Average length of concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacPippy

Babyface
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I've been wondering about the timing of the Vertigo shows.

How long is the Kings of Leon set?

How long is U2 on stage?

I'll be at Bono's birthday show in Chicago on May 10th ... tickets say 7:30 ... so when is the whole show over?

Thanks guys!!!!

I CAN"T WAIT!:hyper: :hyper:

From what I've read Kings of Leon set is about 40 minutes with U2 going on about 9:00PM-9:15PM with a 2 hour set

No.

Boy tour 1hr
October tour 1hr
War 1h 10-20mins
TUF 1h20-30mins
Joshua 1h30mins
Lovetown ?
Zoo TV 2h
Popmart 2h
Elevation 1h 30min - 2h

ZooTV was sometimes just over 2 hrs.

Popmart could go past the 2hr mark. The mexico video likely had a 2:15 live time.

I saw Elevation twice and both came close to 2:15 (4/12/01, 4/13/01)

I clocked the vertigo shows from last week at 2hrs-2:15hrs. Although some shows earlier in the tour were 1:45-1:50. This would include all the encore breaks and the human rights video etc.

Lastly, U2 have gone over 2hrs several times. I think Sarejevo 97 was 2:30+ and the Dublin 89 gigs were 3-4(?) hours long.

u2fp

U2@NYC said:

Really?

I was at two Elevation shows are both seemed to be 2 hour long.
you may be right, I compared 2 boots and the Boston & Slane shows, they were shorter than 2h, but I guess they're not the whole shows on the dvd's

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:
Lastly, U2 have gone over 2hrs several times. I think Sarejevo 97 was 2:30+ and the Dublin 89 gigs were 3-4(?) hours long.

Lovetown shows were typically around 100 minutes, not 3-4 hours. Except for the gigs in Dortmund and Amsterdam (when Bono's voice was acting up), those concerts were 75 minutes long.

At both Denver shows Kings of Leon played from ~7:30 to 8:20 then U2 took the stage right at 9:00 sharp. Both shows were right about 2 hours.

I understand the longest U2 show was Elevation Turino, which was 2 hours 35 minutes, if I remember correctly.

both UF and JT tour could last anything between 90 mins and 120 minutes.
LoveTown was shorter, mainly because of Bono's vox. the mytical 31.12.89 show was only 100 minutes long.
The first ZOOTv shows (indoor) were a tad shorter than 2 hours.
they grew longer, and actually closer to 2.5 hrs, in stadia. same with Popmart. but that's including all the intros and outros, not the actual minutes the band's on stage.
elevation:
the shortest shows were 1.45.
the longest show was turin. over 2 and half hours 8but with a long break before tha last number out of control)

Back
Top Bottom