Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AchtungU2aus said:
Will sell all my earthly possessions for GA tix. Green with envy for those of you who've purchased pre-sales already. I hope you're happy!!! :sad: lol. Monday better be my lucky day. Do you guys think getting to a Ticketek office at 7am will get me tickets at 9??? Pretty stressed out about it...

AchtungU2aus email me at acowley1@optushome.com.au. I might be able to help.

adelaide people - who's gonna line up and who's gonna do the internet thing? apparently the only ticketmaster outlets are at rundle mall and marion. what a pain in the ass... that means alot of people will be lining up at each... i think. they need more outlets.

oh God. I came here to calm my nerves about the tickets and now i feel worse. SURELY 10,000 GA tickets won't sell out in like 10 mins.

What i suggest for everyone who doesn't know whether to camp out or not is to do a drive by of the outlet the night before and see if anyone is there, if there ar epeople there, head over and dig in, if not go back 7am next morning! bases covered!

I'm going in to speak to the ticketmaster staff at myers tomorrow. They are old women, slow as a wet week and notoriously crabby. I am explaining to them i will burn myers down if they do not go FASTFASTFAST on monday!!!!

Ah God i just want this to be over and me to have 5 tickets in my hand. :D

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Due to safety and security measures, a second Crash Barrier will be in place for the General Admission (GA) floor area. This crash barrier will split the floor into 2 sections.

As with all GA events, access will be granted on a "first come first served basis".

*feels better* hahahaha

dazzlingamy said:
I'm going in to speak to the ticketmaster staff at myers tomorrow. They are old women, slow as a wet week and notoriously crabby. I am explaining to them i will burn myers down if they do not go FASTFASTFAST on monday!!!!

:laugh:

sokki said:
adelaide people - who's gonna line up and who's gonna do the internet thing? apparently the only ticketmaster outlets are at rundle mall and marion. what a pain in the ass... that means alot of people will be lining up at each... i think. they need more outlets.
Bass outlets are also handling the tickets for Adelaide. Check www.bass.net.au for more info.

Axver said:
OK, to continue from the previous thread, here's what happened with me and Ticketmaster today (it's good news!).

Back story: I bought three GAs for Auckland, and on a whim, decided to see if my code still worked for Brisbane, fully expecting to be told that I'd used it already and couldn't get anything. However, it worked, and recognised I'd bought 3/4 tickets so I could only buy 1, which I did. Further attempts to use it failed. I then was reminded that we were informed we could get tickets to just ONE SHOW, and I noticed a disclaimer on my confirmation printout saying that orders exceeding the limit will be cancelled. This threw me for a bit of a panic, especially considering how the code had recognised me and permitted me to buy a second ticket.

So I called Ticketmaster Australia. The representative could not help me with Auckland as that's through Ticketmaster NZ, but she looked up my Brisbane ticket on the system and confirmed to me that I had bought it, it was a confirmed sale at their end and the only person who can cancel it is me. She then advised me to call Ticketmaster NZ.

I gave Ticketmaster NZ a call, but I couldn't connect. I guess I dialled the international code wrong?

Considering this failure, I called Ticketmaster Australia back and told them I was trying to get in touch with Ticketmaster NZ but to no avail. The representative put me on hold for a bit and when she came back, she told me Ticketmaster NZ's call centre closes at 5pm Kiwi time anyway, and that she'd looked up my Auckland order and I had 3 GAs, confirmed sale, and the only person who could cancel them is me.

I think I'm in the clear. I think I'll ring them again tomorrow just to confirm one last time - especially as my two calls to Ticketmaster Australia focused on the two different orders, not both together - but I think I have my tickets for both Auckland and Brisbane! :hyper:

Well it sounds good news Axver so I think you're going to be ok. As you say, it's best to check again today, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I reckon this is so great for Adelaide - I remember they were there last in 1993/4? for Zoo Tv... The people of Adealide are SOOOoo going to be looking forward to seeing them!

Man it's gonna be good.

yay for adelaide!!!

and yay for bass!!! thank god, and thanks for telling me! i thought we could only get tickets at a ticketmaster thing, so i was freaking out. yay! this is what i like to hear first thing in the morning!

I wonder if the pre-sales will sell out...I doubt Brisbane and Adelaide will.

We need a call to arms of all people in these two cities...we dont want to be the only Vertigo cities on the tour not to sell out!! We dont want our crowds to be flat and lifeless!

We want to rock! We want to ROCK!!! ZOONITED NATIONS!!!

....sorry :(

'ello lovely...

best show ever huh? i want an email VERY soon!! so does Hellee...

Do am I putting you down for the Brisbane and Sydney show or just Brisbane?

If you can travel to Slane you can travel to Oz!! :madspit:

Two questions, folks:

1. When does Ticketmaster cancel tickets, and how do they let you know? (Just want to know if I'll need to brave the hordes in the general sale, and I don't want to end up in Auckland with no tickets.)
2. If Ticketmaster have charged your card already, can they still cancel your order?

Axver said:
Two questions, folks:

1. When does Ticketmaster cancel tickets, and how do they let you know? (Just want to know if I'll need to brave the hordes in the general sale, and I don't want to end up in Auckland with no tickets.)
2. If Ticketmaster have charged your card already, can they still cancel your order?

In the US:

1. They don't let you know. (I know they cancel excess orders, but I'm sure they cancel other orders as well. I remember being told they cancel orders when your credit card billing address doesn't match the address given to Ticketmaster.)
2. Yes.

MTEdge said:

In the US:

1. They don't let you know. (I know they cancel excess orders, but I'm sure they cancel other orders as well. I remember being told they cancel orders when your credit card billing address doesn't match the address given to Ticketmaster.)
2. Yes.

Hopefully it's different here! I called Ticketmaster again this morning and the guy told me my ticket is absolutely confirmed and when I walk up to the box office in Brisbane with the appropriate ID, I'll have a GA waiting for me. Still not sure whether to trust that, but now I have it from two different representatives ...

Most worried about Auckland though.

MTEdge said:

In the US:

2. Yes.

I believe that is just the standard thing all over.

It does suck though. If they cancel an order, common courtesy would be correspondence of some kind advising that was the case.

This is driving me mad. I can't seem to find anyone to talk to who can reassure me. TM Australia handles Brisbane, TM NZ handles Auckland, and it seems no-one can talk to me about both and say "your two orders are good, you don't need to worry, when you show up at the box office you will have your tickets waiting for you".

:crazy:

This is crap because Ticketmaster should be able to tell you either way whether one of your shows will be cancelled.

I'm guessing that the Auckland show is the most important to you Axver so I would concentrate on getting that one re-confirmed and ensure that if they are going to cancel one of your shows, they cancel the Brisbane one. Call them and do what you need to do to get it sorted out. Someone at Ticketmaster Oz or Ticketmaster NZ should be able to sort this out for you in my opinion.

neilm said:
This is crap because Ticketmaster should be able to tell you either way whether one of your shows will be cancelled.

I'm guessing that the Auckland show is the most important to you Axver so I would concentrate on getting that one re-confirmed and ensure that if they are going to cancel one of your shows, they cancel the Brisbane one. Call them and do what you need to do to get it sorted out. Someone at Ticketmaster Oz or Ticketmaster NZ should be able to sort this out for you in my opinion.

Auckland show is definitely the most important, and what's more, I'm the one responsible for my family's tickets. The Ticketmaster woman I spoke to yesterday afternoon who actually was able to look up details for me said it was confirmed and the only person who can cancel it is me, but I don't know how much to trust that. Especially because that call solely dealt with Auckland; I didn't get the chance to bring up Brisbane.

What's irking me is that that woman at Ticketmaster Australia clearly somehow managed to access the Auckland data, and yet the other two people I've spoken to haven't been able to help, and when I try to call Ticketmaster NZ, I'm told the number's wrong. I don't know how I'm entering the international code in wrong - I've tried multiple combinations. I've e-mailed a Kiwi relative to see if they can do the contacting for me.

I want to believe them when I've been told "this is a confirmed sale and the only person who can cancel it is you" (which I've been told for both), but I don't know if I should.

Also, the Auckland booking was my first one, Brisbane second. Do they just cancel your subsequent bookings or am I liable to lose both?

timothius said:
Axver I have the international number for Ticketmaster NZ. :sexywink:

What is it? :drool:

(What I don't get is how one operator I spoke to yesterday afternoon at TM Australia could actually tell me the status of my Auckland tickets but the other two I've spoken to couldn't - and I still haven't been able to speak to someone about BOTH orders together, whether I'll lose either/both or not!)

Edit: OK, so you edited. Whatever you know, please tell. :drool:

Last edited:
Obviously you tried the +0011 64 800 etc etc number. I would do a NZ White Pages search for a NZ Post (the more remote the better) and ask them if they have a ticketmaster outlet in there (most now do, as they distribute rugby tickets). Too late today though.

If it fails I may have another one lying around. :sexywink:

Damn timezones! Will be giving New Zealand a call tomorrow morning. :drool:

Maybe this afternoon, I'll just pester TM Australia some more. I'm really not sure what more I can do though, I've been told my order for Brisbane is confirmed and it'll be there when I show up on 21 March. Do I believe them?

:hmm: Would that work, is there any way to make them print tickets for me?

Will I still be able to get good-ish seats on Monday? I have school that morning, so I think my Dad is going to get tickets at 9am, when they open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom