First U2 Cover Contest Match - Vote Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which cover do you prefer?

• HolyMeximofoJoe - Bad

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • dudeman - Where The Streets Have No Name

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scaramanga2

The Fly
First U2 Cover Contest Match

Welcome to the First U2 Interference Cover Contest. The first match is DUDEMAN VS HOLYMEXIMOFOJOE, because I didn't get Bono_212's entry in time so that match is gonna be delated.

DUDEMAN goes with WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

HOLYMEXIMOFOJOE goes with BAD

You can hear the tracks at www.myspace.com/u2covercontest

and you can download them at this links:

www.send space.com/file/qhy9a2 for STREETS

www.you send it.com/download/XRXQektjQa95TA== for BAD

Please vote for your favourite leaving a message, and if anyone knows how to make a poll please let me know.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CONTESTANTS, THE VOTING WILL BE OVER AT 10 PM PST ON DECEMBER 4TH

FOR EVERYONE WHO HASN`T SEND THE ENTRIES SEND THEM TO U2COVERCONTEST@GMAIL.COM

You need to be a premium member to make polls.

I went ahead and made one and then merged it with this thread.

Well, it's definitely a tough call here. MexicoMofoJoe put a lot of passion into his work, and it's obvious too.

Dudeman did a totally fantastic orchestrated job on his cover.

There are pros and cons to both, but Dudeman gets my vote for his great effort. :up:

Holymexi, you surprised me with the snippets! I love it! Sounds like you had fun with this.

Dudeman yours is awesome. I'd love to know what you used to get the backing track.

Definately a tough matchup!

And great idea Scaramanga!

this is really a lot of fun.
i'm really looking forward to hearing all the entries...even excited about seeing which tunes get covered. nice job Holymeximofo! you're officially part of dudeman's itunes library.
varitek, to answer your question: the backing track was recorded from the ground up at home on a standalone 10 track. i've been recording for years, sometimes it sounds like it, other times not so much..
nevertheless, i had fun doing this

Congrats to both of you, I wouldn't have chosen these songs, they're too difficult to sing, but you made it and they sound really passionate:up:

Hot damn! Out of the gates and already it's hard to choose!

Damn you Man With The Golden Gun!
Damn you...

ps - I will have my song to by the end of this week...maybe sooner

For Axver:

Running U2 Cover Setlist

1. Bad (Holymeximofojoe Mix)/Ruby Tuesday (snippet)/Sympathy for the Devil (snippet)/ Walk on the Wild Side (snippet)
2. Where the Streets Have No Name (dudeman Mix)

I almost think you shouldnt say who did each song until after all the voting is over with for the round. A more popular member here might win because they have more friends than somebody who is less popular, rather than just voting on the music.

Chizip said:
I almost think you shouldnt say who did each song until after all the voting is over with for the round. A more popular member here might win because they have more friends than somebody who is less popular, rather than just voting on the music.
Very true, leave names out of the polls from now on if you please :drool:

I had to vote for the hard-rocking Streets here. One great thing about a cover is that it can be a new take on a favourite, and this accomplishes it nicely with a big bang.

Last edited:
I decided to go with Streets, as the take is very strong and something I hadn't heard. I enjoyed it.

The Bad had a lot of passion, and I give credit for a very good cover there too.

You people amaze -- great work by both -- voted Bad, but really enjoyed both -- please do more of these covers and share them wiht the musically challenged segment of us that took "General Music" instead of band with the five-page report on Kiss versus stanidng on the risers in Junior High.

Someone email when there is a contest for best drum line using 2 butter knives and some Tupperware -- I'm in.

I agree with Chizip about the polls. I'd leave them anonymous at least until after the voting.

Also, I dont know if you can afford it, but you might want to consider signing up for premium, even if its just for a month or two so that you can post these polls. Otherwise, I dont mind doing it for you but it might be quicker to send me an email when you're ready to post it.

Dudeman, you've won this match. HolyMeximofoJoe, you still got a chance at the second bracket. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom