Anaheim I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on u2.com they mentioned that Bono dedicated 40 to the Pope...mentioning that he is the wearer of the shades (based on their meeting)

Here's my take on the situation: Sure we're seeing some "classics" rotated in with the rarities, but on the first three nights of the Elevation tour, there was exactly ONE song addition (that I could see) among the first three shows: angel of harlem. On Popmart, there was ZERO.

Yet with Vertigo we've already got:
1. An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart (really two, but I'll be stingy)
2. Gloria
3. With Or Without You
4. I Still Haven't Found
5. Mysterious Ways

That's 5(6) already, which is pretty darn good in my opinion. Sure, I would have rather heard any of the first 2(3) songs over the other more classic ones, but, supposing that I went to 4/1 instead of 3/30, I get different songs, which makes the night more unique, more special.

Picture the following scenario:

Fan #1 (who goes on say Friday): Hey, how was the concert tonight?

Fan #2 (who goes on Saturday): Great! that version of Pride rocked my socks off...

Fan #1: Bah, Pride was OK. But Streets... that was fantastic!

Fan #2: I suppose, but it's getting a bit tired, don't you think?

Instead, how about this (same date pairings):

Fan #1: Hey, how was the concert tonight?

Fan #2: Great! The version of Electric Co. was amazing!

Fan #1: Electric Co, huh. They didn't play Electric Co when I was there. But they did play Gloria, which was really cool.

Fan #2: Tell me all about it!

(and so on)...

And could someone please clarify when the encore began? Did the band leave the stage at all between Zoo Station and 40?

The fact that they're playing songs that were never big singles shows that they're really playing for the fans. I think it's great.

If the arenas have an 11:00 curfew, why not start earlier so they can play longer! More stagetime please.... Just a thought :wink:

MrBrau1 said:

Don't expect anything exciting like that. But you will get to hear NYD again. Whooo!. Thanks U2, for keeping the turds who own your 2 greatest hits CD's happy! And giving longtime fans nothing they haven't heard 100 times before.

Gloria, The Cry, The Electric Co., An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, 40, Zoo Station?

Yeah, I love that it is a varied setlist. I'm not saying that U2 sucks or anything stupid, just that I thought tonights setlist could have been more interresting......

u2 could play a 54-song set one night, and someone would complain about how they didn't perform an acoustic version of "alex descends..."

Axver said:
And could someone please clarify when the encore began? Did the band leave the stage at all between Zoo Station and 40?

It didn't sound like it to me....there didn't seem to be much of a break between any of the last songs.

I think....the only break was after One.

Okay, now I'm really going to sleep. :wave:

Niceman said:
Yeah, I love that it is a varied setlist. I'm not saying that U2 sucks or anything stupid, just that I thought tonights setlist could have been more interresting......

So totally varying it wasn't interesting?

Axver said:

Gloria, The Cry, The Electric Co., An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart?

The fact you're splitting "The Cry" out as a seperate song only proves my point. If tonite becomes the "standard", I'll be seeing 1 show, not 3.

Dasani said:

It didn't sound like it to me....there didn't seem to be much of a break between any of the last songs.

I think....the only break was after One.

Okay, now I'm really going to sleep. :wave:

Alright, because I'm updating u2-vertigo-tour.com now and it feels really weird to put the encore break in so early!

RademR said:
u2 could play a 54-song set one night, and someone would complain about how they didn't perform an acoustic version of "alex descends..."

:laugh:

Sad thing is though, you are right!

nurse chrissi said:
let them get into a comfortable place - they will add new songs as they become more confident
Mysterious Ways:drool:

btw - Vertiblog:up:

Thank you Ms. Nurse!

I'm trying. Thanks to my pal DRay out in Anaheim hooking us up with that sweet Mysterious Ways pic. Not bad for a cell phone. Can't wait to see some hi res pics of that. Classic.

btw, I'm psyched our call on Mysterious Ways came to fruition.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

The fact you're splitting "The Cry" out as a seperate song only proves my point. If tonite becomes the "standard", I'll be seeing 1 show, not 3.

I split The Cry because that's how it's always done on u2-vertigo-tour.com, which I'm updating now, and The Cry is never a guarantee with The Electric Co. All JT Tour performances of The Electric Co. lacked The Cry, for example.

But if you want to include them ...

The Cry/The Electric Co., An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Gloria, Zoo Station, The Fly, Running To Stand Still, 40. That's seven songs.

MrBrau1 said:

No. The same songs over and over and over sucks. Change the order all you want. If that keeps you happy, it sucks to be you.

:hmm: last time I checked this is the THIRD show of the tour!!! My God!! U2 fans can be unbelievably amazing in positive and negative ways!!

HEY PEOPLE! THIS SETLIST REALY MISSES ELECTRIC CO. and GLORIA,BUT I WOULD SAY THAT LAPOE IS PERFECT OPENER ...AND IT*S BETTER FOR COBL TO BE AFTER ENCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I expect tomorrow UTEOTW and one suprise

Honestly, all U2 has to do to please me at this point is include Crumbs. I love that song and am pretty scared that it won't ever make the cut. However, I do believe that songs like SBS, NYD, BTBS, Pride, and IWF are getting painfully tired. Tired to the point where I don't believe they carry the same relevance that they once did, and that completely goes against everything U2 stands for.

Axver said:

So totally varying it wasn't interesting?

They varied the order and I think that that's interresting. I love that they opened with Love and Peace. The setlist wasn't varied except for the fact that it was safer.

But on SD1 we had An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart

SD2 we had Gloria and With or Without You.

Tonight we had I Still... and Mysterious Ways.

Tonight just seems far safer and less gutsy, you know what I mean? Why not have two old songs that aren't on the "best-of" each night?

If they want to add a "best-of" song why not drop another best of song for it instead of a rarity? Why not skip Pride if they want to play Mysterious Ways?

Just how I would prefer it, that's all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom