B&C's 2016 Albums of the Year AKA End of Times Soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're gonna love Angel Olsen, I'm pretty sure. You should definitely listen to the Solange album, though I'm less certain if it suits your tastes. And Malibu. Please.

He should love the Solange record, he loved the album Raphael Saadiq put out a few years back and he produced it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Chairlift - Moth
Crying - Beyond the Fleeting Gates
Preoccupations - Preoccupations
Angel Olsen - My Woman
Solange - A Seat at the Table
Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial

Knowing you, I think you'd really like at least a couple of those. I don't care what you think of Car Seat Headrest's name, you better damn well listen to them. Though I admit, I only liked their album before I saw them live. Then it went to a whole new level.

Preoccupations is Viet Cong if you're familiar with them. If you're not, I don't know how you feel about Joy Division or The Chameleons, but that is sort of what they sound like.

I think Charlift, Crying and Angel Olsen are probably no-brainers for you. As is Solange, if memory serves, correctly. I haven't talked with you about music in a while, so I may not remember entirely correctly.

You're gonna love Angel Olsen, I'm pretty sure. You should definitely listen to the Solange album, though I'm less certain if it suits your tastes. And Malibu. Please.

The one song LM mentioned as a potential SOTY from Solange sounded good enough to my ears, so, I'm down. Do not know a thing about Angel Olsen, but okay. And I'll listen to Malibu, since you were so polite about it.

You like Elbow, dipshit. Listen to Car Seat Headrest.

I'll never pretend Elbow is not a dumb name but it's not as dumb as this. But, I mean, fine, I'll add it to the list of songs from the list since you listed it.

He should love the Solange record, he loved the album Raphael Saadiq put out a few years back and he produced it.

I love both Saadiq albums motherfucker.

Knowing you, I think you'd really like at least a couple of those. I don't care what you think of Car Seat Headrest's name, you better damn well listen to them. Though I admit, I only liked their album before I saw them live. Then it went to a whole new level.

Preoccupations is Viet Cong if you're familiar with them. If you're not, I don't know how you feel about Joy Division or The Chameleons, but that is sort of what they sound like.

I think Charlift, Crying and Angel Olsen are probably no-brainers for you. As is Solange, if memory serves, correctly. I haven't talked with you about music in a while, so I may not remember entirely correctly.

Thanks. I like Joy Division just fine. I'll give some of these a spin, too. My work commute is almost always an hour so it's perfect for listening to an album.

Adding a lot of these to my collection now. Thanks!

I'll never pretend Elbow is not a dumb name but it's not as dumb as this. But, I mean, fine, I'll add it to the list of songs from the list since you listed it.

:) Thank you.

Raphael Saadiq needs to get his shit together and put out a new album. Listeners would be very, very welcoming to his sound these days and he's among the best going.

The one other album on that list I will go out of my way to push for is Avalanches' Wildflower. It's a sublime fusion of soul and psychedelia that shouldn't be missed.

Thanks. I like Joy Division just fine. I'll give some of these a spin, too. My work commute is almost always an hour so it's perfect for listening to an album.

Adding a lot of these to my collection now. Thanks!

I may have been a bit off by saying Joy Division, but I'm listening to a few tracks from it right now, and I'm still pretty confident you'll like it.

Well I downloaded everything you cats mentioned, which was more than the planned 2-3, but that's fine. I predict of the 10 or so I plan to listen to, I will love 1, really like 2, kind of like 1, and dismiss the rest as not my cup of tea even though I do not drink tea so think about that for a minute. Or more. Now think again.....

You ever heard of a musket?

I know you're a young whippersnapper and you may not understand this, but there was a time, once, before streaming, where people would download albums they purchased to devices known as MP3 players.

Streaming music is an absolute godsend.

I mean, in the past I'd just buy all these albums like a douche bag seat/powerjuice kind of guy moron and then delete whatever I hated. Now, fuck, I'll pay for their service, no idea if it's a good deal or a ripoff or what because I'm just a blind Apple Ecosystem addict at this point, and if I like it, then I buy it.

actually i listened to the first track off of Life of Pablo i didn't hate it. i really wanted to be cause it seemed like it's the trendy shit to do but it was great.

also, im a star now considering how my nonsensical comments were covered in that LOP post.

I forgot about Malibu when making my list. It would've definitely been top 10.

Radiohead was always going to win this. They seemed to pop up as number two on each list.

Great work Gump.
Such a worthwhile exercise, regardless of the ranking. Massively inspired to check out some of these albums I haven't listened to yet, particularly those released by some of the Knowles family.

Try as I might, I can't get into Car Seat Headrest's effort.

It strikes me that in the top four, you have three works of stunning range and artistry interrupted by Carseat fucking Headrest.

:up:

Surprised to see the title track from Cave's album as your standout. Lovely song, doesn't grip me as much as some of the earlier songs though.

Thanks man :)

I just think it's such a beautiful track. I can understand why it wouldn't resonate really strongly, but I'm just really attracted to Nick Cave's softer side. It's no coincidence Love Letter is my fav song of his.

Back
Top Bottom