Anyone ever done Will Call tickets from Ticketmaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I live in the US and am thinking about seeing U2 in Winnipeg. Ticketmaster says the delivery charge for one ticket is $32 (and I'm getting two!). !!! There is no additional charge for Will Call, which means that I will pick up the tickets at the venue before the show. Since $32 is an insane charge for delivering two pieces of paper, I am thinking about just picking them up at the box office the day before.

My immediate concern is that I will travel such a great distance and then arrive and find that there are no tickets there, I did something wrong, or they got lost somehow. :panic: Has anyone ever done this? Were there any problems? Am I being paranoid? Because if I go all the way to Canada and my tickets aren't there…

Sorry if there's already been a thread about this. I didn't check very thoroughly.

I live in the US and am thinking about seeing U2 in Winnipeg. Ticketmaster says the delivery charge for one ticket is $32 (and I'm getting two!). !!! There is no additional charge for Will Call, which means that I will pick up the tickets at the venue before the show. Since $32 is an insane charge for delivering two pieces of paper, I am thinking about just picking them up at the box office the day before.

$32 is for International Fedex

standard mail is free

I don't think that was an option outside of Canada. Let me go check again…

But still, why would it cost $32 to send tickets anywhere? That's crazy!

Its 1000000% an option, as I and others on here have done it already.

It's $32 for International Fedex which you dont need

choose standard mail for FREE

I did standard free delivery for Moncton, it was free and I got the tickets within a week.

I've also used Will Call many times with Ticketmaster and have never had an issue.

Im from Melbourne and going over to see the New meadowlands show in July and have my tickets through Will Call also, so I understand your angst. Im pretty nervous that something might go wrong also, but it sounds like its pretty safe and secure.

I did Will Call for the Rose Bowl show because it was the ONLY option available for Red Zone. No problem at all. You can also bring your printed out confirmation for your tickets stating Will Call if you're still nervous. As long as you have your ID and credit card, they better have your tickets!

Im from Melbourne and going over to see the New meadowlands show in July and have my tickets through Will Call also, so I understand your angst. Im pretty nervous that something might go wrong also, but it sounds like its pretty safe and secure.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, just travelling from the UK.

I meant to ask though - my travel arrangements/destination may now be changing (depending on summer job that I manage to get), with 'will call' tickets is it possible to cancel and get a refund on them since they haven't actually sent any physical tickets to you??? Has anyone tried to cancel tickets kept on will call before?

Yeah I'm in the same boat, just travelling from the UK.

I meant to ask though - my travel arrangements/destination may now be changing (depending on summer job that I manage to get), with 'will call' tickets is it possible to cancel and get a refund on them since they haven't actually sent any physical tickets to you??? Has anyone tried to cancel tickets kept on will call before?

no cancellations / no refunds

^Maybe you can try calling/emailing Ticketmaster and explain your situation to try to get a refund. Ask to talk to a supervisor. But they may still decide to charge you the order fee, or whatever that is called.

Or if they say absolutely no refund whatsoever, can you have them change your order to ship the tickets? Then you can offload them here or on some other forum.

As for Will Call, I have had no problem whatsoever with picking up the tickets at the venue. Even when I had the ticket mailed to me and it's lost in the mail, I could always go to the box office, present my receipt, ID and the credit card I used, and they would issue me a replacement ticket. If I were you, definitely bring a copy of the receipt (that has the order number and maybe your customer ID too) and whatever else they ask for proof of ID (passport and/or credit card you used for the purchase).

I did Will Call for the Vegas 360 show - it was the only option for those living outside the US, and I had no problems. Buying the tickets was a bit weirder than normal, since they weren't sold thru Ticketmaster, but it ended up being completely fine for me to pick the tickets up right before the show. Like the others have said, just bring your credit card and ID, and you shouldn't have any problems. Ticketmaster may charge ridiculous fees, but getting your tickets thru will call is a completely safe option.

I got it straightened out; I was just being unobservant. :reject: (The excitement of a U2 concert causes my brain to short out sometimes. Is that a good excuse? :wink: )

And, as someone else said, the show is definitely not sold out. I had no trouble finding the tickets I wanted.

The only difference between will call, printing your tickets at home or having them mailed to you ahead of time is when you get your tickets. It's just as safe as getting them mailed to you, if not safer cause you don't have to worry about losing them.

I'm sure there's been some random incidents where the tickets were not there before hand... just as i'm sure there have been random issues of tickets never getting mailed. Let's just say its so rare that you shouldn't worry about it at all. If you're very worried just bring your receipt with you.

I do will call all the time, no extra fee and you don't have to worry about getting to the venue and realizing you left your tickets on the kitchen table :wink:

I've never had any problems, just make sure you print out your confirmation numbers.

I have another question: Does it typically take longer for GA tickets to arrive in the mail than it does for seats? My dad's ticket (for a seat) came two days ago, which was less than a week after ordering it. My GA ticket has not arrived yet, but it was ordered on the same day as my dad's. If I remember right, the last time we ordered tickets, they were all GA and took almost two weeks to get here. I just looked at my Ticketmaster order page and it says that my ticket has been mailed, but I don't know how long it's been like that.

Back
Top Bottom