? They're more picky than I'd give them.

I have a cat health question :reject:

I just noticed today that Worf has an area on her chest, near her arm, where there is fur missing and the skin appears red, flaky and dry. The area is about the size of a nickel. It doesn't appear to bother her when I touch it.

Is there anything I can buy, like an ointment or cream, without going to the vet?

Would it be okay to put a little neosporin on it?

It might be some kind of allergy. Is she messing with it, licking it etc? Neosporin shouldnt hurt them unless they lick it all off.

Oscar kitty isn't feeling well. He's lethargic and hasn't eaten today (and Oscar's a hyperthyroid kitty, so he always eats). I'm calling the vet in the morning.

Positive thoughts for Oskie are appreciated.

:hug::hug::hug:s for Oscar, indra

:cute: Aaawh that's so cute. Reminds me of our kitten who loved to snuggle with me under the blanket, and then randomly walk around in the middle of the night exploring UNDER the blanket! Crazy little bugger.

So Sophie's a snuggly kitty?

:cute:!

:yes: Sophie is a snuggle whore. She goes from bed to bed to bed to lay with whoever is still sleeping. The other morning, I woke up laying on my side with her pressed against my back. She was super warm, so it was like I had a heating pad :giggle:. She'll curl up by your legs, stomach, arms, head...anywhere there's heat.

Are any of your guys' cats blatantly rude? I swear, Sophie is the rudest cat ever. I don't remember if I've said that before :lol:. She will completely walk all over you if she wants to go to the other side of the bed. She wakes my parents up in the middle of the night by walking on their heads trying to get under the covers! Rudest cat :laugh:

Aw that's so cute.

:lol: On their heads? Subtle! Perhaps she's just not aware it's not a good spot to walk? I remember Miep doing that as a kitten but now she walks over my legs. She sometimes used to friggin' SLEEP on my face too. I just got nightmares thinking I was choking or falling in a lava pit, wake up and she'd be on my face or just getting off looking at me dead pan like "Yes, what is it? Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?".

I was putting together some furniture last night and I caught Mofo trying to munch on the styrafoam that came with it. I went and cleaned up all the little pieces, but should I be worried about him finding any extra bits and swallowing it?? :huh:

Indra how is Oscar doing?

Kaf, I would definitely make sure he doesnt eat anymore. Styrofoam is not good for cats and if they eat enough of it it can block the intestines. I dont know what it is about that stuff but my cats always want to eat it too. :shame:

Indra how is Oscar doing?

Kaf, I would definitely make sure he doesnt eat anymore. Styrofoam is not good for cats and if they eat enough of it it can block the intestines. I dont know what it is about that stuff but my cats always want to eat it too. :shame:

I was afraid it might. I kept hearing *crunchcrunchcrunchcrunch* and had to take it away from him. He kept going after other pieces as I was cleaning up, so I put him in his carrier. The little houdini kept finding a way out :angry: lol. Will check under the couches today for any stray bits.

my thoughts are with Oskie.. :hug:

here's Nochi sunning herself... :cute:

Nochigettinsun.jpg

Hi guy's,
Haven't been around alot since I'm trying to handle things on my own.
My situation has become so critical I have to put it out there to friends that can understand and help, I think.
I've had an on going problem with my 2 male cats Jack and Max, who are brothers and born at the same time, but not being able to live together, now.
Their attacks/fights are so bad that I've been hurt numerous times trying to separate them.
I was able to keep them apart - for the most part, but my son just recently moved back in because of lack of work and the room for separation is no longer there.
I've managed to keep them apart from each other in my room but this is a problem when one is outside and the other one comes in and I can't find one of them/
My son thinks I am crazy and should just let them fight it out and it won't be a problem anymore, but he doesn't see the fights. Besides he doesn't like cat's anyway/

Cat fights are horrible. They almost always end up with one or both cats getting an abscess and having to go to the vet. I've dealt with it too many time$ with my outside cat Patches. It's a really tough thing to deal with because usually if the cats dont get along, they probably never will. :( Separation is pretty much the best thing but you can do a search online to try to find some other alternatives.

How to Stop Cats From Fighting

Cat fights are horrible. They almost always end up with one or both cats getting an abscess and having to go to the vet. I've dealt with it too many time$ with my outside cat Patches. It's a really tough thing to deal with because usually if the cats dont get along, they probably never will. :( Separation is pretty much the best thing but you can do a search online to try to find some other alternatives.

How to Stop Cats From Fighting

Thanks Sicy.
I've explored all the options and they have/will not get along.
It's so hard because they get along with the other 3 cats, but not with each other. I will find a good home for one of them.
It's just that I love them both.:sad:
I just have to figure out which one I want to give away,

:hug: Sorry to hear that Sue. Certainly the worst thing would be to 'just let them fight'. That only will make sure they both get hurt, and if they really cannot stand each other it may even end in one getting a fatal injury.
Maybe a friend of yours would want to take one of them in? That way you could still visit every once in a while.

Thanks Sicy.
I've explored all the options and they have/will not get along.
It's so hard because they get along with the other 3 cats, but not with each other. I will find a good home for one of them.
It's just that I love them both.:sad:
I just have to figure out which one I want to give away,

This is a very hard decision you have to make, choosing which one to give away. The most important thing, however, is ensuring that the cat goes to a loving home where he can live a happy life.

When I was in college, my roommates and I ended up adopting two sister Kittens. They could not get along for even a second. It got to the point where we thought one of them was going to kill the other and so we found a nice home for one sister. We kept in touch with that family for at least a couple of years and the cat we gave away turned out just fine.

My roommate who is now married and has a family of her own still has the other cat and I do get to see her every few months when we get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom