"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Luhrmann, Moulin Rouge is something that would be great to have on BD. Hopefully it gets the treatment.

And is it just me or does Cage look like tuccirape in Kick Ass?

Moulin Rouge would totally own Blu. Chances are, we'll see in the next year or so.

I hope someone burns every print of Romeo + Juliet.

Never saw it. Don't plan on it. Moulin Rouge is actually the only Luhrmann I've seen, having no interest in Strictly Ballroom or watching Hugh Jackman undoubtedly piss himself in Australia. But I do love Moulin Rouge despite not having seen it in many years, so a THE BLU! appearance would be quite nice.

I thought Jackman was very good. He's no Wolverine in the film, but still. And it's worth seeing just for the photography and the little kid's performance.

I don't understand why Jackman isn't being cast in more serious dramatic roles or accepting them after the two-film punch of The Fountain and The Prestige. His respective performances were easily some of the strongest things about both, for me at least.

Yeah, I really thought he pushed himself in The Prestige. And I do think his turn in the first two X-Men are among the best comic book film perfs.

Also, remember when I noted that THE FASS! was working with THE BERGH! on Knockout? Well you can now include Dennis Quaid, Michael Douglas and Obi-Wan FUCKING Kenobi to that cast list. SWEET.

watching Hugh Jackman undoubtedly piss himself in Australia.

hugh_jackman_twitter.jpg

The opening sequence of Up is probably the most affecting segment of any Pixar film. The opening sequence of Inglourious Little Basterds is pure movie magic. I'm going with Quentin here, although they're both great.

The opening sequence of Up is probably the most affecting segment of any Pixar film. The opening sequence of Inglourious Little Basterds is pure movie magic. I'm going with Quentin here, although they're both great.

I think I'd have to agree with Imperor here. I'd also like to add that Up never quite reached that level again. I'd actually say it dropped of considerably after the opening segment. IB on the other hand started off strong and managed to maintain that tone for the remainder of the film

I'm disappointed none of you serious film fans picked up on the discussion about the opening scenes of UP and IB. I'd love to hear your takes.

Those are two of my favorite scenes from this year, too. I'm doing a Top 10 Scenes from This Year thing when we do our '09 Wrap-Up, and I'd love to address them in fuller detail then.

Yeah, I really thought he pushed himself in The Prestige. And I do think his turn in the first two X-Men are among the best comic book film perfs.

Also, remember when I noted that THE FASS! was working with THE BERGH! on Knockout? Well you can now include Dennis Quaid, Michael Douglas and Obi-Wan FUCKING Kenobi to that cast list. SWEET.

Oh, he carries the load in the first two X-Men films, particularly X2.

Yeah, I want to see it right now.

I don't understand why Jackman isn't being cast in more serious dramatic roles or accepting them after the two-film punch of The Fountain and The Prestige. His respective performances were easily some of the strongest things about both, for me at least.

Oh agreed, I expected to be blown away by Aronosky's themes and visual creativity with the Fountain, but I never expected such an affecting performance from Jackman, easily one of the strongest performances of that year and his career best. I've liked him for awhile as a movie star, but that film proved he has great chops as an actor.

Laz, you might be the only one interested, but I just got this in from amazon today:

Amazon.com: Cowboy Bebop Remix Complete Collection (Anime Legends): Cowboy Bebop, Sunrise Studios: Movies & TV

Which is something I should have gotten a long time ago. I don't know if you already own this or not, but the quality is pretty impressive, notably in regards to the audio. Was going to hold out for Blu-ray, but I figured I don't have much of a problem paying for this twice when the time comes anyway.

Yeah, I'm more excited by this than some Spidey 4 with the Raimi/Tobey team. Keep him in high school for as long as possible, breeze by the origin in the opening credits and roll out with other members of the rogue's gallery. Maybe they can re-build towards a real Sinister Six or something like that, do the Gwen Stacy as the primary love interest until she gets axed by The Green Goblin like in the comics, I don't know.

Call it The Amazing Spider-Man and roll from there.

Yeah, I'm more excited by this than some Spidey 4 with the Raimi/Tobey team. Keep him in high school for as long as possible, breeze by the origin in the opening credits and roll out with other members of the rogue's gallery. Maybe they can re-build towards a real Sinister Six or something like that, do the Gwen Stacy as the primary love interest until she gets axed by The Green Goblin like in the comics, I don't know.

Call it The Amazing Spider-Man and roll from there.

I'm on board with this entirely. I've made my admiration for Spiderman 2 more than clear in my time here, and I stand by it... still my favorite superhero film evar. But this is a real opportunity to do Spiderman really right. All the things you mentioned are a good place to start.

Also, have I mentioned recently that Devin Faraci is a shithead? I probably have. Dude's a shithead.

Exactly.

Devin Faraci is everything I hate about Internet "film" criticism.

Laz, you might be the only one interested, but I just got this in from amazon today:

Amazon.com: Cowboy Bebop Remix Complete Collection (Anime Legends): Cowboy Bebop, Sunrise Studios: Movies & TV

Which is something I should have gotten a long time ago. I don't know if you already own this or not, but the quality is pretty impressive, notably in regards to the audio. Was going to hold out for Blu-ray, but I figured I don't have much of a problem paying for this twice when the time comes anyway.

Yeah, I already have a set, albeit a terribly subtitled one off the ebay black market from around 2002 or whatever. But I'll probably wait for Blu.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it; there's a used copy going on Half.com for $23.

Yeah, I already have a set, albeit a terribly subtitled one off the ebay black market from around 2002 or whatever. But I'll probably wait for Blu.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it; there's a used copy going on Half.com for $23.

I'd paid about $30 for this one, which was fine by me, especially considering I was making use of the remainder of my x-mas gift amazon gift card. Also, does that mean you never watched the show with the English dub? Because it's considerably better than the Japanese one... at least to a native English speaker like me of course. But yeah, seriously. Way better.

Also, Samurai Champloo is recently available on The BLU!, though it's still a bit too pricey for my liking. I'll definitely be picking it up when the price goes down though. Also a good sign for getting Bebop on Blu some time in the hopefully not too distant future.

So, I'm looking to watch a really scary movie. I know that's kind of vague, especially since there's no way for you all out there to know what I have or haven't seen, but, perhaps if some of you to share what you think the scariest films you've seen are, I could find something from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom