Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come January 12, the NBC Thursday night schedule won't feature our show. I'm not sure exactly what the ultimate repercussions of this are, but the schedule starting Jan. 12 will be:

30 Rock
Parks and Rec
Office
Up All Night

It doesn't mean that the show has been canceled yet, but fuck. Shitty news.

Move the show to another channel.

I came to AD after the fact, so this isn't a familiar feeling. It's not cancelled and will probably be back at one point or another in one form or another, but I don't know what to think at this point. What a bummer.

I'm gutted. I tweeted Dan Harmon.

Why are there so many stupid people in the world? Why is this going off-air when Two and a Half Fucking Men is still on??

EW says we can expect it will return later in the season.

And where's mobvok? Thought he'd be all over this by now. How was it rating over yonder?

Six seasons and a movie... :pray:

Alison Brie just tweeted:

@alsionbrie: Troy and Abed in the...summer??

She might not know a damn thing about this whole situation, but I'd actually be totally down with a summer season of Community.

I'm somewhat heartened by the lack of angry tweets from cast and crew. Someone called "the futon critic" reckons all 22 episodes are guaranteed to air. Someone else reckons because it's produced by Sony there's a good chance of it coming back since they campaigned for the (awful) Til Death to come back. Many people seem to think it'll definitely be back. I hope so.

Well this season was already a full order, it's just that this looks like one more nail in the coffin for the dream of getting a full four seasons. From what I've read it doesn't seem like it'll be off the air for long though. We can only pray that Whitney tanks a little further to have similar ratings to Community, because honestly which one would be more likely to be saved, the established show or the freshman? It'd have enough viewers to live on were it not airing against The Big Bang Theory, which I'm pretty sure is the #1 show on TV these days.

Of course if they had any brains they could run a 4th & final season on USA Network, it has more viewers than NBC does anyway. Seriously, how can this same company run the most pitiful network, and the highest rated cable channel simultaneously?

EW says we can expect it will return later in the season.

And where's mobvok? Thought he'd be all over this by now. How was it rating over yonder?

Six seasons and a movie... :pray:

oh man sorry I've been off playing Skyrim the last three days straight.

I guess the two options are, first is that the show is literally only not starting in January. Maybe NBC is holding it as a vulture show to swap in after a month or two if one of the new January shows just tank. Last season there were 13 episodes that aired in 2011 from January to May, and so with more time to build up "stock", NBC could air all 13 episodes in a row. Because May 31st is a Thursday, that means the latest Community could be "plugged in" is by mid March, or so (Technically March 8th if they stick to one-ep-a-week, but if they go until May 31st other NBC shows likely will have already had their season finales; in which case the late May episodes could be aired back-to-back in an hour block).

Or, airing it starting in June. Honestly, I'm thinking that's the end of the show if Community's doing the summer thing. Planning/production on the September shows starts in June/July, and NBC is making a renew/cancel decision in April/May for the fall shows. That means Season 3's second half ratings would have no effect on whether NBC picked it up or not, and based on the ratings to date I'm not sure why fans of a low-rated show being booted to summer should have much reason for optimism. A bit of good news, however, is that knowing this in November gives Harmon and company the chance model the season finale as if it might be the series finale, in which case we at least get some closure.

Alison Brie, man. Whew.

I guess I'm more upset because this is the first time I've ever followed a show in real time and got really attached, and it's in danger of being cancelled. Almost everything else, I've come to after the fact.

Reading the comments on the AVClub's article was funny. Great referencing.

This is pretty cool

424616189.gif

I shut it off because I don't like texting or tweeting with capitalization. It's too formal. So now you'll know when I'm on my iPhone here, based on whether or not there's capitalization.

I shut it off because I don't like texting or tweeting with capitalization. It's too formal. So now you'll know when I'm on my iPhone here, based on whether or not there's capitalization.
i likes it.

i still can't believe that at the very least it'll be on hiatus. why? like with sales figures for music, i don't pay attention to ratings at all but it can't be their lowest rated show. move it to friday night for all i care, when supposedly no one watches tv.

Yeah, like having sex with women.

Stressed out Annie :drool::drool::drool:

cobbler I'm all with you there, but I downloaded some screen captures and found she's doing some serious crazy eye during the Stockholm scene:

qGMjR.jpg

awww who am I kidding?

6vKFN.jpg

JYZyW.jpg

OucWC.jpg

yGQwf.jpg

EQyKm.jpg

ok, that's a little crazy

Community has this mode that first surfaced in the back half of Season 2 that just pushes me away: it feels like the momentum of the episode comes to a screeching halt as Dan Harmon has characters spontaneously start monologing and spoonfeeding personal background to the audience. Annie did it in the Drug Play episode, and as soon as Jeff started confessing to Shirley I got a real bad feeling.

I loved Ruxin/Nick Kroll, and adore his delivery of "if only there was a word in my language for feeling joy at the expense of others?" Annie's Batman impression. That was fun.

My favorite episodes feel effortless, like Calligraphy. A lot of this episode felt strained.

If the DVD was that important/valuable, why did Abed and Troy carelessly leave it lying around?

Loved Abed as batman and the absence of Britta was a great relief but the rest felt forced. Still glad to see it though . The current season of the office is getting more laughs from me even without Steve carrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom