Drum programs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
I was wondering if someone could help me...I'm looking for a good drum program for Windows. I did have an awesome program a few years ago that I never really had the chance to fully experience before the computer crashed (this was in the good ol' days of Windows ME). The drums sounded very realistic and the program itself was fairly easy to use. Best of all, it wasn't one of those stupid keyboard-based programs (Like Win Pyro Drums, ugh.) I haven't been able to find anything similar since then...so I figured I'd ask here. Any help would be appreciated! And I don't care if it's freeware, shareware, or purchase-only.

Edit: And before someone decides to be clever, yes, I have done a Google search. :wink:

I always use Fruity Loops. Its mostly used for Dance crap but it does have a real drum kit template setting. How well it works for you depends on how computer savvy you are. I use it mostly to create the drum tracks for backing tracks or my own music, then open that track in cool edit and fill in bass and guitar as needed.

The program I really want to use is Cubase though. It doesn't work right on my PC for some strange reason. But it lets you create drum tracks and fill in all the other instruments in a single program.

A shareware version of Fruity Loops can be downloaded from the site of its creator. Cubase has to be bought. If you have no morals there are cracks to unlock the shareware version of Fruity Loops and I'm sure Cubase can be found on some P2P network. But that is not to be encouraged.

Cubase is fantastic! I use it at college and there's some great plugins we've got with extra synths and a 'drum machine' with the greatest sounding drums! I'll try and find the name if any Cubase users are interested?

Thank you, Muad'zin! I'm quite computer savvy when it comes to this sort of thing, so I'll definitely check out Fruity Loops. I really hope the shareware version allows you to save the tracks, so that I can insert them into Cool Edit Pro's multitrack setting. If not, looks like I'll be puchasing. It's about time I got a decent drum program - all my backing tracks sound like shit. :wink:

I'll check out Cubase as well. If it's not too expensive, I'll grab that one too.

Thank you for the help, you guys. :up:

Hi GibsonGirl. There's a vast collection of programs that help will help you with the drums, but be sure that none of them will provide the exact sound that a real drummer with a real kit would achieve.

In the professional range, there are two that are well known and regarded, one is FXPansion BFD, and the other is Native Instruments Battery. They are somewhat pricey and are best used with a sequencer program like Cubase, Logic or ProTools as "virtual instruments". Have a listen to their demos and decide.

Acrowire said:
Hi GibsonGirl. There's a vast collection of programs that help will help you with the drums, but be sure that none of them will provide the exact sound that a real drummer with a real kit would achieve.

In the professional range, there are two that are well known and regarded, one is FXPansion BFD, and the other is Native Instruments Battery. They are somewhat pricey and are best used with a sequencer program like Cubase, Logic or ProTools as "virtual instruments". Have a listen to their demos and decide.

Thank you for your help, Acrowire. :)

I did come across FXPansion BFD during my searches and quite liked the look of it. It's a little out of my price range (I can barely afford single guitar effect units at the moment, let alone a $400 program) but it's something I might look into for the future.

I realise, of course, that the ultimate goal would be to find a real drummer. It's just a bit tricky finding a drummer around here who doesn't want to play heavy metal, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom