Band Thursday: "I was lost, now I'm found"....pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HamburgGermany1981-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to get rid of the watermarks? Such cool old school pictures.

HammersmithPalace1982.jpg

Bono & Bruce Springsteen by Adrian Boot

"Early in U2's career, Bruce Springsteen was a fan and came backstage in 1982 to meet them ? the man in glasses is Paul McGuinness, U2's manager. Bono had just come off stage, and in those days, when U2 were not megastars, their dressing room at London's Hammersmith Palais was minuscule.

Great piccy.

The date is wrong. Couldn't be from 1976 as Edge didn't have the Explorer until 1978.

^ Yeah I scanned that pic and it's the way they had it in the book, there are lots of magazines that get some of those old dates wrong. I think you pointed it out when I posted it too :nerd:

:wink:

^ Yeah I scanned that pic and it's the way they had it in the book, there are lots of magazines that get some of those old dates wrong. I think you pointed it out when I posted it too :nerd:

:wink:

Sorry.:sad:

You know I'm goofy about the data, like The Edge, taking particular 'pleasure' in the collection thereof.

More important, it's a pretty great early era picture. Dont' think I ever saw that until you'd posted it a while back.

All of the old Getty and MusicPictures dot com stuff are pretty cool too.

Sorry.:sad:

You know I'm goofy about the data, like The Edge, taking particular 'pleasure' in the collection thereof.

More important, it's a pretty great early era picture. Dont' think I ever saw that until you'd posted it a while back.

All of the old Getty and MusicPictures dot com stuff are pretty cool too.

I was teasing you ya know :sexywink:

They also definitely look a little older than they did in 76 too. That was what I noticed before the guitar. :nerd: <-- see I'm no different than you :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom