Dexter...The New Season..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasnt too keen on the whole Dexter and Lumin romance.. but I have to say it got me at the end. They're perfect for each other.

And yeah, lots of 'oh shit' moments in that ep!

Oh and yes they had some really cute moments that cracked me up. When he gave her the gloves... awww :cute: serial killer cuteness.

Yeah, originally I was hoping the writers wouldn't take that direction with them, but the way they've done it, it works. They have been so cute together.

Wearing the new ONE campaign shirt

ONEJenniferCarpentershirt.jpg

Just caught up after missing the last two episodes.

THAT'S who he is!!! I knew he was familiar from somewhere. I guess Amy can stay in this thread for another week.

Lumen in her new killin' clothes. :drool:

Sent from the interference app

how great a casting move has it been to cast johnny lee miller as the season 5 main villain?

not as grandstanding as john lithgow, or underhanded as jimmy smits, but a smart cast choice right there

jonny-lee-miller-1-sized.jpg

Had to wait a day to watch ep 11. Liddy was killed off unceremoniously.

The preview for next week was sweet, but they probably edited to make it look a certain way.

Agreed. It was a bit of a let-down.

Huh. I thought it was great given it seemed to be about to go down as another standard Dexter kill (if that's what he was intending to do). The conundrum then of course being that Liddy hadn't actually killed anyone (that we know of anyways) so he lacked the "justification" for a premeditated kill. By having Liddy trick him and create a fight scene in which Liddy is killed in the heat of the moment, it's less of a violation of his set of principles. Either way, a scene with Liddy on the table wrapped in plastic is a negative to the overall storyline, not a positive imo.

This is going to be a tricky ending. They surely are going to be under some pressure (not sure from where tho lol) to not let vigilantes walk free. Killing off Lumen seems unfair to Dexter, when does he get a break and get to experience love for any significant length of time? Incarcerating her is even worse, while she's technically guilty of murder her circumstances are hardly normal. Killing off Dexter won't be a great ending either. What about prison? Can Dexter really "get off"? His mother was killed when he was very young, so the "my life made me this way" defense will be a tough sell to a jury, even if we the audience have already given him that free pass. Does Debra let him go? A stretch, he'll be the latest in a long line of men that have betrayed her trust. Does she kill him, does he commit suicide by cop? Doubt it, he's too smart.

I have a feeling that somehow he never has to face the law but then we are taken forward in time and he (and possibly Lumen) are killed in some tragic accident or illness. He can escape the law but can't escape karma kind of ending.

All in all, one of the best TV series in a long time. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom