Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
five favorite liver performances

:lol:

When they played the first time in Melbourne 2006, I remember Ax and I kinda lost our shit. Well I know I did. People looked at me as if the say WTF??

It was one of my more memorable U2 moments also.

For me, I think I was more excited simply by the scarcity, and that I was thinking maybe it had disappeared from the set before we got the chance to hear it. I've never really rated the song itself that much.

Five favourite live performances:
1. OTH, 1989-12-26, Dublin
2. 11 O'clock Tick Tock, 1983-06-05, Red Rocks
3. Exit, 1987-04-29, Chicago
4. Hawkmoon 269, 1989-11-18, Sydney
5. Bad, 1987-11-08, Chicago

I'm really liking this POLAND STRONG1!1!1!! band. Might be using the "review album after listening" thread after, it is a terrific idea for a thread that is underused.

I'm trying to resist the urge to make some sort of joke about Ashley's favourite liver performances, but I think I just failed.

Kidneys?

:doh:

That's all that matters. I didn't know the set when I saw my first show, so everything was a surprise... and everything that was different the second night was an even better surprise. I doubt I'll be able to acheive the same sort of naivete at a U2 show again (I sure as hell didn't manage it for the 360 tour!), so those shows are extra special for me that way too.

My mum and brother were at that second Vertigo show, they had no idea of the significance of Bad and First Time and Party Girl, but they still loved it (and were very amused by how hyper I still was the next day). *L*

What I more mean is that I didn't even know "Bad" at the time, not really :uhoh:

What I more mean is that I didn't even know "Bad" at the time, not really :uhoh:

Ah... well, I ended up talking to a lady at the first Perth show last year who had no idea what song Bad was. If awareness of Bad was a pre-requisite to U2 concert attendance, they could play much smaller venues. :wink:

... :hmm:

It was a bit depressing when they played it in Dec Ali, and me and you and Danny started going off and everyone else was like "wtf is wrong with these three"

Lol. I KNOW I had knowledge of it, but for some reason did--wait. NO. It was "40" I didn't recognize. Never mind.

But the epicness of a live Bad still went over my head at the time.

Miracles and magic all up in this bitch. I got together enough money today from surprise money arriving in the mail and from other places, and tmobile pushed back my cell phone due date, so I'm getting a new PS3 (long story, but I actually had no choice but to get it today).

Funny how things work out like that sometimes.

:panic: :yippie: I made enough bonus this month to get a new iPod AND a new external hard drive!!!

Probably just going to spring for the iPod, though. My laptop's hard drive is big enough for now.

So remember how I was in that shitty sleep schedule, and how like, last week, I finally righted myself and was sleeping decent times/hours again?

Yeah, my job is third shift :crack:

Sweet. See, dealing with shitty people pays off :D.

Yeah, sometimes. I've had a crappy June, though. Next month's bonus is gonna suck. Oh, well. Car's fixed, iPod's replaced, no other major purchases on the horizon.

Well then it sounds like things got a bit sucky at the right now.

I don't mind the idea of third shift, mind you, it's just that I start Sunday. It's not a lot of time for me to get back into the groove of things. So I suppose I'll likely take a nap here soon and try and wake up at 10 (When I'll need to be to work Sunday night) and try and stay up until 9:00 tomorrow and see how it goes. If I can do that tonight and Saturday, I may just make it out alright.

Well then it sounds like things got a bit sucky at the right now.

I don't mind the idea of third shift, mind you, it's just that I start Sunday. It's not a lot of time for me to get back into the groove of things. So I suppose I'll likely take a nap here soon and try and wake up at 10 (When I'll need to be to work Sunday night) and try and stay up until 9:00 tomorrow and see how it goes. If I can do that tonight and Saturday, I may just make it out alright.

Good luck! I work second shift.

I have a sudden aversion to babies. A co-worker brought in her premature newborn today and I keep getting asked if I want to hold her. I don't. I have no desire to hold that or any other baby. Probably ever. In the interest of oversharing, the thing that comes 9 months prior to having a newborn is another thing I have no desire for either. :shrug: Out of my system, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom