Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MERE... CLICK... of a SINGLE... LINK! The Beautiful SHINY link! The jolly CANDY-LIKE link! Will he hold out, folks? CAN he hold out?

Translation: SINGLE GOAL......FOR THE SHINY STANLEY CUP.......CAN = Cancucks? You are messing with my head.

I'm not going to ruin it for myself. I just can't now :banghead:

Also, that whole paragraph? Yeah, it's just a quote from Ren & Stimpy. No hidden messages. Or ARE THERE?! :ohmy:

Yes ali, it was I you sent boom crash opera to. I just never got around to hearing it.

Aha! Glad I'm not quite as forgetful as I feared. Cos that would have made me about 253% forgetful.

It's 29 degrees here. Fuck the sun.

SO JEALOUS. :mad:

Things...of a nature.

... For a reason?

118411530868031.gif

I love that smiley.

I have been reduced to tears more times than I care to mention this week alone. I almost quit Monday night. I can't hack this much longer. People are assholes.

:hug: :hug:

I need to find that list of favorite U2 live moments I made once. Or find out if I ever actually made that list :uhoh;

Start of list.

1. One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989

End of list.

:laugh:

1. 1992-8-13, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car. Full stop.

Nobody gets hurt at a U2 concert. Only we get hurt if someone gets hurt.

What is this stuff? Tear Gas : disgust: I thought we'd had enough tears in this song

Love, love will tear us apart again
Love love love love love
I was strolling down past Paris way
I walked through the streets in the light of the day
I knew that summer had arrived
When I saw your eyes
When I see you, when I hope that it was
Good for good for me as it was good for you
As it was good for me

Now our internet is down at home. Bloody hell. Nicole was gonna get the torrent going an hour ahead.

I should just duck out of the office for 20 minutes, no?

Start of list.

1. One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989

End of list.

Come on... any performance of Exit? Hawkmoon? God Part II?

Also, forgot to mention last night, but Neil managed to get a warm hot drink at the Corner! :wink: I wouldn't have wanted the garlic in it though.

I just know I've said what hearing that for the first time (and for the first time for the band too) meant to me as well, and it was just such an emotionally chilling moment for me, one that not even hearing TUF life topped. It was just quite a thing.

I have a terrible memory, so I admit I can't remember what you said about the personal meaning... sorry! :reject:

(I'm also very brain-dead today due to lack of sleeps.)

In spooky news, The First Time just popped up on my mp3 player.

At the time, it was my first show, and at the time, The First Time was my favorite U2 song. It was a huge thing that they played it at all, but then Bono changed the closing lyric to "I Didn't throw away the key" and, I dont' know if he forgot the lyrics, or if he really had just had some kind of spiritual/emotional change that effected the lyrics and it was just such a charged night for me in general, but it just completely sent me over the top of "holy fuck this is the greatest night of my life."

I don't know if I could pick five favorite liver performances with any sort of authority but here goes:

1) With Or Without You - Paris, JT Tour
2) Ultraviolet - Stockholm, Zoo TV
3) The First Time - Chicago, Vertigo
4) One - Mexico City, Pop Mart
5) Until the End of the World - Dallas, 360

At the time, it was my first show, and at the time, The First Time was my favorite U2 song. It was a huge thing that they played it at all, but then Bono changed the closing lyric to "I Didn't throw away the key" and, I dont' know if he forgot the lyrics, or if he really had just had some kind of spiritual/emotional change that effected the lyrics and it was just such a charged night for me in general, but it just completely sent me over the top of "holy fuck this is the greatest night of my life."

:hug: That was pretty much how I felt after that gig... it was my second-ever U2 show, but my first had only been the night before, plus we also got Bad at the end which flipped me right out. It was just an amazing show in general and for me personally. I'll never forget it.

When they played the first time in Melbourne 2006, I remember Ax and I kinda lost our shit. Well I know I did. People looked at me as if the say WTF??

It was one of my more memorable U2 moments also.

I hate that I didn't know EVERYTHING by U2 when I saw my first gig. I got "Bad" and the significance was lost on me :(. I just enjoyed the hell out of the song.

When they played the first time in Melbourne 2006, I remember Ax and I kinda lost our shit. Well I know I did. People looked at me as if the say WTF??

It was one of my more memorable U2 moments also.

:hi5:

Me and the random guy I ended up on the rail next to had a bit of an "OMG!" moment too. *L*

I'm trying to resist the urge to make some sort of joke about Ashley's favourite liver performances, but I think I just failed.

Kidneys?

I hate that I didn't know EVERYTHING by U2 when I saw my first gig. I got "Bad" and the significance was lost on me :(. I just enjoyed the hell out of the song.

That's all that matters. I didn't know the set when I saw my first show, so everything was a surprise... and everything that was different the second night was an even better surprise. I doubt I'll be able to acheive the same sort of naivete at a U2 show again (I sure as hell didn't manage it for the 360 tour!), so those shows are extra special for me that way too.

My mum and brother were at that second Vertigo show, they had no idea of the significance of Bad and First Time and Party Girl, but they still loved it (and were very amused by how hyper I still was the next day). *L*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom