Edge's Microphone:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It just looks un rock and roll to me...that's my bottom line. AGAIN, I know its a non point really, it just struck me as somewhat distracting.

I realize the new stage and the roaming will call for him to move around, I just don't like the aesthetics of it.

Well maybe he should carry a mic stand around with him..

1. I wish he would be more static...I like a traditional mic. Not for every song.

2. I think the banana would have been funny, and I sure the thought crossed somebody is the U2 camp...

3. I am not gay - the name donkeytimes is an ode is Donkey Kong and his friend, Chimpy in Mario Kart.

4. I like U2 a lot, so don't everyone get all bothered by some comments.

5. I like the Bono swinging mic, its creative and very Blade Runner-ish. It works well with Ultraviolet.

6. I don't mind the LED jacket either...that is more Zoo TV fun which we all like.

7. I thought we were friends after our Star Wars game...

A leather watch band makes someone look like a gay leatherman? Isn't that, like, everyone who wears a watch?

Excuse me, elfa. Do these shorts effectively hide my thunder?

Man, you people cannot take much of a joke round here...

Ok, I have a new topic to discuss!? Does Anyone care?

Ok, ok, I'll be serious for a change - DEADLY SERIOUS!!!!

What would you rather have instead of his little mic?

1. A fixed mic so he has to basically stay rooted in the same spot or at several fixed spots throughout the show.

2. A roadie following him around everywhere setting up the mic for him...

also, you complain about Edge's mic but no comment about Bono's boxing announcer / Wii steering Wheel mic. what gives?

1. Edge's headset mic is seriously cringe-worthy. who's he on tour with, Madonna? this is u2. Even on Popmart and ZooTV, with the biggest goddamn stages, he had a regular mic. nobody complained. Edge singing into a normal mic (or even Bono's mic when they're out and about) is one of the coolest things. Edge singing into a headest mic (for the whole show, nonetheless) is laughable.

2. A roadie had to set up a whole fucking drum kit on the Popmart and ZooTV B-stages, not to mention one mic stand.

as for Bono's steering wheel mic, it's a little bit cheesy, but used well, and he doesn't use it for the entire show.

I'm listening to some Muse and laughing my ass off here... gimme some more baby! :dance: :dance:

Some people treat the trappings of rock and roll as sacred - like a guy edging up to a mike stand. Edge is just being practical here.

Maybe they could position 120 mike stands strategically around the ramp. That way he wouldn't break the unspoken rules of rock and roll. :D

Some people treat the trappings of rock and roll as sacred - like a guy edging up to a mike stand. Edge is just being practical here.

Maybe they could position 120 mike stands strategically around the ramp. That way he wouldn't break the unspoken rules of rock and roll. :D

Nah, he should just tie a mic stand to his body with rope and carry it around.

I am hearing what DiscothequeLP is saying, one perosn out of nearly 50.

Fine, the forum has spoken, it was fun. I still think people need to relax. AND, several of you need to check yourself if you think a gay joke was said. That's a fact.

Not sure what you guys are outraged. A few us of just think the headset mic looks silly. Damn. We didn't say we didn't like the Edge or U2, etc..etc.

Edge looks like a gay leatherman often.

You're right, I stand corrected. That's not a gay joke, it's just a moronic thing to say.

A few us of just think the headset mic looks silly. Damn.

Welcome to the internet; you must be new! When people disagree with you, they will all pipe up and say so. Often loudly, obnoxiously, and sometimes with funny pictures. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom