Bono´s comeback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thavidesco

Refugee
I´m very impressed by the vocals Bono delivers night after night. The improvement on the new record was major, but he prooves it every night live in 23 songs run. His only struggle remains the falsetto. Except that, he is in top form. I´m still amazed how much he recovered from Pop or Elevation tour, where he seemed to be finished. I haven´t figured out what was the trick of his comeback, if he stopped smoking or he did some voice training. Big credit for what he is able to do in his age and how much he leads the band with his voice during the shows.
:applaud:

He sounded terrible during Elevation Tour -- said no one.

Bono sounded completely rejuvenated at the Elevation I saw compared to POPMart. He barely made it through that show.

Granted that Vertigo was again a big step forward.

I´m very impressed by the vocals Bono delivers night after night. The improvement on the new record was major, but he prooves it every night live in 23 songs run. His only struggle remains the falsetto. Except that, he is in top form. I´m still amazed how much he recovered from Pop or Elevation tour, where he seemed to be finished. I haven´t figured out what was the trick of his comeback, if he stopped smoking or he did some voice training. Big credit for what he is able to do in his age and how much he leads the band with his voice during the shows.
:applaud:

Especially after being back from such serious injuries (i.e. bone sticking out of his arm and some nerve damage) in such short time and doing this night after night

He sounded terrible during Elevation Tour -- said no one.

He had a sweetness to his voice back then. His range needed time to recover, but I really liked where he went with the notes at the time. Hard to explain. I liked his voice on Elevation a lot.

He had a sweetness to his voice back then. His range needed time to recover, but I really liked where he went with the notes at the time. Hard to explain. I liked his voice on Elevation a lot.

Definitely had a certain personality that has been lost since. I think he sounds better now of course but he did sound very unique during the Elevation tour.

Definitely had a certain personality that has been lost since. I think he sounds better now of course but he did sound very unique during the Elevation tour.

Yes, that´s right, he had unique voice in every era, his voice keeps on changing, like Adam´s haircut :)

At Elevation it was raspier, shaky, cracking, thin.

I remember when my voice changed between the ages of 11-13. There was a certain sweetness to my voice before that.

Do you guys have to ruin every thread with your nonsense? Keep on topic.

His voice has definitely improved on this tour, one of the first things I noticed.

Still, I think the band was at their peak performance level on ZooTV.

What ever happened to kermit? It's changed so much over the years. It's had its ups and downs. Odd really how it's come back.

It's scary listening to Lovetown bootlegs. Sure he was destroying his voice but wow it sounded good at times.

What ever happened to kermit? It's changed so much over the years. It's had its ups and downs. Odd really how it's come back.

It's scary listening to Lovetown bootlegs. Sure he was destroying his voice but wow it sounded good at times.

Great point, though imagine how awesome a Michael McDonald phase would be. :drool:

Lovetown was great, but listening to Bono singing like that makes my throat hurt in sympathy.

Why, yes! Yes, it does.

i2f7hvkifkzccn15jdgo_zpsswjuyiqi.gif

Yes. The purity and control were not there (not that he ever was an R&B singer) but there was so primal energy and yes, a lot of sweetness. He struggled a lot for the sound, but he always had the performance aspect nailed. Elevation bootlegs are my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom