Bono's Dancing Girls VII - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome that they got pulled up! :) :up:

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding *Ally*, Jeff just said that he saw them talking about picking up their band tickets and wondering what they were going to do because they couldn't pick up the tickets until 6:30 and GA would have gone in....but maybe it was someone else who looked like her?

It seemed to make sense to me at the time that they would give her tickets since she was part of the DVD.

Oh well. :shrug:

Mrs. Edge said:
That's awesome that they got pulled up! :) :up:

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding *Ally*, Jeff just said that he saw them talking about picking up their band tickets and wondering what they were going to do because they couldn't pick up the tickets until 6:30 and GA would have gone in....but maybe it was someone else who looked like her?

It seemed to make sense to me at the time that they would give her tickets since she was part of the DVD.

Oh well. :shrug:

no worries, Mrs. Edge. :hug: maybe it was other people she was talking about, or maybe something was misheard. i didn't mean to jump on you- i just wanted to set the record straight b/c this is how rumors get started! khelia is not in any way 'hooked up' with tickets- she gets them the same way we all do (fanclub, ticketmaster, trading, ebay, etc.).

Thanks *Ally* :hug: I wasn't trying to stir things up, just thought it was interesting. (and oh, wouldn't be wonderful just to get tickets directly from the band!)

I'm sure she will have memories to last a lifetime from this tour! :yes:

Mrs. Edge said:
Thanks *Ally* :hug: I wasn't trying to stir things up, just thought it was interesting. (and oh, wouldn't be wonderful just to get tickets directly from the band!)

I'm sure she will have memories to last a lifetime from this tour! :yes:

i know you weren't trying to cause controversy! :hug: it's just that lots of people are so caught up in this whole dancing girls thing, so i wanted to clear things up. it would indeed be AWESOME to get tickets from the band... :drool: i've never heard of such a thing, though. maybe getting tickets from the crew wouldn't be so far-fetched (haven't heard of that, either), but from bono himself?? :eek: :wink:

Last edited:
It was 10/7 I was there and Does anyone know how many times the twins were on stage. I am curious, and I love reading peoples stories.....:happy: I'm truly happy for all who have been up on stage its nice that people can experience euphoria!!!:wink:

I'm not jealous at all I would never get up there I dont have the confidence to do it and I have stated this in an earlier thread. I have nothing but admiration for those that can.
But I can fully understand why people question the amount of times the same fans get pulled up you either have to be front rail in the ellipse or on the runway for him to really see you in a crowd. Or second row in?

Allright, but please there are already enough threads at the general tour section of this site discussing about that.
It's not needed to start here too.

This thread is for posting pictures of the dancing girls and for the dancing girls themselves to post their story if they wish to do so.

Miringeltje said:
Allright, but please there are already enough threads at the general tour section of this site discussing about that.
It's not needed to start here too.

This thread is for posting pictures of the dancing girls and for the dancing girls themselves to post their story if they wish to do so.

Discussing what?
Its a comment like many others have done whats wrong with that?

This is only a fun thing that Bono does its not serious!

*Ally* said:

i can say with 100% certainty that Khelia has NEVER gotten tickets from the band. ever. (she's one of my best friends, and i know how she's gotten all of her tickets.)

Where did her Dec. 4 tickets come from then? :eyebrow:

I never post on here but with the Twins getting on stage in Portland it's time to break my silence... HOORAY!!!! I couldn't have been more happy for anyone to get up on stage. It was about damn time! I jumped up and down screaming like an idiot when he pulled them up. It definitely was the high point of the show for me.

Love you girls!!!

Dyann

Ah there you are. I've been waiting to ask you this question. Hey DVD girl, do you consider Bono having that big tall bouncer looking dude walk you into the building through the employee entrance and eventually into the ellipse as NOT getting tickets from the band? I’m a male so I don’t care. However, that NY show was one of the hardest shows to get tickets to. If it was anyone else, they would have been SOL. If I had known all I have to do is go to Bono and say hey I don’t have tickets to tonight’s show, I would have done that from the tour opener. But I don’t have tits a round ass or estrogen. Good that she was able to use her assets to get what she wants. I get to see more skin at concerts than the beach. But when does it become about the music. I think it stopped being about the music a long time ago, for a lot of people.

4th rock? 4th rock? Everyone knows that Dec. 4th tickets were only available for trade on 4th rock. BTW, more than one person heard you say time to go pick up band tickets. You don’t seem to be observant of your surroundings or even care.

need some help girls :)

i'm getting videos of every girl on stage from u2rulesmyworld soon. now i'm trying to put together a list for all Leg 3 concerts. the fact that i've not been to any, makes it a bit harder :huh:

so could the people who have been to the concerts just let me know if i've got all people on that list, or if i'm missing anybody?
if i've put a question mark, it just means i don't know the name of that person, let me know if you can help me out there as well

09/12 – Toronto – Amarpreet (Wowy)
09/14 – Toronto – Jessica (Bad)
09/16 – Toronto – Menew (Out of control)
09/17 – Toronto - ??
09/20 – Chicago - //// None
09/21 – Chicago – Miroslava (Fast cars)
09/23 – Minneapolis – Erika (Elevation) & ? (Wowy)
09/25 – Milwaukee - ? (Wowy)
10/03 – Boston - ? (Elevation) & ? (Wowy)
10/04 – Boston – Maria (Wowy)
10/07 – New York – Kimla (Fast Cars) & Dan (Electric. Co) & Mary (Wowy)
10/08 – New York – Jilly, her sister & ? (Wowy)
10/10 – New York - ??
10/11 – New York – Khelia (Fast Cars) & ? (Sunday bloody Sunday)
10/14 – New York – Alli (Fast Cars & Wowy)
10/16 – Philadelphia – Owen (BTBS) & Catharine (Wowy) & ? (Streets)
10/17 – Philadelphia - ??
10/19 – Washington - ? (Wowy) & ? (Sunday bloody Sunday)
10/20 – Washington - ? (Wowy)
10/22 - Pittsburgh - 2 boy (Sunday bloody sunday) & Alin (Party Girl)
10/24 – Detroit – Tayonni (Wowy)
10/25 – Detroit – Gabriel (ISHFWILF)
10/28 – Houston - ? (Wowy)
10/29 – Dallas – Sunjay (Angel of Harlem) & Laura (Wowy)
11/01 – Los Angeles – DD (Wowy) & Exit (Out of control)
11/02 – Los Angeles - ? (Wowy)
11/04 – Las Vegas - ? (Wowy)
11/05 – Las Vegas – Alli (Mysterious Ways)
11/08 – Oakland – Irene (Mysterious Ways)
11/09 – Oakland - ? (Wowy) & Courtney (Fast Cars)
11/13 – Miami – Silvia (Wowy)
11/14 – Miami – Lisette (Wowy)
11/16 – Tampa - ? (OOTS) & ? (Wowy) & Joey (Yahweh & 40)
11/18 – Atlanta – Lisa (Wowy)
11/19 – Atlanta – ? (Mysterious Ways)
11/21 – New York - ? (Sunday bloody Sunday) & ? (Wowy)
11/22 – New York – Sarah (Mysterious Ways)
11/25 – Ottawa – Thomas (Sunday bloody Sunday) & ? (Wowy)
11/26 – Montreal - ? (Wowy)
11/28 – Montreal - Shaynar (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)
12/04 – Boston – 16 people with flags (One) & Mary (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)
12/05 – Boston – Santa (Christian), Elvis (Mysterious Ways) & Ryan (40)
12/07 – Hartford – Jacob (Sunday bloody Sunday)
12/09 – Buffalo - ? (Sunday bloody Sunday) & ? (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)
12/10 – Cleveland – Julia (Sunday bloody Sunday) & Miroslava (Wowy)
12/12 – Charlotte - ? (Elevation) & Dana (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)
12/14 – St. Louis - ? (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)
12/15 – Omaha – Aisha (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)
12/17 – Salt Lake City – Khelia (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)
12/19 – Portland – LaTwins (Mysterious Ways & Wowy)

Last edited:
iluvbeerandu2 said:
BTW, more than one person heard you say time to go pick up band tickets. You don’t seem to be observant of your surroundings or even care. [/B]

Hey!

Just got back from Portland. It was an amazing experience. It was our second time on rail this tour and we were so surprised when Bono wanted the both of us on stage. It was so much fun and we will never forget it! :)

FYI: Just to clarify for everyone on interference, those BAND tickets that some people are claiming were for the DVD girl, they were actually OURS. :) We were trying to figure out how we could get the tickets earlier to get back into the GA line before the doors opened(Boston, Oct 3) and were talking to her about it in line.

We have to APOLOGIZE to the DVD GIRL about the band tix confusion. She doesn't deserve this and we should have spoken up sooner. Hope this sets things straight around here.

Happy Holidays to everyone here.

lots of love....

p.s. Hey Dyann!! Love you too. :)

I had tickets for New York and they were stolen (along with everything else in my backpack) the morning the concert. You can ask anyone who was in the front of the line - there were plenty of interferencers there. I was walked into the show on the second night in New York as a replacement for the tickets that had been stolen. The first night I waited like everyone else.

As for Boston, I did get them off 4th rock. Allidreamsoutloud and I bought a pair of ticketfast. Everyone was trying to trade Boston for New York and most were unsuccessul. Once they were unable to trade, they were willing to sell.

As for the personal attacks, isnt it more than a bit insincere to use low blows and then use "its about the music" as a excuse?

Ok, I'm really confused. How does one get "band" tickets, and wow... That's incredible that they just walked you in, Harlequinn. How did they know you had lost your tickets? Color me envious! :ohmy:

forty said:
Ok, I'm really confused. How does one get "band" tickets, and wow... That's incredible that they just walked you in, Harlequinn. How did they know you had lost your tickets? Color me envious! :ohmy:

A friend of ours knows someone from the crew. Also sometimes even ETS tickets say BAND on them. So, there are many ways to have BAND on tix without even being directly connected to the band. :)

About her stolen tickets... a lot of fans were there when her bag was stolen in line. So they can validate that horrible event. NYC is a hard ticket to get so when she told Bono what had occured, he took care of it. He recognizes her so she told him the truth and that's it. That was the only time it's ever happened to her. There are MANY fans out there that have been walked into the shows without ticket or even with tickets. :yes:

Hope that answers your question. :)

Off to bed. Night.

lol. Okay. I sure wish I could've asked Bono personally for Montreal tickets or something. LOL. That's just... wow. That's really incredible. Thanks for the info.

*Ally* said:

it would indeed be AWESOME to get tickets from the band... :drool: i've never heard of such a thing, though. maybe getting tickets from the crew wouldn't be so far-fetched (haven't heard of that, either), but from bono himself?? :eek: :wink:

During the Elevation tour, when U2 came to Belgium, Bono visited Walter Beirendonck (disigner of the POp costumes) and a girl came up to him there, saying she never got through to get tix. (it was indeed very difficult to get tix here)
Bono told her to give her name to his assistant and she got 2 tix, ready for her at the entrance of the venue.

I think the assistant was infact Sharon, which makes sence as they were visiting a clothing designer.
I only saw little clips of this after the show cus when this actually happened I was already inside the venue (hubbie was so nice to tape anything u2 related that came on the news :wink: )

So it's not impossible to get tix from Bono in person.
All you have to do is be in the right place at the right time ;)

Okay, I'm daft. I just made the connection that Harlequinn is the "DVD girl". Sorry about my slowness! lol

However, there seem to be a few people making serious charges against you and others. I have no idea if any of it's true or not, and I want to ask you honestly and without starting a flame war. I have nothing against you personally and I'm not some fan who thinks they were "gipped" or something (hell, I consciously chose seats over GA, so I have no grounds to complain).

1) How did you talk to Bono in NYC and let him know about your ticket situation? Do you have some sort of direct line of communication to him, or did you just let him know at a meet & greet or something before the show?

2) Does Bono pull you up multiple times just for the heck of it, or is it because he recognizes you and knows you'll be calm and know the drill? I'm honestly curious about this – perhaps it’s the reason he pulls up repeats at certain shows instead of fans who might freak out or something. Does he know that you'll be in a certain spot in the ellipse or along the rail?

3) Now that the NA tour has come to an end, do you have any tips for the rest of us of on how to get into the ellipse or those great spots on the rail? How did you manage to keep getting those spots? Is it luck, good timing perseverance or a combination of those things? lol

4) The hardest question of all. Why are people saying that you and a few friends sometimes cut/butted into GA lines, handed out ellipse wristbands to friends, etc. Is there any truth to this?

And yeah, that's it. Again, I don't want to come off as offensive. I'm just honestly curious to know, and want to hear both sides of the story before I make any kind of judgement.

Harlequinn said:

I bought them off 4th rock.

Next time you decide to eavsdrop you should try listening to the whole conversation

My ears do not lie.

I am not sure who 4th rock is...but did you buy tickets from someone who got tickets from the band then?

:eyebrow:

Someone in the group had tickets from the band. there was concern about what time the tickets come up from "the band"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom