Arriving late and getting into Ellipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BOCAGATOR

The Fly
I am not going to be able to get to the 5/9 show until about 7 pm.Do I have any chance to get in the ellipse or will it be already full?

Has anyone arrived late and still go tin?

not sure exactly, but i've heard stories of people waltzing in at 8:00pm and their tickets beeping.

Your chances are as good as anyone for getting in! But not so hot for having a decent spot outside :(
I have to say that the beeps went off at a LOT slower pace than I had expected and the thing is *maybe* 60% full - it certainly didn't look like "400 people" to me on Sunday or Monday, at least.
Maybe the beep-rate actually picks up closer to the show when they need to fill it up more :shrug:

Thanks.I guess it is ellipse or way in the back of floor for me.I will take my chances.

How is it at the back of the floor outside the ellipse?

I would imagine it's shitty unless you're an amazon. I'm only 5'2 (5'5 in heels, which I wore at the show and regretted soon after) and even being two people back, I was thinking I can't imagine how the view must be for people 10 rows behind me much less the back of the arena. I found there was actually a bit of wiggle space on the floor when Bono wasn't on the run and the crowd wasn't surging forward. You could always try to be The Asshole that barges his way through and pushes over everyone around him. I'd recommend against, though. :wink: Keep your fingers crossed for ellipse. U2girl is right. It was really empty in Seattle. I think if people had spread out evenly, they could have swung their arms horizontally and not hit anyone. :|

melsbud said:
I would imagine it's shitty unless you're an amazon. I'm only 5'2 (5'5 in heels, which I wore at the show and regretted soon after) and even being two people back, I was thinking I can't imagine how the view must be for people 10 rows behind me much less the back of the arena. I found there was actually a bit of wiggle space on the floor when Bono wasn't on the run and the crowd wasn't surging forward. You could always try to be The Asshole that barges his way through and pushes over everyone around him. I'd recommend against, though. :wink: Keep your fingers crossed for ellipse. U2girl is right. It was really empty in Seattle. I think if people had spread out evenly, they could have swung their arms horizontally and not hit anyone. :|

I am doing this also, but am 5'11. Don't imagine back will be all that bad (back floor not as bad behind back floor); plus bonus*may get in ellipse*; plus can find perfect spot for /sound/view/production.

PLUS, dinner at Lumiere before concert = too hard to pass up.

At least I have a chance...all-be-it a small one.

Finally, the best part is the band, given events today, is likely to be on FIRE come tomorrow night.

*smallprayercircleforBADtonight*

At SJ1, the doors opened at 6:15. With our place in the GA line it was 7pm before we got in the building. We had magic tickets and by 7:15 we had second row and a beer in front of Bonos spot.

It seems to me that the ellipse didn't fill up until U2 went on at 9pm.

The OOTS said:
At SJ1, the doors opened at 6:15. With our place in the GA line it was 7pm before we got in the building. We had magic tickets and by 7:15 we had second row and a beer in front of Bonos spot.

It seems to me that the ellipse didn't fill up until U2 went on at 9pm.

NICE.

yeah, if you beep for the ellipse you should still be able to get a great spot arriving late. as U2Girlcj said, the ellipse wasn't even half full by the time the band started in Seattle...

melsbud said:

Yeesh, screw the ellipse! Feenie's finest! (Do try the sable fish and the creme brulee. Gastrorgasmic.)

Plan on going with a tasting menu of some sort...going early (5:30), plus hoping to wheel and deal, given how we'll be the only people there. I bet Feenie is going to the show...

Totally worth it...And I'm fairly hardcore.

What should I do??

I have a GA ticket and want to be one of the first ones in the fleetcenter in boston, so...I was planning to get there really early. Is there a place that I can go to read about the GA procedure on this site? What's all this talk about the lottery and how does it work? I am a petite female going alone so I need to be enlightened so I don't screw up.

I got to Denver 2 about 20 min before U2 went on. They had stopped scanning by that time.

Re: What should I do??

U2 electric co said:
I have a GA ticket and want to be one of the first ones in the fleetcenter in boston, so...I was planning to get there really early. Is there a place that I can go to read about the GA procedure on this site? What's all this talk about the lottery and how does it work? I am a petite female going alone so I need to be enlightened so I don't screw up.

:banghead: :( :ohmy:

At Seattle 1 we watched people getting beeped in after 8:00 even. It did seem that the beep rates were better later - can't testify to that, but it seemed that way.

At Seattle 2 we had GA, were lucky and got beeped in at 7:30 or so.

Beware if your ticket does not scan properly and they "manually" process you by hitting "enter" or some other key on the keyboard. This happened with mine, and I think all that does is refresh the old screen - I could swear it did not process my ticket. Luckily my son's ticket beeped and we got in. I was going to make them do mine again or complain to someone in charge otherwise.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom