Auckland I - New Zooland Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PikeRiverMinersEoinMcLoughlin.jpg

Well, this was only the SECOND live performance of Scarlet ever. The first time was on the BBC Radio Session: KID JENSEN, on October 14, 1981. U2 played a few songs live in the studio and it was aired later that night on the show. So it actually was not a concert.

From "U2 A Concert Documentary" by PIMM JAL DE LA PERRA:

"The version of Scarlet is rare: to this day it is the only time this song has been played live. "A very mysterious number there," Jensen says after the song."

Amazing! I wonder how many U2 fans at the show actually recognized the song?

Pimm's date is wrong. Scarlet was played on 3 September 1981, not 14 October 1981.

What did everyone think of Bono's different take on the chorus of 'ultraviolet'. starting with the 2nd chorus, singing "baby baby baby light my way" he was singing with a different it in a different melody.

-michael (nashville, TN)

October remaster, deluxe edition liner notes. Played 3 September 1981, broadcast 8 September 1981.

Yeah, LOL.

Well, the TUF remaster deluxe edition liner notes tell me that Bono sings "find a way" instead of "fade away" in Bad, so I'm sure it was actually played in December.

Well, the TUF remaster deluxe edition liner notes tell me that Bono sings "find a way" instead of "fade away" in Bad, so I'm sure it was actually played in December.

Haha, true, though I'd suggest the song credits are much more worth taking seriously than the lyrics done by a hamster.

Wow, that venue is so intimate for the Claw. I know it's a small country and all, but are there no bigger venues?

Yes there is Eden Park where all the rugby matches take place but it is a residential area and no concerts are allowed to be played in there. WEllington has the Caketin which would have been perfect but I think they would sell more tickets in Auckland given that is where quite alot of us live.

Back
Top Bottom