"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine wasn't awful like I suspected. Just completely obnoxiously mediocre. Fergie has what's far and away the best musical number in the film, but it's really Cotillard's show, as to be expected. She's easily my favorite woman in the industry right now. I melt for her.

Nine wasn't awful like I suspected. Just completely obnoxiously mediocre. Fergie has what's far and away the best musical number in the film, but it's really Cotillard's show, as to be expected. She's easily my favorite woman in the industry right now. I melt for her.

I fell in love with Cotillard when Big Fish came out, although I've heard she's kind of a jerk in real life.

Any excuse to post this

2dcg3le.gif

And sure, why not this one too?

ginatowel2.gif

Watching her get her face pounded in by that freak show Santos chick made me feel if I was being punched right in the dick.

Dude was cool when he was a Bluth but I'm startin to get sick of him.

That's what I've thought for the past 2 years, the only movie I've liked him in was Juno, but this looks like it'll make me be a fan again.

He seems to have upgraded from his AD garage lightsaber days.

I have faith Wright knows what he's doing... but Cera's casting does not strike me as even remotely appropriate. His quiet-dude schtick really just doesn't fit for Scott Pilgrim even a little bit. But I don't know, maybe the kid has unrevealed versatility.

Cera is from my hometown, so I gotta support the little bastard wherever I can. I still think he's funny despite the fact that his schtick might be getting old. The redband trailer for that new split personality movie made me laugh

Goddamn is that gonna blow other (non-TDK) superhero movies out of the water.

I don't know how many if any of you guys have seen it yet, but I just finished Whatever Works and liked it quite a bit. It's definitely a throwback to Woody Allen's older days. Larry David was a pretty effective stand-in for the roles Allen played himself. The ending might have been a little contrived, but it was still pretty funny and I enjoyed the story. E. R. Dub looked pretty damn hot, too.

So, I loved UP. Beautiful.

That's the other one I had come in on the ole Netflix today. I'm really looking forward to watching it.

Yeah, I thought Whatever Works was Woody's best comedy in a long, long time, which isn't saying too much, sadly.

David's way more abrasive than any character Woody would play though. Neurotic, yes, but I wouldn't see Woody berating children after beating them in chess.

Also, the list of 2009 Foreign Language Critical Favorites That I Found Overrated now consists of:

Summer Hours (Assayas)
35 Shots of Rum (Denis)
The Headless Woman (Martel)

On my 2009 Foreign Language Films That Can't Get Praised Highly Enough:

The White Ribbon (Haneke)
Thirst (Park)

Still to see:

Seraphine (Provost)
Tokyo Sonata (Kurosawa)
Three Monkeys (Ceylan)
Police, Adjective (Porumbolu)
24 City (Jia)
Still Walking (Koreeda)

Also, re: Up. I'd be remiss if I didn't include what was perhaps my favorite part of the viewing experience:

I love this trailer. So much.

So many things going on here. George Wendt as Santa? Doc Brown perhaps scarred by the past deaths of Copernicus and Einstein? The dog with the high pitched voice spontaneously breaking out in song? Sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom