Charlotte, NC Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miringeltje said:

I think it's all humidity related.
In the Netherlands there are more thunderstorms during summer as well.

I hate how humid it can get here sometimes. You can always feel when a thunderstorm's about to burst upon you, heh.

Yeah, you can tell as soon as you set a step outside, that there's athunderstorm brewing!

Allright, I'm heading out now to take a short nap.
I believe I have a 9:00 AM meeting with someone to go over my finances.

:wave:

Miringeltje said:

Happy Birthday.
That's the only song I haven't heard at any of my shows.
:wink:
Just kidding.

:lol:

OOTS.
I got to hear it's debut (SJ2) and really believed they would play it at at least one of the Oakland shows, which didn't happen.

I'd like to hear the new version. I'm surprised how it was only played once in the month after U2 appeared on Conan's show, but I like how it's regular now. Beautiful Day --> OOTS is nice. I felt due to their stylistic similarities, Beautiful Day and Miracle Drug were better when New Year's Day came between them.

I heard the first leg version of OOTS at my second show in Boston and I'd love to hear this new one, which is how I think it should've really been done all along.

Miringeltje said:
Allright, I'm heading out to take a short nap.
I believe I have a 9:00 AM meeting with someone to go over my finances.

:bye:

Have a good one! :wave:

OK, one last post.

Yes, I would love to hear how they're playing OOTS now.
When they played it at SJ2, it definitely wasn't planned.
It was after One and the band had already said their goodbyes.
Larry and Adam had left the stage.
Bono called the Edge over for a little discussion.
Then walked to the stairs to call down for Larry and Adam to come back.
The song started with the Edge on piano and Bono singing.
Larry kicked in later on the drums.
And Adam appears to be playing as well.
But I don't really hear the bass to tell you the truth.
Have you heard a clip or seen a video of this, Ax?
You probably have, right.

Really off now.

I think I have the bootleg of that performance in San Jose ... yes, I do, but I haven't played it in aaages, so I don't remember what it was like, to be honest. Sounds awesomely spontaneous, though!

bono_man2002 said:

Work = Makes Australian Tour Possible.

You'll use any excuse. :tsk:

Why am I posting later than midnight? Because I can't sleep. :sad:

I'm home! What a whirlwind trip! I'm glad the stream worked out.

I have to say, my fandom of this band has provided me with quite a few "I can't believe that just happened" moments. Standing in the rain in mid-30 degree weather waiting for the band to show up and being waved at by Jesse Helms was one of those kinda moments.

And does John Sampson have a fan club? 'Cause he needs one. He came out and apologized for Bono and gave us all sorts of information about why the band was running late. It wasn't necessary that he told us what was going on, I mean, he didn't have to say anything to us at all, but it really was great that he did.

He told us that Bono was supposed to have lunch with Jesse Helms earlier that day but either forgot or had gotten his schedule mixed up. He was then supposed to meet with him before the show but he was running half an hour late so he wouldn't be able to stop and meet with us. He was also supposed to meet with Billy Graham in the afternoon but Billy's helicopter was having mechanical troubles and he didn't show up.

As for the show, it was a typical U2 show - which is pretty darn great! It did start early and was over by 11. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread about Bono dropping an f-bomb. I didn't hear it. In fact, it seemed like he went out of his way to keep it clean. For example, in the intro to Sometimes where he usually says the line about his father telling him to take off the fucking shades, he changed the line to "stupid shades".

The birthday thing was for Frank Sinatra. He said that Frank told him for his b-day, he wanted him to sing for someone named Shaka or Shake-a. I have no idea who or what that is. Maybe there's a Sinatra scholar who can define that for us.

Bono thanked the Nascar people for working with them on the one campaign and Theresa Earnhart(?) was there. I'm not familar with Nascar so I'm not sure who that is.

I didn't have super seats so I didn't get any great shots, but here's one of the full band...
fullband50.jpg

glad you made it home safe & sound U2Dork. How random was it that you were sitting next to :censored: :lmao: Thank You SO MUCH for streaming!!! :bow:

It's a friggin' small world sometimes, isn't it? Her husband told me what was going on and I got all excited and said "I'm doing the same thing for Interference!" She just kinda went "oh..." and then smiled and nodded at me :lol:

My dog had surgery today so I am going back to the pet thing from earlier. She had a massive lump on her paw removed. She lives with my parents as she doesn't like my house for some reason. I have brought her to the vet the last few times and so she hates my car, and as she was here before and after her op she now hates my house even more. I had her blanket and put cushions on the floor etc. and all she did was sit by the bloody door all doped up and still knowing she wanted to go home. Made me feel great....but her paw looks so much more like a paw now and not all weird. She is so cute...cranky but cute.

can you tell I am bored

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom