does anyone know how HTDAAB is faring in Oz?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, it hasn't done too badly, its 3x Platinum and sold massive amounts in the opening 5 or 6 weeks.
Chart run: 1-3-3-5-2-7-7-7-10-13-18-19-20-22-27-31-33-26-33-35-40-40-46. Its been out of the Top 50 for the past month or so but there hasn't been much promotion in this country. When they tour it will sell by the truckload.
Interesting statistics = week one it sold 48,000, week two 24,000, week three 28,000, week four 32,000, week five 42,000.
Total sales about 250,000.

City of Blinding Lights didn't appear on Rage this weekend. I would have expected it too.

I think the lack of interviews, touring, and general marketing presence is what is damaging the sales here. Maybe it will pick up when they tour next year.

I'm no marketing genious but I have definitely been scratching my head about U2's marketing strategies a LOT in the past year! :eyebrow:

That said....The Ipod commercial was a true stroke of genious!!!!

U2s marketing has probably worked very well in the countries where U2 have had a marketing strategy eg USA, England, Ireland.

But theres gaping holes of places where theres been next to no (apparent) marketing at all.

It really upsets me because it deprives Australia of such a good album. I pray to God COBL hits number one on the singles chart but I think this lack of promotion will cause it go lower than SYCMIOYO, which debuted at #19. :(

Hopefully Rage will pick it up next weekend. We shall see. City of Blinding Lights has a better chance than Sometimes, I reckon. Its a bit more upbeat. But as Earnie Shavers (another poster here at this site) says, the most radio friendly song for Australia is Love and Peace or Else. I agree with him.

I'm sure I saw Sometimes on Cable before Rage......
I'm home Monday-Tuesday this week so i'll force my self to keep on the 'Young Persons' Music channels see if they play it.

beli said:
the most radio friendly song for Australia is Love and Peace or Else. I agree with him.

:hmm:
I'd love to see a video of my 3rd Fav off HTDAAB. :drool:

It would be one from left field if they did release, release, release it. :drool:

Yeah, I have to agree about LAPOE. When I first heard it I hated it, but now its one of my favourites. I have a hinting suspicion it wont be released though. It is a tad left-field. I think Crumbs or ABOY will be released before that.

But about the Oz stratigies, why don't they promote here? Is it because they dont have as big a fan base here? Surely they could put a little more effort into it.

The tour will be the promotion. If they announce the tour coming here, it will great a buzz and probably a lot of U2 play on the radio.

Yes, they finally announced the dates.

2 outdoor shows at AAMI stadium in Adelaide.
2 indoor arena shows at Adelaide Entertainment Centre
1 intimate show in Sken's backyard with special guest Sken for U2 Karaoke encore
and due to public demand ZooTV Outside Broadcast at AAMI stadium.

and that concludes the Vertigo tour. U2 retire to Dublin to produce their next album named 'Achtung Baby 2: The Return Of The Fly'.

Ofcourse, but how do you look in a skirt? Bono has to pull someone up for Mysterious Ways.

Sken said:
Yes, they finally announced the dates.

2 outdoor shows at AAMI stadium in Adelaide.
2 indoor arena shows at Adelaide Entertainment Centre
1 intimate show in Sken's backyard with special guest Sken for U2 Karaoke encore
and due to public demand ZooTV Outside Broadcast at AAMI stadium.

Stilll with all those shows in Adelaide, I'm betting maybe 5 or 10 people show up :)

Back
Top Bottom