Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lincsPJ said:

internet bookings will be mailed in january... so it could be around there

i dont get my ticket until concert day. man... gonna be stressful during the lead up.

Boy, that's still ages to wait!!!! :madspit:

Doesn't matter though. I just pray that it gets here safely. If I had my time again I'd have probably lined up. Don't have to pay the eight dollar phone charge or for postage and handling. Most importantly you've actually got the ticket right in your hands, no worrying about it getting lost in the mail or anything.

Still I can't really complain, thankfully it only took me half an hour to get through. I would've been waiting a hell of a lot longer if I'd lined up

Arcadion said:

Striped shirt seems to be having a good time :wink:

I was thinking the same thing, hate to be that guy and see your face on there hahaha.. but dont u think its a little too close 4 comfort??.. it looks like a brilliant atmosphere though.. thousands of people.... :wink: :wink:

JUST INCASE NO-ONE READ ON U2.COM :

The first five shows for Australia and New Zealand, which went on sale yesterday, caused an unprecedented demand for tickets. U2’s concerts in Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane were virtual sell-outs, with 250,000 tickets sold including an unbelievable 160,000 during the first 90 minutes - breaking ticket-selling records across the country. The concerts were the quickest sell outs in the history of each venue with sales in Adelaide on the verge of breaking the largest ever concert attendance in that city.

It all started at 9am New Zealand time with U2’s on-sale at Ericsson Stadium in Auckland. All available tickets were sold within 90 minutes. At 9am, Melbourne time U2 at Telstra Dome went on-sale with all available tickets snapped up in just two hours. Not to be outdone, Adelaide’s AAMI Stadium went on-sale at 12.00 midday local time, with more than 30,000 tickets sold in the first three hours. Thirty minutes after the Adelaide on-sale, the Queensland Sports and Athletic Centre in Brisbane also went on-sale. Strong demand continued throughout the day with all available tickets sold out by late afternoon. Most spectacularly, the 70,000 tickets available at Sydney’s Telstra Stadium sold out in less than 50 minutes.

(QUITE UNREAL, IF YOU ASK ME)

beaut_day said:
JUST INCASE NO-ONE READ ON U2.COM :

...with sales in Adelaide on the verge of breaking the largest ever concert attendance in that city.

(QUITE UNREAL, IF YOU ASK ME)

If they are referring to the biggest concert attendance in Adelaide being AAMI Stadium itself [or Football Park, as it was known when this record was set there], then that means U2's gig here is on target to sell more than 55,000 - that's the record there, set by Dire Straits in 1986.

Anyone know the record for Adelaide Oval???

S.

From U2.com

Mexico Here We Come!
U2 will open the 2006 leg of The Vertigo Tour in Mexico in February. The band will play Monterrey on Sunday, February 12th at University Stadium followed by Mexico City on Wednesday, February 15th at Azteca Stadium.

Tickets for both shows go on sale next Wednesday, December 14th.

In Monterrey, ticket prices will be: 1600 MXP (Reserved Seating in the Stands), 650 MXP (General Admission on the Field) and 350 MXP (General Admission in the Stands). In Mexico City, ticket prices will be: 2,000 MXP, 800 MXP, 300 MXP (reserved) and 650 MXP (General Admission on the Field).

Tickets will be onsale online @ www.ticketmaster.com.mx or by phone - Mexico City Ticketmaster 5325-9000, Monterrey – Ticketmaster (5281) 8369-9000.

The band are no strangers to Mexico. Among their finest live video releases is 1998's 'Popmart Live from Mexico City'.

U2//Vertigo, the biggest tour of 2005, followed the release of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb which was nominated yesterday for five Grammy Awards including Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year (“Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own”), Best Performance By A Duo or Group, Best Rock Song (“City Of Blinding Lights”), and Best Rock Album.

U2//Vertigo//2005//2006 is presented and produced by The Next Adventure and RZO Productions and promoted locally by Ocesa Presents.

imagine how stoked you would be if u met bono and the gang.. oh my gawd! :ohmy: << be like that young boy bono got from the audience in the chicago vertigo tour... hehehe

I think I'd fall off if I saw Adam on the bridge. I'm scared of heights.

Umm, no I haven't mentioned this to Anna. I was just going to go with you. :wink:

Or by myself :|

Or with 30,000 U2 fans :mad:

With the Harbour Bridge thing - apparently they're going to be going higher than the general public or doing something else while they're up there. There was an article in our local paper about it this morning.

:lmao:

How much fucking higher can they go?? Or are they going to take some "medication" while they're on the top of the arch?:confused:

Good luck Shagfest :up:

hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if any dates have been added/planned for Wellington yet??

DignityPassesBy said:

nah not as of yet and the 4th leg seems to be set in stone ... but anythings possible

ahh ok, thanks for the info!

I to one of two local ticketeks in my area at 9pm, and there was already 100 people lined up out the front. However I have one in my local myers which opens at 9 however I rung the center security and said the center opens at 6am and I can start queing from then.

If the lines are like this all over, then we will have a 2nd sold out concert. Making 140,000 in attendance!! Just for sydney

bono_man2002 said:
Ticketmaster is too busy already :mad:

I just wanted to log in and be ready for gods sake!

It's the damn Kiwi sale. When you buy the tickets from TM NZ, you're actually re-directed via TM Australia's site.

I just totally failed for Auckland II, now I need to log onto another account to do Melbourne II (I was using a friend's card for Auckland II), but of course, I can't bloody get through to do that!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom