did the vertigo tour mark the start of the "fat bono" era?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono's Betty said:

I guess. I just hate the word FAT to desribe anyone.

Porky?

You'd have to be blind not to notice the change in his weight, and in some of the pictures that were taken over the summer, Bono was full-blown fat. He's slimmed down a bit now, but to be honest, I'm not too bothered by it - people gain weight with age... right?

I think Bono's loss of hair might have had something to do with stress, or with medication, who knows. It looks as if he was losing hair rapidly during 2005, you could clearly see the bald spots underneath his hair, especially when he was sweating. Now in the latest pictures his hair looks very fine. He might have got some treatment or whatever, I don't care. Also about the couple of pounds he has gained. It's better for the nerves to have a little flesh on your bones. It's important that he's healthy. And his voice is now better than it has been for many years.

Canadiens1160 said:
What about the Bonowalrus photo?

:madwife:

When I met him in September, he DEFINATELY wasn't fat or bald (I think Carmel can vouge for me since she just saw him recently too).

I looked that man all over expecting to find him fat or a stomach hanging over his jeans and there was nothing. I looked him over so much I was almost embarrassed after I had thought about it. :eek:

I know fat people, and Bono isn't fat. You've got to be kidding me actually. He's not even close. Just because he isn't really skinny like he was during Pop? Doesn't make him fat.

061209d13743jg4fs2.jpg

I saw him up close last month and he is not fat. Besides everyone gaines and looses weight at some point. :shrug:

phillyfan26 said:
I know fat people, and Bono isn't fat. You've got to be kidding me actually. He's not even close. Just because he isn't really skinny like he was during Pop? Doesn't make him fat.

um, bono was quite heavy during the popmart tour, too. nowhere near skinny. also, take a look at the kmart tour promo just before popmart. big bono there.

Carmelu2fan said:
1742hatoradevd2.jpg

Have some:happy:

please go back to pleba. this is the general discussion area. you can write some fanfic about slim bono in pleba :hyper:

Yes because here is SO much different than pleba, they only have serious discussions about Bono's looks here. :wink:

dietcokeofevil said:
Of course Bono is Phat

PHAT = Pretty Hot And Tempting! :drool: Who cares if he is fat or not?? I personally don't think he is, but just wondering why it's such a big deal. It's still him. It's still Bono, the man we love. We love him for who he is, his sense of humor, his personality, his caring heart, his amazing talents, his intelligence. In my opinion, no amount of weight that he puts on will ever override the fact that he is who he is, regardless of physical appearance. I like him because I like the man behind the appearance. People still love him despite his appearance changing over the years, in fact its seems like he has more fans now than before.

:rockon: Bono, we love you.

U2Man said:

of course i am, xavi, i want a beer belly like that :drool:

And you can have it! I'm sure we can drum up a 'diet' and exercise(-less) program and get you in tip-bottom shape in no time!

StlElevation said:

it's an observation. if bono's putting on weight, will it affect his voice? positively? negatively? will he be more winded so he can't do all the threatrics on stage?

The last time I said "good job" to Bono for recognizing that he needs to slim down--both for himself and for his craft---I was told I had the "rudest post" in all of Interference.

I do, however, believe that a trim and it Bono will result in a much more energetic and theatrical presence on stage. Yeah, he can do the cat thing in ACD; yeah, there's the theatrics of Johnny Comes Marching; yeah, he's got the back thing. But I guarantee, if he were a bit more in shape, he'd be as physical on stage as he was in his younger days. Forty-six really isn't that old.

Flame away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom