Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Keep Talking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what bothers me the most about Lost+ is waiting for Jay Z to show up, at least have him add some "yeah"s and "uh-huh, uh-huh"s every now and then or something...

Also, I'm not hearing a big difference with the Lovers In Japan remix either, other than the beat...

so... I downloaded it...

Life In Technicolor II :love:... the music of that song continues to amze me and leave me wanting for more... and the chorus is great.. the rest of the lyrics not so much

Postcards From Far Away: cute, but meh

Glass of Water: the beat's the only thing I like

Rainy Day: what the hell did they made to Chris' voice at the beggining? :|

Prospekt March: :love: absolutely :love: beautiful and soft... great great song, THE reason to have this album

Lost+: :| x infinity... I don't know the affinity of people to Jay-Z... the only good thing about him is him nailing Beyoncé

Lovers In Japan (Osaka Sun Mix): ... is that the same song?

Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground: nice little song, like 'Till Kingdome Come, and like VIVA LA VIDA, again ending with the beggining.. that's cool

If I have to choose, I choose LIT II, PFFA, PM and NMFWTTG... and of those, I really pick LIT II and PM

the rest of the songs are forgettable and, in the case of Lost+, buriable

I still like VIVA LA VIDA more

and I don't know if applaud or hate the fact that they have 4 songs that are the same song... Life In Technicolor, LIT II, The Escapist and NMFWTTG

but they sure have a lot of options to open and close their shows, that's for sure

Rating: 6 , just too much dead weight

Last edited:
Lost+: :| x infinity... I don't know the affinity of people to Jay-Z... the only good thing about him is him nailing Beyoncé

It's good for him, but not for many others, as they'd much rather be doing the nailing.....

Prospekt's March / Poppy Fields is gorgeous.....reminds me of old school Coldplay.....

Glass Of Water ain't doing much for me yet. I can see it's appeal but it's got that fashionable wierd beat thing happening that everyone seems to be crazy for....sounds a bit contrived.

Rainy Day is delightful.

Lovers In Japan (Osaka) is pointless.

I can also see why they opted to go with Life In Technicolour as an instrumental as well.

EP should have been:

1. Life In Technicolour II
2. Postcards From Far Away
3. Glass Of Water
4. Rainy Day
5. Prospekt's March / Poppy Fields
6. A Spell A Rebel Yell
7. Death Will Never Conquer
8. Now My Feet Wont Touch The Ground

I'm still not sure what I think of this

LIT >>> LIT II

Jay Z's cameo on Lost+ is pointless and overshadows my favourite part of the song

Postcards From Far Away sounds really pretty but is way too short

Lovers in Japan while sounding better than the album version doesn't seem worthy of being on the EP; which they used that mix on the album though

Prospekt's March is the best song on it easily, I really love it

The rest the jury's still out on

I liked the new mix of Lovers In Japan. I think that U2 fans are so stigmatised with the term "remix" that we were expecting a 7-minute techno extravaganza which only resembles the original song by repeated vocal loops and perhaps a small bit of music. That mix, like the Oasis remixes from their DOYS bonus disc, is a breath of fresh air in the remix biz. At least to me.

I liked the new mix of Lovers In Japan. I think that U2 fans are so stigmatised with the term "remix" that we were expecting a 7-minute techno extravaganza which only resembles the original song by repeated vocal loops and perhaps a small bit of music. That mix, like the Oasis remixes from their DOYS bonus disc, is a breath of fresh air in the remix biz. At least to me.

I thought it sounded exactly the same, but that's just me.

I thought it sounded exactly the same, but that's just me.

I'm not listening to it at the moment, but my impression was that it was sped up a bit, additional drums were added (or just brought up in the mix), and the mix itself (levels and shit) were a bit different. More like a sped-up alternate mix. But like I said, I'm not listening now, nor did I listen to them ass-to-ass.

I'm not listening to it at the moment, but my impression was that it was sped up a bit, additional drums were added (or just brought up in the mix), and the mix itself (levels and shit) were a bit different. More like a sped-up alternate mix. But like I said, I'm not listening now, nor did I listen to them ass-to-ass.

Listening to them ass-to-ass is really the only way.

I think the reason the chorus of "Glass of Water" works is because the vocals aren't ridiculously high in the mix.

Listening to them ass-to-ass is really the only way.

DON'T CROSS THE THREADS!!!

crossed.jpg

New backing vocals as well

It's a much better mix overall I think

I certainly agree with that review.

I don't know how you can consider him a 'great songwriter', inte.

Wait for the who-the-fuck-does-this-reviewer-think-he-is thread to pop up in EYKIW about the line "While Bono hasn't written an astounding lyric in ages, there was a time when his universal maxims rang true and felt close."

Wait for the who-the-fuck-does-this-reviewer-think-he-is thread to pop up in EYKIW about the line "While Bono hasn't written an astounding lyric in ages, there was a time when his universal maxims rang true and felt close."

They'll argue that four years qualifies as ages:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom