"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Doc runs away from the house as if he dropped off some kind of explosive rather than a dog.

That's probably my favorite bit of movie trivia ever. The best part is all four stints as Santa were within a three year window.

I'm putting this thing on the queue.

George Wendt and Christopher Lloyd may be the human stars of this holiday tale, but the true stars are the Buddies: Budderball, B-Dawg, Rosebud, Buddha and MudBud, the golden retriever pups who must save Christmas. It all starts when Budderball gets his name on Santa Paws's naughty list, and Santa Paws's son, Puppy Paws, decides to take Budderball under his paw in this family-friendly North Pole adventure.

Very happy it's available on BD.

And now I'm wondering if they misspelled "Butterball" to avoid a lawsuit.

Actually, The Godfather trilogy are three of many BDs I'm borrowing from my fashja. Blood Diamond, True Romance, Blade Runner, Coraline, Babel and Eastern Promises are the others.

You don't buy me out, I buy you out.

GF and I watched Godfather and Godfather on the Blu! She enjoyed both.

Lance, have now watched Kiki's Flying Delivery Service, so, next up in Miyazaki-thon is Porco Rosso.

Still need to see Blood Diamond and Babel, but that's a solid slate.

Blood Diamond isn't exactly essential, but not as bad as some would have you believe. And I'd say the same thing about Babel, which can be pretty awful at times (the hysterics of the maid character), but there are a couple scenes that are fantastic pure cinema (the Tokyo nightclub, the Mexican wedding), and Pitt & Blanchett do very good work.

Lance, have now watched Kiki's Flying Delivery Service, so, next up in Miyazaki-thon is Porco Rosso.

Are you watching these in order? At some point you're going to have to do a rank/rate.

Blood Diamond isn't exactly essential, but not as bad as some would have you believe. And I'd say the same thing about Babel, which can be pretty awful at times (the hysterics of the maid character), but there are a couple scenes that are fantastic pure cinema (the Tokyo nightclub, the Mexican wedding), and Pitt & Blanchett do very good work.

Are you watching these in order? At some point you're going to have to do a rank/rate.

Babel was insanely overrated but, yeah, the Tokyo Nightclub scene alone might have been worth the price or admission.

Never saw Blood Diamond. "Here, it's not bling-bling, it's 'BANG! BANG!"

In order, yes, at least in order of whatever Netflix has of his works.

I'll rank when done.

Good to hear. I'd see anything with Pitt and Blanchett at this point. Hell, I'd love to see them pair up again.

Favorite Pitt Performances?

Inglorious Basterds
Fight Club
Burn After Reading
Twelve Monkeys
Ocean's Twelve

Boom goes the dynamite.

If you haven't seen Kalifornia, make it a priority. Pitt, Juliette Lewis, David Duchovny, and Michelle Forbes? Oh yeah.

Jesse James certainly deserves mention on a Pitt's Best list.

Also, I'd put A River Runs Through It among his best, and while it's a supporting role, it's really the film where he became a star. He's hilarious in True Romance in a small role as well.

I always felt his somber performance in Interview With The Vampire was underrated. Cruise has the flashier role, but Pitt really is the film's tragic heart, and from what I read it's a role he got pretty deep into, method-wise.

And his work in Benjamin Button, while perhaps not Oscar nom-worthy, was still very impressive, especially considering all the effects work that he had to work through.

Only seen Benji, Jesse James and True Romance out of the ones you mentioned and I enjoy him in all of them. Hell, he's great in Thelma & Louise, too.

Dude, you need to get on Interview. Neil Jordan, Stephen Rea, Antonion Banderas, Kirsten Dunst when she was good, Phillipe Rousselot photography, amazing sets. I think you will enjoy it.

And A River Runs Through It is a should-be American classic, also with Rousselot photography (an Oscar-winner, actually). Redford's best film, in my opinion.

I'm down with both. When I can free up space on my queue, I'll put them in there.

Blood Diamond isn't exactly a subtle take on such problems, but there are some great performances from the 3 leads, and I'm not usually a fan of Jennifer Connelly (outside of Requiem for a Dream).

Well I finally added two more Blus to my collection, Watchmen being the only one I bought when I got my player.

Benjamin Button and Australia for $20. Not bad. I didn't think the Luhrmann film was phenomenal, but didn't deserve the critical and box office beating it took. Plus, it's going to look FANTASTIC in hi-def.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom