Campaigning for U2 at the Wal-Mart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Scenario: It's 11 O'Clock, I'm just off from work. I've almost finished book 3 of the Wheel of Time, and my book store doesn't have book 4. So I head down to the Wal Mart to see if by chance they have a copy. No luck. So I mosey over to the CDs and a kid, looking really confused, is rummaging through the CDs. He couldn't be more than 2 years younger than me, but he was still a kid. I see what he has in his hands, and almost rush over to give him a sales pitch. The kid is holding Zooropa, and reading the back. He then goes over and picks up the Stone Temple Pilots "Tiny Music..." I walk up behind him, beginning to "watch the TV". As I softly mutter the words to Zooropa. The kid puts down STP and begins to read the back of the U2 CD again. "Zooropa... be all that you can be..." and then he goes and buys it!! Woo hoo! It probably had nothing to do with me, but maybe it did.

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I walk up behind him, beginning to "watch the TV". As I softly mutter the words to Zooropa. The kid puts down STP and begins to read the back of the U2 CD again. "Zooropa... be all that you can be..." and then he goes and buys it!! Woo hoo! It probably had nothing to do with me, but maybe it did.

If I was him, I would have thought you were gonna kill me. *lmao*
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Here's a tip: give up on the Wheel of Time now. You're gonna be really annoyed when you finally finish and then you have to wait a year for book 18 to finally come out.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Here's a tip: give up on the Wheel of Time now. You're gonna be really annoyed when you finally finish and then you have to wait a year for book 18 to finally come out.

Anticipation is a pain, but I can't stop now. I'm only on the Dragon Reborn, anyway

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Heh. I read those a long time ago, waited for book 7 to come out. Read it. And then just stopped caring. If you like books like that, I would highly recommend any work by Guy Gavriel Kay.

Back
Top Bottom