Bono's Dancing Girls VII - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:
c6118231.jpg

Damn, are we a hot bunch or what? :wink:

And not ONE Edge girl???? WHY didn't I have GA and a flag????

:scream:

It's probably lucky though, I might have knocked him over.

u2forlife said:

With all the Adam girls and Bono girls on stage at one time, I'm surprised these two men are still standing.

Bahston was OUT OF CONTROL!

u2forlife said:

Ok, I'm off. Gotta go piss the night away with Digsy, Mishka (AKA BOOM BOOM girl) and Alex. Flavia, we still haven't heard about your meeting with Bono and the kiss :hyper:

Tell them I would love to be in NY with me at the moment drinking Apple Martinis like mad! :D

Now, onto my Bono story.

On Monday evening, before the show, Digsy, UkTan, Wendy and myself decided to go for a stroll. We were near the hotel were the band was staying so we thought we might to see check if they were around.

When we got there, there were a small bunch of people waiting on the opposite street. We waited on the corner and got chatting to one of the drivers.

When we noticed they were going to come out, we crossed the street and joined the crowd.

Adam was the first to come out and he looked as stunning as usual. Digsy got her album signed but Tanya and myself stayed back.

Then Edge came out and I was standing next to him but for some weird reason, I went blank and all I could do was stare at him. DAMN! Am I stupid or what? lol He looked absolutely great. You gotta love that man!

And then my man comes out. He came straight to our side and started signing stuff. When eh was standing in front of us, we said: Bono, you pulled us on stage last night with the flags. Thank you so much! It was the best night of our lives!
You should have seen the look on his face! All of the sudden, this huge grin appeared in his face and he said: The Flag Ship! We have to get our picture taken!

And so we did! After we got our pic taken, he turned around and kissed Digsy, UkTan and me. WOW! I swear I didn;t see that kiss coming! I was compltely baffles1

Di has the picture so when she goes back home to London (she is in NY at the moment), I'll aske her to post it!

:hyper: :D

kellyahern said:
I love this picture because it tells so many freaking stories of the flag ship :laugh:. Starting from left to right:
Edge is looking at us like, "You crazy mofos..." Antoinette has got the Italian flag. Turi001 (Sam) is wearing his Canada shirt so he's cool. Digsy (Dianne) is pulling at her South African flag because someone is stepping on it. Wendy is finally emerging from the crowd. Her little blond head popping up from the bottom of the photo before she literally landed on stage. Did she do a face plant or was I the only one? UKTan (Tanya; standing to the left of Flavia) is pulling at the Union Jack but doesn't realize that Bono is stepping on it. Flavia is caught smiling at Bono's arse. You had a good view, eh? Bono is stretching out to reach for the Zootopian banner because the poor thing almost didn't make it onstage. Boston Michelle (girl with BOOM on her chest) is :confused: because Becki (USA flag) is still left in the crowd. There is an empty gap between me and Boston Michelle, because Mishka made a bee-line for an Adam :kiss:. I'm trying to straighten my flag out after Murphy kindly dislodged it from underneath his foot. Stage jumper to my right is basking in our stage moment. It's all good. And PopMartijn (Marty) on the end is cool as a cucumber.

What a night! What an experience with all my friends.

Last edited:
u2forlife said:
I love this picture because it tells so many freaking stories :laugh:. Starting from left to right:
Edge is looking at us like, "You crazy mofos..." Antoinette has got the Italian flag. Turi001 (Sam) is wearing his Canada shirt so he's cool. Digsy (Dianne) is pulling at her South African flag because someone is stepping on it. Wendy is finally emerging from the crowd. Her little blond head popping up from the bottom of the photo before she literally landed on stage. Did she do a face plant or was I the only one? UKTan (Tanya; standing to the left of Flavia) is pulling at the Union Jack but doesn't realize that Bono is stepping on it. Flavia is caught smiling at Bono's arse. You had a good view, eh? Bono is stretching out to reach for the Zootopian banner because the poor thing almost didn't make it onstage. Boston Michelle (girl with BOOM on her chest) is :confused: because Becki (USA flag) is still left in the crowd. There is an empty gap between me and Boston Michelle, because Mishka made a bee-line for an Adam :kiss:. I'm trying to straighten my flag out after Murphy kindly dislodged it from underneath his foot. Stage jumper to my right is basking in our stage moment. It's all good. And PopMartijn (Marty) on the end is cool as a cucumber.

What a night! What an experience with all my friends.

Yay, know I know who everyone is! :) :dancing:

Wow!!! I didn't know you got a kiss too! What a weekend for you! You are going to be on a high for quite awhile. :yes:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Tell them I would love to be in NY with me at the moment drinking Apple Martinis like mad! :D

Now, onto my Bono story.

On Monday evening, before the show, Digsy, UkTan, Wendy and myself decided to go for a stroll. We were near the hotel were the band was staying so we thought we might to see check if they were around.

When we got there, there were a small bunch of people waiting on the opposite street. We waited on the corner and got chatting to one of the drivers.

When we noticed they were going to come out, we crossed the street and joined the crowd.

Adam was the first to come out and he looked as stunning as usual. Digsy got her album signed but Tanya and myself stayed back.

Then Edge came out and I was standing next to him but for some weird reason, I went blank and all I could do was stare at him. DAMN! Am I stupid or what? lol He looked absolutely great. You gotta love that man!

And then my man comes out. He came straight to our side and started signing stuff. When eh was standing in front of us, we said: Bono, you pulled us on stage last night with the flags. Thank you so much! It was the best night of our lives!
You should have seen the look on his face! All of the sudden, this huge grin appeared in his face and he said: The Flag Ship! We have to get our picture taken!

And so we did! After we got our pic taken, he turned around and kissed Digsy, UkTan and me. WOW! I swear I didn;t see that kiss coming! I was compltely baffles1

Di has the picture so when she goes back home to London (she is in NY at the moment), I'll aske her to post it!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I am so happy for you guys, Flavita chiquita!!
I was jumping up and down screaming out loud when I read the first posts about your experience (at home) !!

Soooo good to see the pix!
Good ol' Marty with the red cheeks :up:

You all look great!!!

PS.: Remind me to tag along with you on your next U2-gig, you seem to have good luck with you :D

I am still in shock over the entire thing. I have to thank the one who grabbed the banner from me during Streets...The banner has been on stage before (with other people) and I didn't want to bring it in, but the person who I was supposed to leave it with never got back to me so I guess it was destined to be there.

It was a strange night and great to be with you guys on stage. I don't think I am ever going to come down from the cloud of being on stage....I don't think you ever can

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Now, onto my Bono story.

:applaud:

from Dec 4th Mysterious Ways Girl

Hi everyone, I haven't posted before but I am the one Bono pulled up for Mysterious Ways on Sunday night in Boston.
I am still in shock, and have never been so unproductive at work for a week straight in my life!!
I just wanted to congratulate everyone who got on stage for One, introduce myself, and make a request for pictures or any links to pictures (I've been checking Flickr but I'm not a U2.com member). By the way Mrs Edge, you look awesome in your photos! I took a couple beginner bellydance classes a few years ago, but felt in no way equipped to bust out any now RUSTY moves in my street clothes and on the spot like that. Too bad, because had I actually thought I would possibly get pulled up for that song, I would have at least worn my hip belt!

daygloeyes2 and Varitek, thanks for the compliments!! You are sweet. And Varitek I am DYING to get a copy of that video. If I e-mail you my address would you burn it onto a CD for me?

My neck is still killing me from 2 consecutive days of staring up at the stage, I think also because I had a purse slung across my body, and that shoulder is the one that really hurts. Maybe all the jumping up and down and armraising plus the weight of the purse on that shoulder was too much for my neck. The price of being a groupie!! :)

Maybe I'll post my full story later this month-- I have to travel for work next week and I am so unprepared!!! Too much time on Cloud Nine with Bono!!

Re: from Dec 4th Mysterious Ways Girl

mgv99 said:
Hi everyone, I haven't posted before but I am the one Bono pulled up for Mysterious Ways on Sunday night in Boston.
I am still in shock, and have never been so unproductive at work for a week straight in my life!!
I just wanted to congratulate everyone who got on stage for One, introduce myself, and make a request for pictures or any links to pictures (I've been checking Flickr but I'm not a U2.com member). By the way Mrs Edge, you look awesome in your photos! I took a couple beginner bellydance classes a few years ago, but felt in no way equipped to bust out any now RUSTY moves in my street clothes and on the spot like that. Too bad, because had I actually thought I would possibly get pulled up for that song, I would have at least worn my hip belt!

daygloeyes2 and Varitek, thanks for the compliments!! You are sweet. And Varitek I am DYING to get a copy of that video. If I e-mail you my address would you burn it onto a CD for me?

My neck is still killing me from 2 consecutive days of staring up at the stage, I think also because I had a purse slung across my body, and that shoulder is the one that really hurts. Maybe all the jumping up and down and armraising plus the weight of the purse on that shoulder was too much for my neck. The price of being a groupie!! :)

Maybe I'll post my full story later this month-- I have to travel for work next week and I am so unprepared!!! Too much time on Cloud Nine with Bono!!

u were great!!!

it was awesome!!

sam b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom