CTS--You know you've OD'd on U2 when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

:eek: yeah uh wtf is CTS?
It pays to read the original post.
wink.gif

When you buy, try to watch or at least rent every movie where a song by U2 appears or has to do with U2 or one of the band members appears in that movie ... :ohmy:

I think I am guilty of all of the above. I just spent $20 on Ebay for a magazine that I know will probably be at Borders for about $5 tomorrow when I go. I somehow find a way to mention U2 in conversations & either get yes I love them too or a really weird look. I carry a picture of Bono in my car & he goes wherever I go--I look over at it while I am driving (its the one that was on the Details Magazine back in the 90's) Luckily I haven't had a wreck yet.

When you go to exchange your daughters b-day present and come out with the Slane DVD:yes:

Alright stop looking at me like that. The present was a duplicate, As if they need another Disney movie. They enjoyed watching U2 and my four year old thinks Bono is pretty with long hair:giggle:

I'm guilty of almost everything that is mentioned here..:laugh:
I also carry a picture of Bono in my wallet :giggle:
Also when your at work and you work in a mall and usually the mall music is crappy....but you get excited because recently they have started playing Sometimes...and the first day you heard it you got this big grin on your face and kinda went "yes!" outloud and people looked at you weird....GUILTY...:reject: :wink:

angel_28 said:
I'm guilty of almost everything that is mentioned here..:laugh:
I also carry a picture of Bono in my wallet :giggle:
Also when your at work and you work in a mall and usually the mall music is crappy....but you get excited because recently they have started playing Sometimes...and the first day you heard it you got this big grin on your face and kinda went "yes!" outloud and people looked at you weird....GUILTY...:reject: :wink:

:laugh: I heard City Of Blinding Lights at Shop Rite one day for the first time and for 4 or 5 minutes I couldn't leave that spot in the potato chips aisle where I could hear it best.

Zootlesque said:

:laugh: I heard City Of Blinding Lights at Shop Rite one day for the first time and for 4 or 5 minutes I couldn't leave that spot in the potato chips aisle where I could hear it best.

I remember a few months back I was in Best Buy and I heard a familiar guitar riff, and it was as if it was some gravitational force pulling my body in... and of course once I saw Bono on the screens I was hooked (it was the Vertigo video). The thing was I was supposed to be quick and just grab one thing, but, you know, my BOYS were on the screen, playing their SONG, I couldn't leave them...!

I think I have magical Bono powers. One time I walked into a coffee shop, U2 iPod attached to my pants, Bono shades on, and Vertigo came on literally two seconds after I walked in. I remember too the day Vertigo first came out, I was at a pizza place and the radio station premiered Vertigo a day earlier than originally planned, and they played it not once, not twice, but THREE times in a row! It rocked :D

...I think the fact that I remember that so fondly is testament to my obsession...

My family went out to Perkins for dinner tonight (got a cheese quesadilla there...man, was it goooood-anywho...), and the music thing there played "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?" :D.

Kaleanae said:
When you buy, try to watch or at least rent every movie where a song by U2 appears or has to do with U2 or one of the band members appears in that movie ... :ohmy:

:yes:.

Also, LOL at redkat's story :p.

Angela

when the wallpaper on your cell phone is Bono from Vogue magazine...

when your girlfriend calls you everytime she hears U2 on the radio...

when you make up t-shirts with song lyrics on them...

when you own and listen to 3 different copies of each album...one for the car, one for the stereo, and one "just in case..."

You call your nephew Freddy, the Fredge.

You create a PowerPoint Presentation on the fabulousness of the mullet.

Your own father wants you to write a letter to Bono about the situation in Africa because he thinks you're totally BFF with Bono.

You're doing yoga and you wonder to yourself, "Hmm..does anyone in U2 do yoga?"

You cry during U2's induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but you don't cry at your own college graduation ceremony.

When a U2 song that comes on the radio is on your list of least favs but you still crank it anyway.

When you can't listen to Wake Up by The Arcade Fire without feeling like you're about to jump out of your skin, and you're frantically waiting for "EVERYONE. EVERYONE! EVERYONE! EVERY! ONE!" to come on.

:crazy:

most of the above :rolleyes:

I only really became a proper U2 fan when HTDAAB came out and since then I've bought every album, all the DVD's, have about 21 bootleg concerts and am downloading more every day!

...when...
you can't justify spending £20 on a textbook to help you pass your degree but have absolutely no qualms about spending nearly £100 going to see U2 :wink:

God Bless, Rich

neutral said:
When you can't listen to Wake Up by The Arcade Fire without feeling like you're about to jump out of your skin, and you're frantically waiting for "EVERYONE. EVERYONE! EVERYONE! EVERY! ONE!" to come on.

:crazy:

SO TRUE!!! :lol:

When you're eagerly anticipating the setlist party for the first date of the second leg of the Vertigo tour!! YEAH!!! :rockon:

..when
...friends ask you questions about U2 and even though you know the answer imediately you have to hesitate and make it look like you are diggin through the memory bank so you don't look overly obsessed.

daygloeyes2 said:
When you have to tell yourself not to squeal like a 12-year old when you see someone wearing a Popmart t-shirt. :reject:

oh man.... When I flying to Chicago for a show I had parked at one of those shuttle service things because it was cheaper than parking in the airport... Anyway, the driver asked me where I was headed and I told him to a U2 concert. At the next light, he stopped, turned around in the seat, and unbuttoned his work shirt to show me the Popmart shirt he had on underneath. I was like :eek: and reeealllly had to try not to squeal and go nuts. :|

When you go to the Apple Store and play with their iPods just to see what kind of U2 tracks they have stored on them.

You know you've OD'd on U2 when... you get mad at the producers of that "Primetime" Brad Pitt interview for only using one second of "One." Then the next day you tell everybody that was the best part of the show.

You know you've OD'd on U2 when... you sit through one of the worst flims ever made, "Taking Lives," just to hear "Bad." And the next day tell everybody that was the best part of the movie.

(Yes, I did all those things)

I have a photograph of Bono that I friend took when she was visiting Ireland (it was Bono during the JT era) and I brought it into work to show one of my co-worker that yes, I do have a photograph of Bono. An older co-worker, not quite hip on U2, saw it and asked me, "Is that your brother?"

Golightly Grrl said:
I have a photograph of Bono that I friend took when she was visiting Ireland (it was Bono during the JT era) and I brought it into work to show one of my co-worker that yes, I do have a photograph of Bono. An older co-worker, not quite hip on U2, saw it and asked me, "Is that your brother?"

to which you should have replied, "oh no, my lover!"

When you can instantly tell which tour the BTBS that comes up on shuffle is from, without having to look at iTunes.

hcbiggs2002 said:
....when...

...you look through every single music magazine at the newsagents just to find even the smallest article/snippet/photo/advertisement about U2!:coocoo:

I did this about 5 or 6 months ago and I managed to find an advertisment with the fattest letters U2 imaginable.
It was that very advertisment that got me my tickets for Cardiff!

So however crazy it might seem to do this keep going because the funder of the tickets just might give in! :D :D :D

Also i've done too many things on these lists to mention!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom