Fan Art V3 - Art being born!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper: ooo this rocks, domo-k!

some wonderful shading! Good sunglass reflections. And goregeous hair highlights.

Face is very good...except for 1 thing. it almost seems that from his face "plane" to were the hair on his temples start, and were his ear begins just seem a bit too wide.

Backg round is interesting.Even though you (i think) basically crosshatched over black and whitish (w some ?pale peach) area, and yet maybe because the hatching is on the diagonal... it almost translates as a very blurred out photo background. Maybe the at angle cross-hatching translates sunconciously as a metal chain-linked fence.

good stuff!! MOAR PLZ!:applaud: :D

The temple/hair thing happened when I was doing the highlights with the dodge tool. It was acting weird , becuase it came out that I was working on the wrong layer... so I screwed up there. that makes it look a bit weird.
Croshatch is exact, I chose the colors of the original photo's background,
and made a simple version of it , then croshatched it. to give it some texture.

My new drawing of a man with the cutest smile ever

crookedsmilegama.jpg

HOLY SHIT! *rubs eyes*

I thought that was a photograph for a second!!
Thats amazing!! well done zoobaby!!! All the little details like the reflection in his glasses and the beard are amazing!:applaud::applaud:

:heart:

:applaud::heart::applaud::heart::applaud:

Fabulous, zoobaby9!!!!!

Overall a~~*wonderfu*~~l likeness!
Such fine detailing in such difficult areas! His over all smile being crooked makes it for some people more difficult to draw.
Then the subtlities of the inner corners of the mouth -something not easy to make look very real! And the slight beard & mustache stubble-- and getting the beard right in the shade/tone change under the nose in the shadow. All these things can make a drawing look "not right quite right/less real looking " but you got them all! :applaud:

Very well done eyes, and the tint and refelection on the shades is rocking!!!!

Take a bow, zb9! :D

Awwww :cute: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, MY FRIENDS!!! :hug:

:applaud::heart::applaud::heart::applaud:

Fabulous, zoobaby9!!!!!

Overall a~~*wonderfu*~~l likeness!
Such fine detailing in such difficult areas! His over all smile being crooked makes it for some people more difficult to draw.
Then the subtlities of the inner corners of the mouth -something not easy to make look very real! And the slight beard & mustache stubble-- and getting the beard right in the shade/tone change under the nose in the shadow. All these things can make a drawing look "not right quite right/less real looking " but you got them all! :applaud:

Very well done eyes, and the tint and refelection on the shades is rocking!!!!

Take a bow, zb9! :D

Thank you, dear :wave:
I´m aware of all the things you mentioned. And I can draw him like this, because I know every detail of his face and it´s fun to me to work on those details.
As I was drawing his smile I was all the time like: :D
Yeah, I know his mouth is very difficult to draw, but I was able to do it ´cause I like his mouth so much! :love: It´s so typical, so Bono-ish. Some people draw a pretty mouth but not Bono´s mouth. A lot of people tend to draw the outer line of the lips too sharp and that´s the biggest mistake. Sometimes the outer line of Bono´s mouth absolutely can´t be seen. This is what I noticed and this helps me by drawing

Ha , that photo is on deviantart, one of the cutest pics of him <3
wonderfull shading :love:

:cute: Irish boys with flowers, funny that you took this picture
I always think that Bono was caught "off-guard" in it.
His expression confuzes me in the original photo,, and it still does :giggle:
Damn those hands must have been a pain in the arse. Your brave :hi5:

Its awesome , my favorite has to be the all black outfit, no shading whatsoever.
It makes the white background work :D
:hug:thanks

Zoobaby, mad props for this beautiful drawing. People are so difficult to draw, and I am envious you were able to capture the little nuances of Bono's expressions so perfectly! I think you've stirred this former Art major into brushing off her chalk and picking up her art once again to try to draw a decent likeness of the B-man. I had actually started a charcoal a month ago (first real art project in some four years), but have gotten busy and put it down. I think I'll try to reboot it now. Thanks for sharing this. It's truly spectacular! :applaud:

Zoobaby, mad props for this beautiful drawing. People are so difficult to draw, and I am envious you were able to capture the little nuances of Bono's expressions so perfectly! I think you've stirred this former Art major into brushing off her chalk and picking up her art once again to try to draw a decent likeness of the B-man. I had actually started a charcoal a month ago (first real art project in some four years), but have gotten busy and put it down. I think I'll try to reboot it now. Thanks for sharing this. It's truly spectacular! :applaud:

Awwwww :cute: Good to hear I motivated someone to draw :applaud::wave: I´ll be waiting for your drawing :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom