Bono on World Cup commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swingn2thaMusic

The Fly
I was just watching ESPN and all of a sudden i heard the opening notes to COBL...then a few moments later Bono's voice starts talking about soccer (or football for the rest of the world:wink: ) just a little f.y.i. so all you U2/soccer fans keep an ear out for that commercial :D

Edited because I can't spell X(

Last edited:
I also heard him on ABC last night-back vocals for One Mary J Blige version-commercial for ABC-while David Blaine was on.

U2 and football is there something better ? :drool: Not counting ladies and sex of course :wink:

Galeongirl said:
>< is this available online for us non Us people?
http://soccernet.com/onegame/
Just click enter, and the thing will pop up.

And there are actually FOUR commercials, though the fourth one is not on the site yet (there's just a "Coming Soon" for it). There's a menu at the bottom of the popup. "Anthem" features City of Blinding Lights and Bono, "Cheerleaders" features Where the Streets Have No Name and Bono, and "Tartan Army" features I Will Follow, and ADAM CLAYTON.

:hyper:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

And there are actually FOUR commercials, though the fourth one is not on the site yet (there's just a "Coming Soon" for it). There's a menu at the bottom of the popup. "Anthem" features City of Blinding Lights and Bono, "Cheerleaders" features Where the Streets Have No Name and Bono, and "Tartan Army" features I Will Follow, and ADAM CLAYTON.

:bow: thank youuuuu!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:up: thanks

funny, i read Adam was a "soccerphobe" in an interview, cos Edge and Bono where watching Italy v England (i think) on TV, and Adam didnt go due to soccerphobeness. :lol:

"scotland didnt qualify, not even close." lol. :D

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

I'm impatient :reject: :wink:

takes forever, it still hasn't loaded

if you hit the enter thingy (not the one on your keyboard! click oin the button on the screen) it should show a loading bar... with how many percent it's loaded... after that it should work :)
it's pretty nice.. I hope we're gonna get that on tv here aswell!

:applaud: :applaud: Thank you! That was great. I gotta tell my dad to open that. He is a soccer nut!! Can't wait for the World Cup!!

I saw that 2 days ago. My brother was watching Sports Center and he pulled me in the room and said that it was Bono.

Wow! Thanks for that. :) (If Bono ever decides to use that voice for evil, I'm done for! :wink: )

I turned on ESPN this morning around 6:3O & the commercial with COBL was just coming on--AWESOME! Then when I got to work I listened to the others on ESPN. Bono's voice makes me melt. :drool: Still wondering about that One thing on ABC with MJB?

seajewel said:
Very Sexy Soccer Ad :ohmy:

:yes:

They must be trying to get more women to watch football... and I think it's working! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom