Anaheim I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dasani said:

:tongue: I'm working on it.

Can I search for songs on the site? Would love to see the history of when Hawkmoon was played....I know it'd be a short list.

Concert Details September 21, 1989: Perth, Australia @ Entertainment Center
Concert Details September 27, 1989: Sydney, Australia @ Entertainment Center
Concert Details October 03, 1989: Brisbane, Australia @ Entertainment Center
Concert Details October 08, 1989: Melbourne, Australia @ National Tennis Center
Concert Details October 13, 1989: Melbourne, Australia @ National Tennis Center
Concert Details October 16, 1989: Melbourne, Australia @ National Tennis Center
Concert Details November 18, 1989: Sydney, Australia @ Entertainment Center
Concert Details December 18, 1989: Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Rai Europa Hal
Concert Details July 12, 2001: Cologne, Germany @ Arena

I think Crumbs is more likely than Original at this point.

Unless they do Original acoustic.

But I dont think either will be done anytime soon. Maybe by Chicago.

Ok, I think I'm out for now. Have a goodnight all - hope to get lucky and score tix tomorrow! I'll check the message board(s) in the morning. :wink:

u2warlp said:
you bitch, get outta my forum....wanker
Bitching about pointing out that bitching about the bitching is the worst bitching of all is the second worst bitching of all, right after bitching about the bitching.

Dasani said:

:tongue: I'm working on it.

Can I search for songs on the site? Would love to see the history of when Hawkmoon was played....I know it'd be a short list.

Yeah, here's the list: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-songnames.html

I can tell you Hawkmoon 269 off the top of my head, though.

- 21 September 1989, Perth
- 27 September 1989, Sydney
- 3 October 1989, Brisbane
- 8 October 1989, Melbourne
- 13 October 1989, Melbourne
- 16 October 1989, Melbourne
- 18 November 1989, Sydney
- 18 December 1989, Amsterdam

Plus it was snippeted before Desire on 12 July 2001 in Cologne.

Axver said:

They wouldn't rehearse The Electric Co. and Gloria to just play them on one or two nights. They'll be back. And I think this set is quality, especially the LAPOE --> SBS --> Bullet --> RTSS section.

I'm disappointed they aren't doing Crumbs, but I anticipate it showing up sometime. OOTS doesn't bother me, though I hope it's played at some point. And they've brought back Zoo Station and The Fly! I think this is great.

We'll see. And Zoo Station and The Fly are only positives if Boner gets the lyrics right. If he keeps singing the 1st verse 3x it's not really an improvement. I know it's early, but tonites setlist really didn't make me happy.

typhoon said:

Bitching about pointing out that bitching about the bitching is the worst bitching of all is the second worst bitching of all, right after bitching about the bitching.

Wow, glad your here. That is some great banter!

Let me guess, late teens, early twenties???

MrBrau1 said:
I know it's early, but tonites setlist really didn't make me happy.

I can tell!

Let's wait for the bootleg before we judge Zoo Station and The Fly. San Diego II's Fly was a significant improvement on San Diego I's, though that's not saying a whole lot ...

I'm also looking forward to hearing ISHFWILF, even if it is supposedly 'overplayed'.

Axver said:

Yeah, here's the list: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-songnames.html

I can tell you Hawkmoon 269 off the top of my head, though.

- 21 September 1989, Perth
- 27 September 1989, Sydney
- 3 October 1989, Brisbane
- 8 October 1989, Melbourne
- 13 October 1989, Melbourne
- 16 October 1989, Melbourne
- 18 November 1989, Sydney
- 18 December 1989, Amsterdam

Plus it was snippeted before Desire on 12 July 2001 in Cologne.

Where has this site been hiding all my life?!?! :eek:

It's the most amazing thing ever!!! How did I miss it?!?!

I'm in serious :love: with this place! Now I'll be up all night searching it!! :help:

Dasani said:

I'm in serious :love: with this place! Now I'll be up all night searching it!! :help:

U2Tours.com was doing it before Vertigo-Tour.com :wink:

Axver said:

I can tell!

Let's wait for the bootleg before we judge Zoo Station and The Fly. San Diego II's Fly was a significant improvement on San Diego I's, though that's not saying a whole lot ...

I'm also looking forward to hearing ISHFWILF, even if it is supposedly 'overplayed'.

:wink:

Axver said:

I can tell!

yeah, me too, but can you honestly tell me that you would rather they played that tonight than Original of the Species or A Man and a Woman or Crumbs From Your Table or Lemon or Exit or Ultraviolet or etc etc etc?

Dasani said:

It's my favourite setlist site - and hence I ultimately ended up on the administrative team (bringing the total team members to the large number of two) in March. At the moment, we're working on adding more snippets to make the site as comprehensive as possible, so if anyone has anything to add, e-mail me at amakaxver@gmail.com or use our feedback form.

A few other useful links:

All tours: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-u2-tours.html
Most played songs: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/most-played-songs.html
All played locations: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-locations.html

Enjoy!

(And don't worry, it'll be there tomorrow! That site and elevation-tour.com, its predecessor, allowed me to 'productively' pass a lot of time back in high school!)

Niceman said:

yeah, me too, but can you honestly tell me that you would rather they played that tonight than Original of the Species or A Man and a Woman or Crumbs From Your Table or Lemon or Exit or Ultraviolet or etc etc etc?

I'd rather hear ALL those songs than anything else they played tonite(Except Miracle Drug, COBL, and ABOY.) If they'd played Electric Co., Gloria, or An Cat Dubh I wouldn't switch them out either.

Niceman said:

I'd prefer ISHFWILF over OOTS, and if AMAAW had been done once, I think I'd want ISHFWILF too. Point taken on Crumbs, Exit, and Lemon, and I'm not sure about Ultra Violet. I used to despise it, and though I've come to enjoy it now, I think I'd rather ISHFWILF.

And what that paragraph illustrates best is PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Remember, U2 aren't playing this set to YOU, they are playing it to 15,000-20,000-or-so people!

namkcuR said:

I'll give props to U2Tours.com also....they've been my best source of tour info since Elevation....but I missed the search each song feature. Didn't know I could do that!!

I :heart: you both!!

namkcuR said:

U2Tours.com isn't nearly as searchable as u2-vertigo-tour.com (the successor to elevation-tour.com for anyone who hasn't realised, heh).

In The Midnight Hour
This song has been played at the following 5 shows:

· 1989-10-03 - Brisbane, Australia - Entertainment Center
· 1989-10-04 - Brisbane, Australia - Entertainment Center
· 1989-11-26 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Dome
· 1989-12-16 - Dortmund, Germany - Westfalenhalle
· 1990-01-10 - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Sport Paleis Ahoy

Are you fucking kidding me?!?! :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom