bono in boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripletmom

The Fly
[SIZE=3

I will be in Boston on 10/16, when Bono is speaking at the mortgage bankers association.
Anyone else interested in trying to see him/find him/meet him?
Any tips on how to do so?
This is a dream of mine!!!!!

tripletmom said:
[SIZE=3

I will be in Boston on 10/16, when Bono is speaking at the mortgage bankers association.
Anyone else interested in trying to see him/find him/meet him?
Any tips on how to do so?
This is a dream of mine!!!!! [/B]

Be very nice to security...
Don't scream at him
Don't grab at him
It would be good to have something he is associated with to sign.

Wow! We have already a thread to look at when he will be in boston! :hyper:
Buona fortuna, tripletmom!
trifoglioirlanda.jpg

Re: Re: bono in boston

JCOSTER said:

Be very nice to security...
Don't scream at him
Don't grab at him
It would be good to have something he is associated with to sign.

:ohmy:

Wow, a Bono User Manual. I'll take that with me next time I'm off to see the man.

Don't grab at him, instead let him grab at you.

:wink:

Just joking.

I wish all of you going to Boston good luck!!!!

Just out of curiosity cause I'm "out of the loop" on this, why on earth is he speaking at the mortgage bankers assn. meeting???

I live near Boston and am going to try to catch a glimpse! I have no idea how to go about it though. :sigh: Tripletmom, do you know the area where the convention center is? Any idea of where would be a good place to watch and wait???

sweetie said:
I'll be there too!!! Of course every time I've tried to get close enough to him for even an autograph I've failed :sad: But I'm not going to give up.

good luck to you and tripletmom!! i'm really excited for you both. :hyper: :hyper:

look forward to those pics! :camera:

sometimes i wish i could be a little speck of dust on his sunglasses... silly, i know

I'm gonna be there too, it's on my fall break. I've heard it's super early in the morning, does anyone know exactly? I know the area really well. Take the green line to the Hynes Convention Center stop (you can also walk easily from copley and copley area hotels). In terms of places to watch and wait, I've been thinking a lot about this, and I know the convention center fairly well. But it really depends on where the mortgage thing is - some parts of the center we may be able to get to to hang out at, like the elevators on the floor it's on. But there may be other entrances directly into the part of the center he'll be in, and he may go straight from the garage for example, so the driveway to the garage is also a possibility. Anyone else from Boston have any ideas?

Varitek said:
I'm gonna be there too, it's on my fall break. I've heard it's super early in the morning, does anyone know exactly? I know the area really well. Take the green line to the Hynes Convention Center stop (you can also walk easily from copley and copley area hotels). In terms of places to watch and wait, I've been thinking a lot about this, and I know the convention center fairly well. But it really depends on where the mortgage thing is - some parts of the center we may be able to get to to hang out at, like the elevators on the floor it's on. But there may be other entrances directly into the part of the center he'll be in, and he may go straight from the garage for example, so the driveway to the garage is also a possibility. Anyone else from Boston have any ideas?

I believe he is going to be speaking at the Veteran's Memorial auditorium on the 2nd level. Any ideas where would be the best place to wait?

He will be speaking at 830am.
I have been looking at the floor plan for the convention center but haven't been able to figure anything out yet.

jcoster- what are you referring to in your last post?
"what people to follow..."

I may try to go over there a few days before to check it out-(sounds like I'm planning a bank robbery!)

The Mortgage Banker's Association? What can he possibly be speaking about there? At least it's not likely that any of the homes built with DATA founds will be bought with dodgy adjustable rates, etc. J/K....

I think it's fair to say that Bono and Edge are "on tour" right now? Why the heck haven't they brought guitars? I'm suffering from U2 dehydration....:(

This is a quote from the MBA's website about speakers at this years convention...

"MBA has gathered influential and well respected business experts to help you understand how today's economic outlook impacts the future operations of your company. Return from this year's convention with new strategies to work smarter and revitalize your business. You cannot afford to miss this event: Your future depends on it."

found here:
http://events.mortgagebankers.org/94th_annual/default.html

Well we know Bono is well read on todays economics, as well as running a business smartly (considering U2 is also a business), not to mention he certainly knows his way about being a motivational speaker, so I guess they figure they could all learn something from him.

JCOSTER said:
You know what people to follow if you see them right?

haha now I do! And I know which people to run away from too. :wink:

brkngrrl said:

I believe he is going to be speaking at the Veteran's Memorial auditorium on the 2nd level. Any ideas where would be the best place to wait?

I'll do some thinking/asking around and get back to you closer to the 16th. That sounds way smaller than the big parts of the center, which means it might be easier to get close to, but the Hynes is crazy with moving walls and doors and stuff so it's really, really hard to predict. If he's speaking at 8:30 maybe we should all meet somewhere at 7?

As to what he is speaking about, perhaps ethical business practices in relation to development? I don't know...

http://www.mccahome.com/jhcc_flo_2nd.html

So the circular entrance at the bottom is what I believe is the main entrance. Looks like the South entrance is easier access to the Veterans Memorial hall.

But we also have to worry about the gazillion exits such as
http://www.advantageboston.com/HCC/LoadingDocks.asp
those lead into the elevators that take you up to the 2nd floor by the south entrance. So I think outside the elevators on the 2nd floor of the south entrance would be ideal but I don't know what the access would be like.

The S. Entrance I believe is the one that connects directly to the Prudential Mall, which would be the best way to get to the 2nd floor landing. But I don't know if it's open at 7-8am. Probably is on a weekday.

Edit: except if you DL the detailed pdf you will see that room 200, the blue room in the lower left, is labelled a dressing room. That's probably where he'd be...hmmm...and it's got a staircase that leads directly to it.

I'm back to square clueless.

Maybe we should just hang out in the 4 seasons lobby at 7am? Or meet for drinks there the night of the 15th?

Last edited:
tripletmom said:
He will be speaking at 830am.
I have been looking at the floor plan for the convention center but haven't been able to figure anything out yet.

jcoster- what are you referring to in your last post?
"what people to follow..."

I may try to go over there a few days before to check it out-(sounds like I'm planning a bank robbery!)

I can't explain it but if you run into Varitek she'll fill you in. It's basically the people that show up at various Bono events.

Varitek said:

haha now I do! And I know which people to run away from too. :wink:

I'll do some thinking/asking around and get back to you closer to the 16th. That sounds way smaller than the big parts of the center, which means it might be easier to get close to, but the Hynes is crazy with moving walls and doors and stuff so it's really, really hard to predict. If he's speaking at 8:30 maybe we should all meet somewhere at 7?

As to what he is speaking about, perhaps ethical business practices in relation to development? I don't know...

So, proud of you....the apple doesn't fall far from this tree. :giggle:

Oh boy! I work in Boston so I am going to try to check this out, but I am not very familiar with this area. I took a look at some of those maps and there seem to be way too many possibilities! I think meeting up and doing a "team effort" type of thing sounds like a good idea.

If Bono ever happens to make his rounds here where I live, I'll turn to you guys for some valuable advice on how to find and approach the man. :wink:

Until then all I have are the beautiful pictures, videos and reports from all of you who have seen and met him.

Sometimes it sucks living where I live, though most of the time it's quite great.

Varitek said:
Maybe we should just hang out in the 4 seasons lobby at 7am? Or meet for drinks there the night of the 15th? [/B]

I will be there too. Do you think he will be at the Four Seasons or the Ritz since they stayed there during the tour?

I jumped back into this to see if any ideas have cropped up. :D cheating I know. Considering its a public building, I'm assuming we can just walk in. But then again, its a private event so maybe we'll only be able to meander so far before we have to turn away. So the trick is to find out where Bono will be entering the building. :hmm:

On the other hand, would it make more sense to try to catch him on the way out rather than on the way in? Considering that he's always very last minute.

I am still trying to figure out which hotel he'll be in. I forget the one the band "always" uses when in town. The locatioon of that may dictate what entrance he comes in as some of the hotels directly connect to the convention center.

I am getting excited and my Bono dreams are happening again ( or I should say more frequently now):drool: :drool: :drool: :wink: :heart: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom