Didn't realize how much I miss U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Call me a bad fan, but I've listened to U2 since my Dad bought "Boy", and these days if there's not a tour or new album frenzy to get caught up in, I just don't really listen to U2 a whole lot unless they come on the radio or something like that.

Doesn't mean I don't love them or that they're not still my all-time #1, I just use the in-between-albums time to discover new bands and let my Bang & Clatter friends introduce me to new music.

But this morning I was searching YouTube for a U2 video to put on my friends' MySpace page and, well . . . that was about 2 hours ago. I just kept watching U2 video after video and remembering how much I absolutely love this band. It was kind of like waking up from a fog and realizing how, more than any other band or music I've heard, they really do define the sound of my life, the sounds that I identify as my perfect music.

I think it's going to be U2 all day as I re-discover that they were, are and always will be my ALL-TIME, ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!

:D

Well, that's quite normal, I've sometimes forgotten them for a couple of years, that's fine. I almost lost the release of ATYCLB, but I was in India then and you know, they don't make lots of headlines there.

Fitz, I know exactly what you mean! It happens every now and then for me. I'll completely forget about them for months on end and listen to pretty much everything but U2. And suddenly one day something triggers my nostalgia and I'm listening to and watching nothing but U2 and re-realizing why they're my all-time fav band!

Well, that's quite normal, I've sometimes forgotten them for a couple of years, that's fine. I almost lost the release of ATYCLB, but I was in India then and you know, they don't make lots of headlines there.

Are you from India? Just curious. Cos I am.

I get that too. I used to listen to their music everyday and sometimes it's like once a week. But, I always don't let that happen too much anymore.

Don't you just love it when that happens? I usually get U2 fever in the fall, because that's when I first got into them. And the fact that they often have new releases in the fall only strengthens this. When the weather starts getting cold, I start pining away for some U2ness. But there isn't any this year and I feel like an addict without any crack. :(

The very same thing just happened to me! I have been listening to nothing but U2 for about 2 weeks since.
It is going to be a very hard and long wait for the new album.

^ Seconded. :sad:

But there is a chance we could clone them thanks to technology. :drool:

I think it's going to be U2 all day as I re-discover that they were, are and always will be my ALL-TIME, ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!

:D

That´s why I´ve never stopped listening to U2 since I became fan..
I use to travel a lot and I´m also listening to U2 while driving (or even in my motorcycle) . U2 makes my journey always a pleasure...it doesn´t matter the traffic jam, the bad road, the rain, the bad wheather... If I´m listening U2 - ( I have a mix in my IPod since Boy to HTDAAB) - everything seems absolutely fine! I sing along with them and nothing in this world seems to upset me...nothing!!

U2 really lifts my spirit and.... it´s my miracle drug !!

"It´s a beautiful day
the sky falls and you feel like it´s a beautiful day
don´t let it get away.."

They'd be just as goddamn lazy

What you need to do is clone several sets and then stagger them so while each set would only make a new album every 3-5 years, the various sets would ensure there would be new work every year or so. :)

What you need to do is clone several sets and then stagger them so while each set would only make a new album every 3-5 years, the various sets would ensure there would be new work every year or so. :)

Hellz yeah.

I was gone from here for over a year. The year of the Vertigo tour was one of my best ever between the excitement of a new album and all the shows and fellow Blue Crack addicts.:heart: Now I'm excited to be back after some time away.

Oh God. Coincidentally, this just happened to me today. I hadn't REALLY listened to U2 in about 4-5 months. Something triggered something in my mind and I was like, "...U2..." So I watched ZOOTV Sydney and bam! U2 hit me like a freight train. hah While I was watching it, I said to myself, "I HAVE to get on the blue crack again." :heart: :drool: So here I am. :D Missed it.

Also, I agree with Rachel D. I got into U2 in the fall which is probably why I randomly started listening again. And yes, I DO love it when this happens. The songs take on a whole new meaning for me. They're always better then the last time you've listened to them.

Are you from India? Just curious. Cos I am.

No, I'm not from India, I'm from Spain, I was in Delhi in 2000-2001, I had a great time there and visited as much as I could, I think I fell in love with India and her people, it's nice to know there're some people from that beautiful country in this forum.:wave:

No, I'm not from India, I'm from Spain, I was in Delhi in 2000-2001, I had a great time there and visited as much as I could, I think I fell in love with India and her people, it's nice to know there're some people from that beautiful country in this forum.:wave:

:wave: Nice to meet you! Yeah I'm from there and living in the US now since 2000.

I won't be interested. I don't like musicians who are lazy and have no dignity in themselves

:lol:

:hug: It is mighty disappointing when you find out no one actually lives in the fairytale world you've created in your mind. :hug:

:lol:

:hug: It is mighty disappointing when you find out no one actually lives in the fairytale world you've created in your mind. :hug:

I don't want to live in fairytale land, I am a working class girl who has always had to WORK to get what she wants in life. But some musicians out there are so lazy that they are unwilling to work hard. Therefore they deserve no praise from me.

Let me tell you something about me and my family. My mum married my dad after she found out she was pregnant with me. She'd been with him since she was 16 and she was 28 when she had me. Do you want to know why it took her so long to get married? It was because her parrants refused to accept the fact that they were together and even when she told them she was pregnant they still asked her to leave him. "We look after you both as long as you never see him again" they said, "however if you refuse to do leave him we never want to see you or your baby again. As far as we are concerned you will no longer be our daughter". Do you know what option she chose? She married him and they moved away to London. 3 months before I was born and just before Christmas he died in a car crash, I never got to meet my dad. Mum rang up her sister (who still was living at home) to tell her what happened. She wanted to tell her parants but her dad refused to speak to her even after what happened. They stuck to their word, she was no longer part of the family and she hasn't spoken to them or seen them since.

My mum is the only person I respect in this world. Not a bunch of primadonna's who seem to care more about how much extra they can earn from doing a crap version of their own song, more then their reputation. I don't like weak people who cannot stand up for themselves. My mum is very strong person after what she has to have dealt with in life, and she's brought me up to be the same. When I was bullied at school I never got mummy to come in, I didn't have an older sibling to fight my corner and never even told the teachers. I stood up for myself because my mum taught me that in the real world that's what you have to do. Our little family are strong women.

So don't ever make assumptions about me. You know nothing about me. I certainly do not live in a fairytale, my wold is as real as it gets.

^
You have a wold? A real one? Cool! ;)

And about the rest of it -- big fucking deal. Everyone has issues and problems in their lives. Everyone. And everyone deals with it. They might not deal with it the way you want them to, but what they do works for them. You aren't the only one with a tough life by any stretch (boohoo, you were bullied in school -- who the hell wasn't bullied in school?), and most don't make such a big deal out of it (hmm...one could easily say those who do are prima donnas). You can either enjoy the music or you can continue to whine because these particular musicians aren't what you consider perfect. It's just music for fuck's sake -- if you don't like it, don't fucking listen to it. But noooo, you had to come in here and shit in Fitz's sweet thread because you have a wild hair up your ass about U2 possibly using auto tune. People who live in the real world don't give a flying fuck about that kind of crap.

I wasn't whining, I was responding to your message where you said I live in a fairytale.

Yes I agree with you BO0O sodding Hoo. So MJB had a tough time with drugs did she? SELF INFLICTED. Like you said everyone has a tough times, not everyone takes drugs. If you are going through cancer or any actual illness then I feel differently. She went to prison? If you can't do the time don't do the crime. We have laws for a reason.

BTW hardly any band uses autotune. REM don't, Oasis don't, Killers don't, Razorlight don't, Snow Patrol don't. It's only fake plastic bands who do. And you think with todays economic climate with hard working people losing their jobs due to shrink in demand , these "musicians" would be honest and WORK HARD themselves and not cheat. But for a middle class chick like you with an offshore bank account of millions working hard is not important.

OK, I try not to use strong language, but can you PLEASE go back to your mommy and continue with feeling sorry for yourself? I think your posts are emong the most disturbing ones I've ever seen on this board. Why have you come here? You insult U2, you insult their fans, you're full of self-pity and come here with your personal story that's totally out of place and no one is interested in it.

You derailed a perfectly fine thread with negative comments and tried to bring people up against each other. You personally attacked other forum members. NOT FINE. I feel sorry for the original poster of this thread.

Yes lets please get back on topic and leave the personal stuff to Zoo Confessionals please.

The last time I was truly interested in all things U2 was around the Vertigo Tour. I'll listen to their songs here and there to lift my mood. But I've been too busy lately. I watched a movie tonight and at the end In God's Country played. That made me happy and realized that I can't wait for all things U2 to happen.

I was in the grocery store tonite to pick up a quick dinner and they were playing Sunday Bloody Sunday. :hyper: I'm super excited.

cleardot.gif

QUOTE]but can you PLEASE go back to your mommy and continue with feeling sorry for yourself? [/quote]

you're full of self-pity and come here with your personal story that's totally out of place and no one is interested in it.
For crying out loud. I've just explained to Indra that I wasn't feel sorry for myself :banghead::banghead:

The funny thing is, no one ever listens to me but I'm expected to listen to you. Why the double standards? I shall tell you again. Indra said that I was living in a "fairytail that I've created in my head", I was mearly responding to that grossly patronizing comment that I the world I live in is very real. Now maybe I misinterpreted her message to mean something else. I thought that she was trying to suggest that I was living in fairyland as if I don't work hard for a living. But looking back at her first reply maybe she wasn't. Instead what she was saying that I was living in a fairytale if I thought most bands don't use it. That's not true.
BonoVoxSupastar is wrong, because the most of the frontmen of those bands have criticised "singers" who use autotune, as has Neco Case, Lily Allen and Embrace. That's why I suggested those bands in the first place. Majority of Indie musicians don't use it. I've also heard that some indie and a major record company have banned it because it's unfair on those singers who do work hard.

And BTW, out of that list, I only own REM and Oasis CD's and I haven't got their latest albums either. My music collection mostly consists of older rock albums, 90's indie, old jazz, motown and old soul singers such as Percy Sledge, metal such as Type O Negative, gospal, funk and world music. I don't like modern music at all.

People who live in the real world don't give a flying fuck about that kind of crap.
Actually you're right there! We just won't buy their rotton fake "music". And they wonder why record sales are going down. Descent hard working people are losing their job due to the faltering economy, and yet so called "singers" want you to pay top whack for their CD with their half arsed attempt at "singing". On the news on Monday they were asking shoppers whether they are cutting back as the recession looms, and this women replied that she was no longer buying luxury's such as expensive clothes, DVD's and CD's. That's one thing we agree on, Indra. You've got that spot on. Was you watching that report as well?

You derailed a perfectly fine thread with negative comments and tried to bring people up against each other. You personally attacked other forum members.
I swear on Al's grave that I never set members against each other. Now looking back on my comment, maybe it did seem as though I was attacking Indra, however I did find this comment:

hug.gif
It is mighty disappointing when you find out no one actually lives in the fairytale world you've created in your mind.
hug.gif
, very patronizing, especially with these smileys
hug.gif
at the begining and the end.

Maybe it's just different people, and you intended those smileys to try and calm my nortorious hormonal nerves beforehand, but I just found that they already added to, what seemed to me, a very patronizing tone to your reply. And it's probably why I gave you that very boring rant in the first place. I also found this comment quite offensive
You have a wold? A real one? Cool!

I think this is what led to my outburst. All I can say about these comments was that I was in a rush, it was that time of month and I was angry at fake musicians earning millions. I never meant to be so snappy towards her. All I can say is that I'm sorry Indra and I'm sorry Last Unicorn. And I will try to watch what I say in future. Indra I would love to start over a new slate with you, if you can accept my apology and try to ignore my irascible ways I will ignore your little quirks and stop interpreting them to mean something else. Perhaps not responding to messages right at the end of my session on the net would go a long way to prevent these misunderstandings. You may not believe this, but I must have spent nearly 2 hours on this message trying to ensure I chose my words very carefully. But that's just me, I'm an Aries, we are known for being very hot tampered. I must learn to think twice before posting. Secondly I was born a blonde so I can still act very dumb sometimes.

I'm sorry Sicy. No I don't want to go over to ZooConfessionals, what have I got to say? I'm sure Indra and Last Unicorn would agree with me when I say that I lead the most boring life of any human on the planet. I was just saying that I do live in the real world. The only reason why I'm writing this message that's seem to have taken me so long is because I hate all this anger. I never meant to upset anyone and I hope you give me a second chance so that I can apologise to those people who I've offended. I remember Sicy from when I was known as my previous incarnation of Bonsai and she is the administrator who made me feel very welcome on here. I'm sorry.

And yes I'm sorry to BonoVoxSupastar for trolling over several threads. Again my feable excuse was that I was in a rush and I just saw red. I will try not to make this happen again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom