Berlin #4 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NYC was the beginning of the end. Boston at least had Crystal Ballroom, AIWIY, Volcano.

Two Hearts is cool, and I prefer it on the e-stage (better energy) but could you guys imagine a Magnificent/Two Hearts pairing? I like Desire and it's fun but come on

Man that NYC run was fucking weird. You get to the end of a leg with all kinds of shit sprinkled through the set and you play it as safe as possible over eight nights?

I'm baffled that Magnificent hasn't got a second run yet. Would work as a rotation with COBL at start of encore. And there's no reason why AIWIY and WOWY or Pride and NYD can't rotate.

NYC was the beginning of the end. Boston at least had Crystal Ballroom, AIWIY, Volcano.

Two Hearts is cool, and I prefer it on the e-stage (better energy) but could you guys imagine a Magnificent/Two Hearts pairing? I like Desire and it's fun but come on

Hey NYC had the tour debuts of October and Two Hearts, Satellite of Love!, and Party Girl plus Volcano, AIWIY, Stuck (OK not so exciting but has it been played much this tour?), Lucifer, ... Not to mention Jimmy Fallon, the Roots and Lady Gaga. :) Oh, and the last play of the Troubles.

I hope they play Viva Davidoff in a medley with Theme From The Swan and 4th Of July.

Mercedes-Benz Arena - Berlin, Germany - September 29, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road

02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road

this portion must be identical to like 30% of this tour's setlist

Fun fact: 4th of July has even been soundchecked. Adam has used it as a bass warmup.

It's time that they play the ORIGINAL 'Pete The Chop'... followed by 'Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop'.

Encores of Boomerang I and Boomerang II, also in order.

Since we're being silly about songs and such...

?☕️?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd love to see Edge, Larry, and Adam (and even Bono) play a few instrumentals instead of taking an encore break.

Hey NYC had the tour debuts of October and Two Hearts, Satellite of Love!, and Party Girl plus Volcano, AIWIY, Stuck (OK not so exciting but has it been played much this tour?), Lucifer, ... Not to mention Jimmy Fallon, the Roots and Lady Gaga. :)

I think they sacrificed setlist variety for those "special guest" moments. But still, that only accounts for one night of Desire / Angel of Harlem and one performance of Ordinary Love.

Man that NYC run was fucking weird. You get to the end of a leg with all kinds of shit sprinkled through the set and you play it as safe as possible over eight nights?

I'm baffled that Magnificent hasn't got a second run yet. Would work as a rotation with COBL at start of encore. And there's no reason why AIWIY and WOWY or Pride and NYD can't rotate.

exactly. the guest spots were cool but eh

and Magnificent's treatment is baffling, you figure they worked on it a lot, it was successful, why not try it again? I think Dallas said they were even looking to that last night in Stockholm, which didn't end up happening

We definitely need Edge improvisation solo time for 10 minutes. It's not fair when EVH has his own solo time and Edge doesn't

If we're listing obscure UF picks to be played live..

1. The Three Sunrises
2. Disappearing Act
3. Yoshino Blossom

02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone

exactly. the guest spots were cool but eh

and Magnificent's treatment is baffling, you figure they worked on it a lot, it was successful, why not try it again? I think Dallas said they were even looking to that last night in Stockholm, which didn't end up happening

They also must have put plenty of effort into Zoo Station - it's not exactly what you think of when you think "easy one-off track". So to only do it once is weird. But they seem to like putting in all that effort for little airtime; just see Ocean/11OTT!

02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Sort of Homecoming can defeat them all!!!!!

ASOH is sort of like Acrobat for me.. it'd be cool to hear live but I'm not fully clamouring for it.

Maybe I need to hear some more ASOH live performances so I can be corrected :wink:

Did they really have to put any effort into 11 O'clock/The Ocean? They played thse so many times when they were starting out it's probably still in their muscle memory. It's really weird they dont' play Magnificient though - they did so much work on it it makes more sense to record and release it as a 7" than to only play it once.

Back
Top Bottom