First rehearsal sounds! (Stand Up Comedy?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it just me, or does Vertigo sound far worse on 360 than on the Vertigo Tour?

Note: this isn't really a criticism... I don't like Vertigo, so I don't really care how they play it.

The horn is great but Bonos "Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" on Vertigo gave the song so much more energy and now when he dosnt bother to hit it it sint much intressting. :(

Is it just me, or does Vertigo sound far worse on 360 than on the Vertigo Tour?

Note: this isn't really a criticism... I don't like Vertigo, so I don't really care how they play it.

I dunno, sounds the same except his guitar sounds a tid thinner and of course Bono leaving out the feeeeel. Them flashing lights make it better than the VT to me tho :drool: Gives it so much energy.

The horn is great but Bonos "Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" on Vertigo gave the song so much more energy and now when he dosnt bother to hit it it sint much intressting. :(

Yeah, now that you mention that, I think that is an issue.

Wonder if this will be in the setlist?? :doh: :wink:

:lol: Exactly my though.

And people bitching Vertigo: Ever considered he didn't do the feel on JUST THIS ONE VERSION? I've seen 7 gigs and at all 7 he did the energetic long FEEHEEEEEHEEEEEEEEL. So, don't get dissapointed by one video. This just proves once again that U2.com sucks. Bad take to use.

how is that possible? i am confused. :hmm:

It's very easy. On the record songs like Vertigo, Elevation and Boots are generally disliked by the people on this forum.

Yet live, at the show, I see EVERYONE rock out to it. There's nobody sitting down or standing still.

You can claim it's a shit song that shouldn't be played live. The rest of the stadium disagrees with you.

It's very easy. On the record songs like Vertigo, Elevation and Boots are generally disliked by the people on this forum.

Yet live, at the show, I see EVERYONE rock out to it. There's nobody sitting down or standing still.

You can claim it's a shit song that shouldn't be played live. The rest of the stadium disagrees with you.

Exactly.

They say Upstaging on them. I remember from outside of Letterman and past tours

i said it would be nice if they played a great song in its place. :shrug:

boots is not a great u2 song. i like it, its ok. i fully expect them to play it and don't care that they do. i would rather hear a great song, like the fly (which has the exact same effect on the crowd) and is miles better than boots. its not a bashing of boots, if anything its a compliment to the band that they have so many better songs.

thanks for jumping the gun, ranting, and then putting words in my mouth though.

Back
Top Bottom