Bono's inner circle condemns the Mail's sleazy bikini spin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The girls weren't just fans Bono met on the beach. One stated on Facebook that Bono and Simon (?) were in town and had called her so they "might have a plan". She also told the press she'd known Bono for years and they were friends. So I don't think it's the same situation as just bumping into fans at a club or on the beach. I'm sure it was all innocent, because Bono is just a friendly guy. But it did look kind of bad.

The girls weren't just fans Bono met on the beach. One stated on Facebook that Bono and Simon (?) were in town and had called her so they "might have a plan". She also told the press she'd known Bono for years and they were friends. So I don't think it's the same situation as just bumping into fans at a club or on the beach. I'm sure it was all innocent, because Bono is just a friendly guy. But it did look kind of bad.

yeah, this was already posted and i bet my life savings its a bunch of bull shit on their part. I don't buy it one bit.

just let it die people.

:lock:

yeah, this was already posted and i bet my life savings its a bunch of bull shit on their part. I don't buy it one bit.

just let it die people.

:lock:

Ah, not to be rude, and I'm sure this topic has probably run its course anyway, but why should it be locked? It seems like people here are discussing articles that appeared in the press about Bono in a civil manner. Is it not okay to discuss stuff in pleba unless it's drooling over the guys or saying how great they are?

Right, but it looked bad because of what THEY said and supposedly did, not Bono. I've even heard people on this board talk about Bono like they know him. And as the webmaster of the Ali page, I've gotten a fair share of random messages from people insisting they use to party with Bono, sleep with Bono, you name it. In fact most of what those weirdos were spewing was a lot worse than taking pics with some fan girls in bikinis. But the point is that anyone can say anything. It's just one person's word against another's.

Ah, not to be rude, and I'm sure this topic has probably run its course anyway, but why should it be locked? It seems like people here are discussing articles that appeared in the press about Bono in a civil manner. Is it not okay to discuss stuff in pleba unless it's drooling over the guys or saying how great they are?

:bow:

We are now discussing the searing issue of the day (Did Bono buy a haunted house?) to lighten the mood in this forum - join us there with a smile on your faces if you want. :hi5:

I think Bono and company are having a really good laugh over this whole thing. I mean, seriously - Bono seems to be a bit spacy sometimes, but he's far from stupid. D'you really think the media could catch him doing anything he shouldn't be if he really wanted to do something of the sort?

I wouldn't get upset, folks. The media is always looking to shock people. Especially if it's about someone like Bono, who's a decent guy. Western society just does not like a good guy being good. After all, he /has/ to be bad, deep down, right? :eyeroll:

Not to warm this issue up again, but I, too, believe that these girls actually had a plan. I don't buy this "he called us, we've known each other for years" crap. There is clearly a hidden agenda. She's posted the pictures on her facebook site to steer up controversy, and to boast about her "relationship" with Bono.

Not to warm this issue up again, but I, too, believe that these girls actually had a plan. I don't buy this "he called us, we've known each other for years" crap. There is clearly a hidden agenda. She's posted the pictures on her facebook site to steer up controversy, and to boast about her "relationship" with Bono.

I totally agree with you! I said this on the other thread about this issue that was locked, I never believed for one minute these girls claim that Bono called them to meet up, and more like as Guggi said that it was just a chance meeting at the bar! :shrug:

And did anyone notice the name of one of the girls, Ms Feick?! If it's pronounced like I think it is, Feick by name fake by nature! :rolleyes:

these girls are just looking for their "5 minutes of Fame" and have NO credibility. I feel they just used Bono and his friend. the whole thing is just a bunch of made up bullshit by those girls, it's pretty obvious when one of them lists their occupation as some sort of hoity-toity "party-planner", obviously she wanted the notoriety.

i reckon there is more to it...anyone who steps into the u2 world gets crushed or paid off...lola cashman, bp fallon and now these two girls who enjoyed a night on the tiles with bono and simon carmody. The quotes inthe Mail were pretty damning - the girls spent a whole day and night with simon and bono - simon is a single man - the girls were pretty hot!

anyone who steps into the u2 world gets crushed or paid off...lola cashman, bp fallon and now these two girls who enjoyed a night on the tiles with bono and simon carmody.

"anyone" being all four people.... in the grand scheme of U2's career I'd say that speaks for itself.

I could add to the list but won't...I could mention the various Universal execs, Glen Hansard...

he should just fall on the sword but obviously won't. He doesn't want to do anything to tarnish his saintly public persona.

This issue should be put to rest, really. I can't believe there is still a discussion going on about it. It's tabloid trash. I'm shocked some fans fall for this crap. :doh:

This issue should be put to rest, really. I can't believe there is still a discussion going on about it. It's tabloid trash. I'm shocked some fans fall for this crap. :doh:

Good idea - lets impose a blanket ban on discussing something and curtail freedom of speech...lets bury it like the U2 PR machine want us to.

I'd say RMP and Principal Management would love you for it...

Are you paranoid or what?

Or just jealous because Bono gets the hot chicks and you don't?

Or just a troll?

I think I'll go for option C.

Purely jealous that he gets hot chicks and an understanding wife and a fan base who won't believe it when its reported :up::up:

Good idea - lets impose a blanket ban on discussing something and curtail freedom of speech...lets bury it like the U2 PR machine want us to.

I'd say RMP and Principal Management would love you for it...

:lol: Sorry, but this is so ridiculous. Bad, bad U2 and PM! I guess Bono may have seen better articles about himself, but I don't think this is going to destroy his reputation. And I think the "U2 PR machine" is not all powerful in controlling the media (otherwise this wouldn't have been published ;))... We'll never know what happened that day and to be honest I don't really care! The only thing that slightly confuses me is that the girls were on Edge's yacht (but on the other hand- it could be anyone's yacht and anyone's green hat). It's Bono's private life and as long as his family + friends can deal with it, I definitely can, too! (And I guess that's why Last Unicorn thinks it's not worth talking about anymore...)

EDIT: @ brianvox- well, why didn't you choose the picture from the same occasion that shows Bono's daughter in the background?? :huh:

Bona Vox, no, because I prefer this one

2008-07-10-cruzbono.jpg

In fairness he looks pretty good in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom